Eurovision Song Contest 2011 or "How I learned to Love Belarus!"

3 minutes is the length all songs must have for the contest. Otherwise they would come up with 10-minute mini operas.

Thanks! That must have been it.

Can we bring Quiky's hammer down on Peter Urban, please? "Galicia in the East of Spain..." :rolleyes: If you have to flaunt your geography knowledge, at least get it right!

Last edited:
OK my favs (ours - of course!) but I liked Hungary a great deal, she had some pipes, Georgia and Germany - oh and Jedward were bloody fantastic! That's all folks.

whats with the extra 5 minutes of visibility for lena in the opening show? apparently uk is thinking about complaining about it. Is it the first time when last years winner is defending its position?

whats with the extra 5 minutes of visibility for lena in the opening show? apparently uk is thinking about complaining about it. Is it the first time when last years winner is defending its position?
Can't complain about it, EBU have given permission beforehand.

Dear Das Erste: This middle act is dreadful. The technical aspects are all wonderful, but the hosts, script and middle acts have not been up to par.

Now it's 2.0 on both SVT1 HD and YLE HD.
Yeah what the hell is up with that? I switched to fake surround but I mean come on it's 2011, what's keeping them from getting the true 5.1 signal?

Last edited:

It is traditional after all to have last year's winner perform the opening act. Not the first time, I believe #3. Dunno how it was back in the 50s though when defending winners tried again, maybe there was no opening act.

even more, how did us brits give Ireland / Jedward 12 points? i'm seriously losing faith in humanity.

I'm away on the mountains for a single day and Europe goes mad? What the fuck is the UK doing so high up, why the fuck has Ireland done any better, and how in hell did Azerbaijan win?!? Massive congrats to them though!

So the next Eurovision song contest is going to be held in Asia.