Eve online, FG corporation and other talk

Unless you want to pay the ?14.95/month :lol:

but your supporting 1 corp @ iceland!
think of the peeps that work around eve online, they have 1 servercluster that is turned off every 23hours to let the server recover from intense people-battles.

I noticed you can buy game time with in game currency. How feasible would it be to do so?

I was planning on maybe purchasing a 3 month subscription, first concentrate on some vital skill learning like mining and then save up for a cheap transport ship so I can mine larger quantities, after that I'd save for a big mining barge.
And so the first 3 months I'd try to generate enough income to purchase another month of membership, with some money left over ofcourse... And so I'd eventually work my way to purchasing a ship for battling and other activities.

Maybe I'm a bit too optimistic here, since I don't know a whole lot about the game yet. But this seems like a good way to start in EVE, no? :p

Also, how important is it to do agent missions?

I noticed you can buy game time with in game currency. How feasible would it be to do so?

See my post on the top of page 3.

I was planning on maybe purchasing a 3 month subscription, first concentrate on some vital skill learning like mining and then save up for a cheap transport ship so I can mine larger quantities, after that I'd save for a big mining barge.

1. I don't recommend mining. The isk income is almost worthless because of bots.
2. The usual ship training progression for a miner is mining frigate -> t2 miner module -> mining cruiser -> strip miners -> Retriever -> Hulk. Haulers don't really figure into it unless you've got an alt for hauling or you're mining in a deserted star system. This is because of can flippers.
3. Mining barges have a smaller cargohold than industrials. The Hulk is an exception with its 17200 m3 cargohold. The keyword with barges is yield. Industrials have a really rubbish ore extraction rate. You need to balance yield and cargohold, which is why people no longer mine in battleships, which have a better yield than Retrievers, but a really poor cargohold. Mining barges and exhumers have had their yield and cargo space set just right.

And so the first 3 months I'd try to generate enough income to purchase another month of membership, with some money left over ofcourse... And so I'd eventually work my way to purchasing a ship for battling and other activities.

Working 8 hour days, you'll spend 23 days mining for a single plex. Compare this to a grand total of 19 hours max per plex doing level 4 missions. I recommend you start off doing missions for isk, and then take up mining as a hobby.

Maybe I'm a bit too optimistic here, since I don't know a whole lot about the game yet. But this seems like a good way to start in EVE, no? :p

Based on the above, I'd go with "no".

Also, how important is it to do agent missions?

They are the main source of income, security status and faction standings for high-sec dwellers, so extremely important.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks Jupix, that clears up a lot :)

Guess I'll just make the best of the 11 trial days I have left and I'll see where I am by then :)

Got back into the capsule after almost 2 years of hibernation. Just when i started to get a hold of things again, Sansha's invaded my home system and now everything is a big clusterfuck. Grrrr.

Downloaded again.

This is me when I'm trying to play...

fuck.jpg

I almost fell for the e-mail I got tonight, but with the other games I have lined up now, there is no way I'd try to make sense of Eve.

I almost fell for the e-mail I got tonight, but with the other games I have lined up now, there is no way I'd try to make sense of Eve.

Play EVE and those other games will cease to exist.

Unpossible. Even if it could overthrow Skyrim, which I doubt, it stands no chance against Zelda.

I had a little hiatus and got back a few days ago when they e-mailed and gametime was on sale about -20%.

I have to say all the "little" changes they did in the new expansion add up. The game is better than it was. The new graphics are also cool, I like the new warp tunnel and the way you're kinda in a "bubble" when you warp. Also, the Raven looks like a new model, did it get upgraded?

I'm selling some old ships that were gathering dust, in order to recoup some isk. I'm up to something like 2,4 billion. It's not much but I'm hoping that'll see me through whatever I want to do in the coming weeks. Haven't tried the tier 3 battlecruisers yet, the Caldari one looks pretty interesting, but I don't really have a pvp playmate atm.

So I've kinda gotten into the game with a few people, mostly running scavenges that one picks up from the corp he's in. If FG corp is still going along we'd like to get more jarbs and stuff.