Eurovision Song Contest 2011 or "How I learned to Love Belarus!"

I was too busy baking a cake to even pay attention to Blue. Me mam was in to it though she turned the telly volume right up.

Well, I think Hungary was robbed :( ... way the best song to my aging ears .... and apparently to Finland as well.

Though, these guys seem to think that Hungary robbed them:

They do sound very similar, but I think if I were to sift through my anthem trance collection I'd find another 20 songs with a boom shaka shaka shaka back beat.

On another note; since Bin Laden is now off the scene, maybe US special forces can finally turn their attention to catching Simon Cowell. He may not have been on stage in D?sseldorf, but he is most certainly responsible for Jedward. Assuming I am correct in believing that he is the criminal mastermind behind X-Factor(?).

Last edited:
They do sound very similar, but I think if I were to sift through my anthem trance collection I'd find another 20 songs with a boom shaka shaka shaka back beat.
Go back a few pages and see what I said about chord progressions.

So ... the day after. I?m slightly hungover from a little too much alcohol ... but had a very nice evening. I hadn?t spoilerd my self too much and hadn?t watched the semi-finals to conserve as much WTF for the main event as possible ... and it did deliver, as usual. Biggest wtf was Greece. First the song itself ... and then seeing them gather points at the end, outscoring quite a lot good stuff.

And btw, I like Jan Delay and I think he had a great performance.

The Republic of Cyprus even is a member of the EU.
So we have to Greece in the EU? I hope Cyprus is better at accounting. There are some benefits though, Turkey being let in seems distant if Cyprus is already in.
I know two things about Cyprus; it is a very convenient (=cheap) place to register your ship in (hence their huge merchant fleet) and it's warm.

My new favourite country in the world is Israel. My new least favourite countries are Austria, Germany and Switzerland. And of course Poland.

Where did Azerbaijan come from - rather forgettable song I am afraid?
Like Ghenghis Khan it came from the east and surprised everyone.

Last edited:
And btw, I like Jan Delay and I think he had a great performance.

Well, could have been worse. The ARD could have decided to show some "typical German" music :p

Man, that was some shit-grade music. "I'm gonna be popular!"? What the fuck kind of lyrics are those?

My new favourite country in the world is Israel. My new least favourite countries are Austria, Germany and Switzerland. And of course Poland.

Don't feel bad. You've had Abba. The fame Sweden got from that, will last for another 50 years of song contest ;)

I mean, think about it: Without Abba, Sweden would be reduced to meat balls and IKEA today ;)

Looking at the event, I must say, that I didn't see as much "What the f...?", as I have seen in recent years. The show was great and if you leave personal taste away, most acts were decent. In the final analysis we might have seen a modernization of the song contest this year. And I'm saying that without any national pride or pathos but just with a sober mind on the morning after.

Last edited:
I mean, think about it: Without Abba, Sweden would be reduced to meat balls and IKEA today ;)
I am almost tempted to negrep you for forgetting Saab and Volvo. Blasphemy! :lol:

there were many things about last night's Eurovision that weren't right to begin with.
quite

We had bloc voting of the worst kind combined with the predominant preference for sugary and forgettable ballad-type kitsch, hence Azerbaijan won.

Should have gotten Peter Fox as middle act..........better than Jan Delay :)

Well, the people i watched ESC with and i wanted Moldowa or Ireland to win, which says quite a lot about the amount of Schnaps consumed.

Well, the people i watched ESC with and i wanted Moldowa or Ireland to win, which says quite a lot about the amount of Schnaps consumed.

strangely enough, those two were our candidates for winner as well

strangely enough, those two were our candidates for winner as well
Moldova was the favorite at my little get togther too (I almost fell of my seat laughing when the fairy on the uni-cycle came into view*) came in picture ... Ireland not though, Switzerland maybe as runner-up ...

* stuff you?d never thought you?d write in your life

Last edited: