Euro Truck Simulator 2

Well, in Extreme Trucker (from SCS aswell) you could drive these suckers. :)

6491778819_bf8e5cb351_z.jpg

I really need to play this again, suddenly it appeals to me again after not playing for at least a year. :)

I let a friend try it because he has a Rift DK2 and I read that it should be supported, apparently it has never worked.

Have been following this mod in a russian forum for a while, and finally it's here, my alltime favorite truck <3

Peterbilt 351

And this is what it looks like ingame with one of the trailers that's in this mod :)

0000000000061957.jpg

WoT Linky

Last edited:
It's 6,49 currently on steam (Midweek Madness) and if you can't afford a couple of bucks for a great game then I have no sympathy for you. ;)

Getting torrent links in this forum is something that will likely fail, sorry.

After playing vanilla for the better part of a year I finally decided to dive into the world of mods, specifically with Promods and Realistic Physics. Wow these make the game even better! The Promods map adds a lot of new scenery which is a nice break from the standard copy/paste that SCS uses for completely different regions.

I would also recommend Jazzy Cat's trailers and traffic packs. Adds some real companies and cars to the game that only adds to the experience. TSM Map is good too.

1.14 is out on Steam beta. SCS keeps polishing _alot_.

Here is the development log of the 1.14 update

Gameplay:
  • Liftable axles
  • Upload your World of Trucks profile truck from the in-game Screenshot Manager
  • Increased damage for overturned vehicles
  • Tweaked penalties for damaged cargo
  • Automatic transmission tweaked to better handle steep hills (such as the quarry)
  • Camera rotation based on steering and blinkers
  • Correct speed limit after using the train
  • Red light offense isn't reported if the player is too far inside a crossroad
  • More lenient wrong-way offense check to allow maneuvering in small crossroads
  • Better terrain profile interpolation
  • Many improvements in simulation: overturned trucks, damping of rear axles, gearbox

Models:
  • New truck: DAF XF Euro 6
  • New 6-wheeled chassis for (almost) all trucks
  • Substantial data fixes in most chassis
  • Added driver seats for DAF XF and MAN TGX
  • Small fixes in many models: sawmill, factory, wharf, quarry, trucks, trailers

AI:
  • New traffic rules: stop lines, city start/end, highway start/end, give way, priority roads
  • Improved driving rule priorities
  • AI trucks prevented from entering trains
  • Support for sleep time in traffic lights
  • Speed limit detection fixes
  • More realistic AI vehicle speed in curves
  • Many improvements in vehicle spawning, navigation, reviving, yielding, lane changing, overtaking, blinking

Sound:
  • New, improved or fixed sounds: gears, horn, blinker, Scania V8 interior

Map:
  • Many map bugs fixed
  • Roads around Kiel and Rostock recreated

Steam:
  • Steam Rich Presence: job information in "View more info" in the Steam friends list

Code:
  • Support for decal parts in road edge models
  • Support for multiple truck dealer definitions
  • Allow pedestrian spawning on models
  • Prevent crashes: non-existing parked vehicles, cities, invalid truck accessories, invalid backup data

User interface:
  • Truck browser shows all upgrades and their level requirements
  • Added option to skip cutscenes
  • Speed limit shown on dashboard GPS
  • Support for adviser page switching
  • Speed on adviser is more precise
  • Option to display the password on the login screen
  • Smoother camera movement in showrooms
  • Improved text pasting into input fields
  • Improved city name sorting
  • Updated localization and credits, fixed typos, clarified texts

Rendering:
  • Fixed blinking objects in mirrors
  • Support for mirror image scaling
  • Support for an additional front mirror
  • Support for flares with visibility capped by angle
  • Better rendering statistics
  • Edge look can be controlled by the attached road look
  • Better handling of vegetation detail with changing distance
  • Support for an additional low-quality vehicle LOD

Modding:
  • Goto console command now accepts city names or their fragments (eg "goto aber" teleports camera to Aberdeen)
  • Improved miniconsole
  • Telemetry: more precise fuel reporting, job info
  • New cargo definition structure
  • Advisor definition cleanup
  • Content browser improvements
  • Per-sector weather climate profiles

Editor:
  • Gamma correction of user-picked colors
  • Better handling of high-DPI monitors
  • Texture list
  • New toolbar
  • Sign editor improvements

liking the speedlimit on the dash, now I can re-getridof the gps... now just got to get good mods that have interior nav's for MB & renault...

^if that makes no sense... I've been drinking.
whilst trucking too :):D

Anybody trying the 1.14 Beta? I gotta say, the new DAF looks great. The wood interior not so much, but there are interior mods out there that look a lot better. Nice to see the Jazzycats mods work on the beta.

801A0AA7CCDE4B882EC893A945BA745310DB95B8

You have a sufficient amount of headlamps on that thing, approved :thumbsup:

Wow that's a hell of a lot of updates! It's great to see them putting so much effort into the game, especially since they've been concentrating on ATS.

liking the speedlimit on the dash, now I can re-getridof the gps... now just got to get good mods that have interior nav's for MB & renault...

^if that makes no sense... I've been drinking.
whilst trucking too :):D

I love playing this game drunk. :lol:

The new patch might have broken my game; when I visit DAF dealer showroom, the game crashes, and when I go to sleep, the clock freezes for a good time before it starts moving

Update 1.15 just rolled out a couple of minutes ago.

Dunno if it's just me but even without mods it won't show any available loads/trailers, not even the symbols at the companies. Huh?! :lol:

For those that do not have it ETS 2 is ?3 on Steam today.

Anyone complete the Christmas challenge where you have to drive the equivalent distance from Prague to the North Pole? I think the challenge is what is causing a conflict in some trailer packs I have, which initially was why I wasn't getting any jobs when I first installed 1.15. The reward is a new paint scheme, looks nice.

00000000000A1050.jpg

Anyone complete the Christmas challenge where you have to drive the equivalent distance from Prague to the North Pole? I think the challenge is what is causing a conflict in some trailer packs I have, which initially was why I wasn't getting any jobs when I first installed 1.15. The reward is a new paint scheme, looks nice.

00000000000A1050.jpg

I'm at 42% right now. Should be done later today :D

Also, because I only drive the big Scania 730 beasts, I just noticed they finally got the new sounds in. SO GOOD!