Eurovision Song Contest 2011 or "How I learned to Love Belarus!"

I was more amazed by the Albanian guy quoting the Wochenshow.
Ah, so that was what "Danke Anke!" was about - I hadn't heard it on the TV.

So the next Eurovision song contest is going to be held in Asia.
just like in 1999

Everyone voting for their next door neighbours and Azerbijan.
LOL voting.

:lol:

Well I suppose congratulations are in order for Sweden #2, altough I am rather annoyed by Latvia for bumping us down to third. Anyway everyone but five countries got 12 points which means it was quite close like I expected. Why yes I am a very humble person :p

As others have already mentioned next years final will start at approximately midnight local time and better yet, it won't finish until half past three at best! :lol:
Also which country did the guy that moved in and out of the screen while presenting the votes come from? Funny man! I like that. And Poland, just e-mail us the results next time and we can have Microsoft Sam read them to us instead of that braindead woman.

Last edited:
Dear Das Erste: This middle act is dreadful. The technical aspects are all wonderful, but the hosts, script and middle acts have not been up

I seriously have no idea, why they chose Jan Delay for the middle act. It was the chance to show, that some good music is actually made here -- and they picked the one artist, that even most Germans don't understand or like.

If you didn't understand him, don't worry: Nobody does. It's his "style" to mumble unintelligible stuff. His fans probably think he's got "feeling" :rolleyes: But I just think he's embarrassing.

Hungary giving Iceland 12 points was pretty random though.

Cyprus would probably still vote for Greece, when they put a guy with a singing saw and a howling dog on stage...

Cyprus would probably still vote for Greece, when they put a guy with a singing saw and a howling dog on stage...

To be honest having Cyprus in the contest is like having Wales or Scotland in alongside England, or letting ?land compete (which would be quite interesting). It may be a republic on paper, but in reality it's a part of Greece (Cyprus, not ?land). And IIRC the turkish part doesnt get to vote.

Last edited:
To be honest having Cyprus in the contest is like having Wales or Scotland in alongside England, or letting ?land compete (which would be quite interesting). It may be a republic on paper, but in reality it's a part of Greece (Cyprus, not ?land). And IIRC the turkish part doesnt get to vote.

The Republic of Cyprus even is a member of the EU.

Did anyone vote? I did, once with my landline and once by SMS. Needless to say, neither of my choices got any points at all from Germany.