Euro Truck Simulator 2

Flying along at 55mph down some Scottish A-road when I encounter a Ford Focus attempting to overtake an oncoming lorry. He completely stops and I just manage to swerve the cab around him, caught the front of the car with the trailer and spun him around. :lol:

Thrilling stuff! :D

lol, day job the game. Man, just how bored do you have to be to actually want to...

Aaaah, who am I kidding? Here's my level 12 lolvo:

Dammit, I just got to the destination from somewhere in the UK to Stuttgart and right when I was parking the trailer the demo expired... :shakefist:

The thing is that the surroundings are quite repetitive, I went from Hamburg to Bremen, Rotterdam, Carlisle, Osnabr?ck and Stuttgart, and everywhere are the same intersections, roughly the same buildings and absolutely everywhere there are fields of sunflowers. I don't know about the rest of Europe, but if it is the same I don't see the point in buying that game.

I don't mind the repetitive scenery that much, what gets me more is the retarded AI. I get overtaken by this van, who immediately stops right in front of me. And since it was me smashing into the back of the van, I'm ?400 out of pocket. Can't tell you how many times this has happened already... <_<

On a different note: Anyone using any mods? I'm using Realistic Physics including speed limit removal, Trailer skin pack and New Volvo interior. A few slight changes that make for quite a difference.

Okay, so M6 Northbound at around Tebay gorge. The game seems to believe the Howgill fells are circumnavigated using a MASSIVE TUNNEL. Instead of the nicest piece of Motorway in the whole country. This is a major annoyance.

Damn those swiss motorways. Speed limit 100, Radar Camera warning. Radar camera appears and 80 speed limit next to each other. BLAM! Every time. Assholes.

Passing slow econoboxes on downhill mountain passes is quite fun :D

It wasnt me, it was the yellow lines!

totallynotmyfault.jpg
totallynotmehonestly.jpg

Also I bought a 6x4 Volvo Globetrotter today and gave the red Scania to my second hired driver.

Last edited:
I hate you all

I decided to not go the loan way and as a result it has taken me considerable time to purchase a shitty silver Renault, mostly because I haven't done a single delivery without a speeding ticket or with the destruction of a Peugeot that pulls in front of me while I'm doing 140 (Realistic Physics mod without speed limiters FTW)

I showed the demo to my non truck driving, getting lost in his own neighborhood, can't back up using mirrors in a hatchback to save his life friend yesterday and he loved it! He took out half of northern France on his first drive, but that's beside the point.

Also, I'm not sure on the specs on his computer but I do know it's only 2 years old, and even on the lowest setting it struggles with it, never realized this thing packs such a wallop.

Another thing : I have plenty of cash in the game, but not a high enough level to buy the really cool stuff, I want a 500hp 6x4 dammit!

Last edited:
I hate you all

I decided to not go the loan way and as a result it has taken me considerable time to purchase a shitty silver Renault, mostly because I haven't done a single delivery without a speeding ticket or with the destruction of a Peugeot that pulls in front of me while I'm doing 140 (Realistic Physics mod without speed limiters FTW)

I took the initial loan and bought a truck, but no more until that was paid off. Which it now is! And I just bought the biggest engine, which means my racing Renault is now complete and it's time to expand :D

I did notice, long after the fact, that the cheapest "Volvo" has a 600 HP engine while the best engine for my truck makes 480....

Last edited:
Step 1: Install no-limiter mod
Step 2: Drive like an american
Step 3: Holy freaking truck on two wheels whooooaaaaaa!!!!

The first time it started to rain I was going 70mph. Immediately went into a tank slapper and rolled it. The weather effects looked cool for the 30 seconds I saw them. I need to change some settings with my Driving Force GT, it's waaaay too sensitive.

I wonder if a 6x4 would reduce slides... don't see much other purpose for it.

I acidently 730Hp volvo.......fuck that thing is fast.

ets2_00011.png

Last edited:
I installed the demo. Got a speeding ticket within the first 5 minutes. I need to get the full version and install the mod though, because I...

CAN'T

DRIVE

55!!!

So I installed the demo, playing with a pad, the steering was super sensitive. So i turned it down.
I can drive motorways fine, in towns though, it's hopeless to turn.

Also I don't really like the game.

The first time it started to rain I was going 70mph. Immediately went into a tank slapper and rolled it. The weather effects looked cool for the 30 seconds I saw them. I need to change some settings with my Driving Force GT, it's waaaay too sensitive.

see earlier in thread, i had linked settings for a G25, you can apply the same logic to tone down the sensitivity in the profiler, the game doesnt let you play around as much

if you select the gamepad/joystick subtype for controller it should be fine, sensitivity is perfect for normal driving with my Xbox controller and I left it at default. Parking is slow but I'll take that over twitchy highway driving.

Yep, if the setting is set to "Wheel" it's super sensitive with a 360 controller. Setting it to Joypad and playing around with some deadzone setting makes it perfect.

Downloaded the demo of the game.. I really want to like it, but damn was I bored.