Euro Truck Simulator 2

So euhrmm, I spent the whole of yesterday in one of these:

simulator_dev22.jpg

Which is,while very expensive and having 'real' controls a lot worse in every possible way (including realism!) than the game :p

Well, i forgot to mention that 4 of them worked for me before and they worked just fine. But i did something, which i don't remember, and they quit (probably left them without a truck in a garage). So, they rating are 5 and have lots of skills. Last one is a 1.8 and never worked. And i don't use any MOD.
There is a flaw in the original game data that causes the unable-to-find-a-job error-- duplicate lines in the configuration that cause drivers to land a job 50% of the time.

There is a flaw in the original game data that causes the unable-to-find-a-job error-- duplicate lines in the configuration that cause drivers to land a job 50% of the time.

Damn, i have to learn to explain everything right, keeping forget important details XD. Since i hire them, truck's status is idle and drivers are sleeping. no matter how much i sleep or quick travel.

So with Quiky's blessing, I took his mod and did some changes, reduced the boost a bit, removed jelly from the suspension,tried to make it harder to topple over and gave all trucks different gear ratios.

Here it is.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
I have yet another "WTF" moment for ya.
Here I am, driving along Highway 11 (east of Praha) and I'm about to exit a gas station when I nearly run into ...
http://imageshack.**/a/img687/7489/ets200045.th.png
http://imageshack.**/a/img211/4348/ets200046y.th.png

To be fair that could just be eastern european construction :p

Last edited:
"Boss told me to put poles 50m apart, I put poles 50m apart, me done job, me not payed to think"

Last edited:
That reminded me of THIS:

r-QUEBEC-HYDRO-POLE-large570.jpg

Haven't played in awhile, should get back into it :lol:

ETS 2 is Game of the Year (in Sims) and so Giant Bomb decided to play it. Unfortunately Giant Bomb is staffed by three americans who happen to be the least intelligent people on the planet. Driving starts after about 15 minutes until they're predictably stumped by the operation of the gearbox and the basic operation of a roundabout.

So bring out the pillow of shame and enjoy two hours of complete ignorance about other cultures, basic road rules, unit conversions as well as poor map reading and many rollovers! It's fun but god they are so stupid!

Altough he brought up one thing missing about 50 minutes in, there area no rumble strips in the game.

update
Around 1h10m they fail at using simple download sites.

update #2
Now they fail at downloading WinRAR o_O:roflmao:

Last edited:
So with Quiky's blessing, I took his mod and did some changes, reduced the boost a bit, removed jelly from the suspension,tried to make it harder to topple over and gave all trucks different gear ratios.

Here it is.
Hello, I just registered to say that this is a great mod, but I have a problem with it, the transmission would be stuck at 50km/h going a bit up and down and sometimes bring the truck to a full stop although I'm pressing forward key.
The only time it would work and go past 50 (or 30) is when the road is going up for some reason.
I tried this with a daf and a volvo both same result.
If anyone has a fix please post it, it's getting really frustrating :/
Here is my mod list (maybe there is a problem with one of the mods but none of them relate to speed) http://i.imgur.com/EUHwk.png

Back when the economy first tanked and I couldn't find any work, I spent a lot of time playing ETS and 18 WoS: ALH. Even got into making a bunch of skins for ALH (link here, downloads start on page 4). I started with just wanting to change the generic logos to actual logos (Peterbilt, Kenworth, etc.), and ended up skinning whole trucks and trailers, plus changing the tires from gray to black. Then I got a job and had to do that instead. :p

This game looks really cool. Although I kinda wish there was an american version, just so I could get big 'ol kenworths and peterbilts and stuff.

The company has a long line of American truck games before the European ones. It would be cool to go back, the game itself has vastly improved since those.

hello guys Checked out my new videos :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;KHR4J-RlCfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHR4J-RlCfg[/video]

how to download new mods? :blink:

Just unzip the .scs of any mod you download into the Your documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mods directory.

Next patch will bring us official Volvo and Iveco's, meaning only Mercedes is left behind the bandwagon. Hooray!
Also it would be cool if we could do more than just pickup and drop off one trailer, multiple drops could be easily implemented. Another neat thing would be going out into the forest and load our trucks!

Reading through this post makes me realize that I take this game way too seriously. I'm stunned by the amount of crashes, flip-overs and speeding tickets you guys seem to get. :|Then again, you are the ones modding the game aswell. :p It is sure fun, no doubt.

But it is interesting that you guys grab this SIMULATOR and mess around with it, instead of downloading/buying something that is less unreal and made for fun. To be honest I almost flipped my truck over for the first time today, but that was due to ignorance, and because I almost fell asleep (IRL). And it was at lvl 9, not 5 minutes into the game. :p

Someone shouted earlier "I Can't drive 55" (mph). My answer to that is: Have you ever driven a truck in real life? I have (Not a full semi, but a truck; I actually have a license) and I tell you: 50 mph is more than enough when fully loaded and you start to feel the truck leaning in the corners just to have the side-wind hit you real hard and your thoughts are: "I wonder what heaven will look like...". Just as a thought. :cool:

And you guys complaining about speeding tickets... Well if you do 145 km/h in a semi... What did you expect? :blink:

Now to the issues about this game: A part from the already mentioned NPC AI-quality the worst thing, in my humble opinion, is the lightning in this game. NPC Car lights don't do shit and the lights on your own truck is completely bonkers and wrong. If you've ever been blinded by a truck with just 4 extra lights on top of its roof you know that you are blinded like 500 yards away (if not even further). This game completely fails this aspect when loosing sight of cars just couple of hundred meters infront of you. And what worse is the first problem about the NPC; even though they have lights on, they suddenly just appear 100 - 200 meters in front of you, and if foggy or rainy that is reduced to < 80 meters. Kinda hard to brake then....

P.s. AI is unbelievable stupid: I was jamming up a crossing; my fault for sure, and I was blocking the road for people coming from left and right. Anyhow: I'm there, diagonally across the road, and from 100 meters away the NPC just keep on going straight into my semi. Fortunately I didn't get any fine for it, but still... <_<D.s.

I have two profiles in the game- One to play "srs bizness", and the other to mess around with mods that allow my trucks to make the kessel run in under 12 parsecs.

Standard Lights:

12 Super Lights:

Gravity Failure:

The only problem I have with speeding tickets in the game is that many sections of road have ambiguous limits (is this stretch 50 or 90 km/hr? I haven't seen any signs...), but I consider that a real-life problem that the game is simulating accurately, not a fault of the game. :p

The only problem I have with speeding tickets in the game is that many sections of road have ambiguous limits (is this stretch 50 or 90 km/hr? I haven't seen any signs...), but I consider that a real-life problem that the game is simulating accurately, not a fault of the game. :p
Or the 120->50 in some areas with no prior warning.. exactly like the PA turnpike.