Spoilers: Eurovision Song Contest 2015! Post your favourites!

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Yes! In nine days it's time again for the biggest non-sporting event of the year, and the only hosted by Conchita. As this is the 60th anniversary we have a joker entry, finally Australia, a devout Eurovision country despite never taking part have been granted a place in the contest and because it's a one-off they have been automatically qualified for the final.

And among the automatically qualified entries, they are one of the very best. It's not just a good song by Eurovision standards, it's a good song!

R1hg5A7.png

Go Australia!

Here are the songs:
Playlist for Semi Final 1
Playlist for Semi Final 2
Playlist for Final (auto-qualified entries)

Other things of note:
  • Russia sends a song about living together in peace. Irony is apparently not a word in the russian vocabulary.
  • Germany sends a song nobody voted for (!)
  • UK is once again pulling some kind of inside joke on us all. WTF do you find this crap BBC.
  • Sweden sends Mums-Mums.
  • Finland sends the shortest entry ever (and that's probably for the best).
  • Italy is extremely italian (in a good way!)
  • Norway plays with their food.
  • Ballads ballads ballads.
  • Israel!

Last edited:
You are just joking about Australia being in the contest, aren't-you? :?

.. to see if we are paying attention, etc.

Last time I checked, Oz is not in Europe and is a seperate continent.:p
(Yes, I know Israel isn't either, but politics etc, blah blah.)

From what I have heard, the Eurovision Song Contest is a quite big thing in Australia. I think it's nice that they can take part with their own song. But the big question is, what happens if they win?

Been listening to some of the songs and I really like Russia this year. Cute girl and a really good song.

From what I have heard, the Eurovision Song Contest is a quite big thing in Australia. I think it's nice that they can take part with their own song. But the big question is, what happens if they win?

Been listening to some of the songs and I really like Russia this year. Cute girl and a really good song.

Still no competition for their 2012 entry:

Sadly if Australia wins we don't get to go to Sydney, as Australia has had to partner with a permanent EBU member (rumor/Christer Bj?rkman says Germany) that will host the event next year in cooperation with SBS. Yes, Russia's song is OK (one of 10 entries written by Swedes) but as usual anyone voting for Russia will be sent to the camps. You don't want to be sent to the camps do you?

Slovenia is back in the race for this year and their entry isn't bad either. At the other end of the spectrum Ukraine has sadly withdrawn for obvious reasons. Let's take a moment to remember Ukraine's magnificient Verka.

Last edited:
but as usual anyone voting for Russia will be sent to the camps. You don't want to be sent to the camps do you?

I better not vote for the cute Russian girl then. Wouldn't wanna end up in Siberia.

Can't send you to siberia, that's in Russia. Like other Eurovision-traitors you'll be sent to a re-education camp in Austria run by bearded women :p

Hey, if I can take the cute Russian girl with me, you can send me anywhere :p

Germany 1979 was where it was at

It would be pretty lulz if Australia did win, our performer won Australian idol like 10 years ago and has had actual hits since then

It would be pretty lulz if Australia did win, our performer won Australian idol like 10 years ago and has had actual hits since then

I don't see it. Eurovision is a game of cut throat politics. Only the most daring survive.

I don't see it. Eurovision is a game of cut throat politics. Only the most daring survive.

It?s always been a show full of surprise-winners that no one saw coming beforehand. Lordi of course being the most prominent example. I?m sure Australia will get a lot of votes just out of sympathy.

That said, I haven?t spoiled myself at all and haven?t heard ANY of the songs so far (not even the german or french), so I?m quite looking forward to the show this year.

Semi 1 is the weaker one, and yes the million voices song is going to go to the final. It's still treason to vote for it. And really ORF, you call that an interval? Pets? Humor is not your forte it seems. Go Estonia!

For explanation for the results, go here http://tim-wunderlich.net/esc_map
Select other countries support for selected country
Click (for example) Russia

Last edited:
I'd rather kill myself than enter a European state if your taste in music is so shit. PKN4eva
[video=youtube;ePhjs-3q068]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePhjs-3q068[/video]

Och vinnaren ?r...

Sverige !!!

[video=youtube;-msutN_OkU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-msutN_OkU4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

0HCASMD.gif

B8Z5JHZ.jpg

Jon Ola knows how to make voting exciting! Phew! Looked gruesome there for a moment!

Last edited:
Wohoo, 0 points! Our entry wasn't that bad, was it? :D
rather relieved sweden beat russia in the end... that would've been ridiculous...

Austria also got 0 despite having a big fire (ORF really likes fire). Something about Ann-Sophie rubbed me the wrong way, and we must remember she was only there because your winner decided he didn't want to go to Austria (whaaaaaaat...?).

With 78.7% of the votes Andreas K?mmert was announced as the winner of Unser Song f?r ?sterreich, however he decided not to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest and Ann Sophie was declared the German representative.
At least you're good at football ;)