Euro Truck Simulator 2

^^ Oh damn that's looking good!

Back to ETS2, it seems the update made the AI traffic go mad. I just did a run from Cambridge to Warsaw and had four cars hit me. One just blatantly changed lanes into me like I wasn't even there. The others surprised me blowing by me at 80ish MPH on exit ramps. I also managed to confuse an AI car when I didn't let it pass me on a two-lane road so it continued on in the oncoming lane and ran head on into a bus. :lol:

Back to ETS2, it seems the update made the AI traffic turn Russian.
FTFY. I completely agree that traffic has gone absolutely bonkers-- other trucks merging into me without warning, cars jumping me last minute at intersections and off ramps, and the outright refusal to cooperate with my turn signals. Turn on my signal, mirrors are empty, start merging and WHAM- rear ended.

I may have made a slight mess of things.

2014-08-16_00002.jpg

2014-08-16_00003.jpg
This week buy explosives get a free Astra.

Traffic shoots up my onramps at 140 kph as well. ATS is looking good!

Last edited:
No sadly it reset itself after a little while. The culprit in the above accident was the blue-van-man (of course), he was behind that bus in the middle lane which was passing the LKW in the outer and then suddenly he switched lane to overtake the bus as I was coming down the inner lane at 140 kph, so aimed for the space between the bus and the van.

HanSolo0221131_0.jpg
I have no blame in this :p
I also encountered a mini-stau ahead of me, suddenly very slow moving traffic on the autobahn for no reason. More of that please!

Also who here has ever seen a store where they put the delivery dock on the front? (TSM 5). Parking was a bitch. FOV is off in the pic, it's even less space to manoeuvre on than it looks like.

2014-08-16_00007.jpg

Last edited:
I've have yet to get a delivery to this supermarket. It's very tight and should be a nice challenge to reverse in ...

Meanwhile, I've gone full 80s! It even has a turbodiesel.

0000000000055529.jpg

famewhore link

I am liking the new 1.12 update as well. Yes those mad AI drivers really do keep you on your toes. I have yet to deliver in that supermarket place either but I do like the scenery in ProMods and TSM.

Ionian Sea outside of Taranto in Italy (TSM Map 5.1)

0000000000054289.jpg

My Scania T Long Line somewhere in Finland. (ProMods 1.7) I like how the trailer matches the truck colour :D

0000000000055258.jpg

Greetings!

One of the trucks that you have been so anxiously anticipating is finally getting close to completion... Rest assured we are pushing hard to make sure you'll get it as soon as possible.

001.jpg

Trucks happen to be the most notoriously difficult type of 3D model to build and implement for our games than any other of our assets. We are always thinking about ways to speed up their delivery to you, but there was not a single case where it would take us less than half a year to implement a new truck. How can we speed this up? We are now looking into more advanced 3D scanning technologies to acquire high-detail reference data. We are also discussing internally if we should not try shipping an initial release of a truck with limited amount of cabins, chassis and upgrade variations. Would it make sense for you?

Anyway that won't be the case with The New DAF XF Euro 6 - it is coming with traditional palette of cabin, chassis selection, and other upgrade options.

002.jpg

Even if trucks are eating considerable amount of company human and financial resources, we still resist the temptation to ask for money for the upcoming Euro Truck Simulator 2 standard truck models and will continue bringing them to you free of charge in future updates of the game. We feel that it's fair to ask for support from time to time with additional optional elements for the game, but the core experience is improved for everybody.

003.jpg

Thanks for your patience. Currently the new DAF is about ready for final testing iterations, we are targeting its release for the second half of September.

004.jpg
Linky

looks nice!

Shame the real world reference is so dated despite being recently launched.

Amazing leaked footage of Euro Truck Sim 8! Well, not really. But look at the first few minutes. Unless you're a claustrophobic. And it's really long. So don't watch it all. ;)

At 52 minutes feels just like in when I drive. Also we need our cabs to be cluttered with stuff.

Last edited:
Did you really watch the whole video? :D

Also, why is the current DAF outdated? Is it just a minor facelift?

Last edited:
Thanks for the infos!

Amazing leaked footage of Euro Truck Sim 8! Well, not really. But look at the first few minutes. Unless you're a claustrophobic. And it's really long. So don't watch it all. ;)

At 52 minutes feels just like in when I drive. Also we need our cabs to be cluttered with stuff.

I just watched a couple of minutes of this. It's actually quite interesting, but man I wish I would understand what he is saying.

Huzzah!

Mercedes-Benz New Actros work in progress

The readers of our blog have long suspected that another vehicle we surely must be building is the 2012 New Actros truck tractor. It has taken us a lot of time and effort to obtain the necessary license; to finally complete the "Big Seven" European truck manufacturers licenses.

At long last, we are happy to show you that we are doing some solid work on the truck! In fact we are now working hard to speed up production of the 3D model, with one senior 3D designer assigned to the task of creation of the exterior of the vehicle, while another 3D guru is working on the dashboard and interior.

Check out some Work in Progress screenshots of this majestic truck: (I see what they did there! :p )

Link

Yeah I would like to see and drive ones with Scandinavian length trailers

There needs to be a mod that lets you string together an Aussie style land train.