Europeans:small secondhand car for a girl?

Well, I was actually at two different ones.... weird.

ow.. that was a bad case of dyslexia.. I read that the title of the thread was "small car for second hand girl":lmao::roflmao::rofl:

What about a Ford Ka - you'd probably get a 6 month old one for that price

There's not a single one Ford Ka on the secondhand market... it's a weird weird small market...
I think her father finally bought the VW Fox ( I was against it, because it wasn't regularly sold here ).

hrm...

Don't get an oldish Polo, anything after 2003 or so is OK (mine was)
Don't get a Citroen or Peugeot 206 if you want to drive it more than a couple of years

VW... if the question is Lupo or Fox, Lupo all the way (the fox is cheap because it's made cheaply with cheap materials... it also sits very high. Lupo = love)

Seat Ibiza is nice, like a Polo but cheaper and better looking

otherwise, a Fiesta will be fine (not the newest one obviously) and I do like the Swift aswell (even with 1.3 it is quite capable)

all this advice is good and all, but she has to go and try some out for herself and make her mind up. Women tend to like other things then men when driving car (such as is the driver's seat moveable up and down, does it have nice mirrors and shiny things)... they usually don't care that it doesn't have nice wheels or only has 55 hp :lol:

8000km? Any car can survive 8000km, even british leyland, that's not much praise. Come back when you've got 118000, like my vw, and tell me it's not pissing you off with it's unreliability.

Hmmm, I think I didn't explain to well..
I have my Lupo now 4 years (it's 8 years old in total) and I moved from Holland to Ireland. I drove about 8000 (maybe 9000 already) kms here. I think that's really good especially when you know that the roads in Ireland can be very, very bad (not talking bout the N roads though, theyr'e good).
And that's why I praised my little Lupo cause it's doing really good.
Oh, and for your info, it's heading the 100.000 kms very fast.
Can I come back now? :)

My bro has a BMW 535 from '85 wich did 300.000 kms... how about that? :lol:

This might seem stupid, but how hard is it to say go to Germany and buy a second hand car and drive it back? Do you get slugged with some massive tarriffs or something?

I dont know about this particular country but in here it aint so easy, there are paperwork, there are tax calculations etc and the end result in super mini is that you wont save a thing.