Eve online, FG corporation and other talk

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
First some info about EVE Online:

Read here more about Eve

So Me, Sued and Mikas talked in irc and Sued founded a Eve Online corporation.

Code:
Corporation Name = Final Gear
Location = Lustrevik VII - moon 9 - Brutor Tribe Bureau

Corp is mainly Mission and Mining -corporation.

If you play eve AND are Finalgear.com member, join the talk Or join the corporation.
In your Application mention atleast one of these:
Code:
- www.finalgear.com forums member -name
- irc.finalgear.com username

If you're interested and want to try EVE, send me a pm and I can give an invite for a 21 day trial instead of the standard 14 day trial! :)

My brother in law has been trying to get me to play this for years, but the last time he got me hooked on an MMORPG, he quit a few weeks later. <_<

Still, it looks like fun, assuming you can get involved in a big corporation.

People take that game way too seriously for their own good, which is why I stopped playing after doing a one month subscription past a 21 day trial. The game is beautiful, the concept of the game is awesome, and I had figured out a lot of stuff, but the whole corporation business is too serious :lol:.

My brother in law has been trying to get me to play this for years, but the last time he got me hooked on an MMORPG, he quit a few weeks later. <_<

Still, it looks like fun, assuming you can get involved in a big corporation.

Well, get your inlaw some fresh air :D
And the game looks nice, but nowdays i have seen some really weird bugs :eek: But planet mining has come!

im in Atlas Alliance.

Nice :) the corp isn't (yet) in an Alliance, as it just really small group. And i'm total nuub in it after 9 months :p

People take that game way too seriously for their own good, which is why I stopped playing after doing a one month subscription past a 21 day trial. The game is beautiful, the concept of the game is awesome, and I had figured out a lot of stuff, but the whole corporation business is too serious :lol:.

The corporations are for that you don't have to find your frineds on some other systems.
And you can get some nice features with some of your corp members (like refining @ max) + doing a mission with 3- or more friends makes em easier.

Oh I totally understand what corporations are there for, it's just that... at least the one I joined (EVE University, was it?), took itself supremely seriously, and even though it rapidly accelerated the learning curve for me, it was all a little bit too overwhelming for me.

I just did a free trial.... not sure I could really get into it. It seems well done but it would eat up a lot of time.

I tried it once based on my roommate's request. He played it a bunch. I like the concept and the game, for the most part. It was really dull at times, it seemed. I know when my roommate played, he would watch tv and do other stuff at the same time.. so it got slow.

What really interested me the most was the map of territories. The whole universe and who controls what... and this weent there was a big raid and all these systems were taken over, and this and this..etc. I couldn't stay in it long enough to get to that point.

What really interested me the most was the map of territories. The whole universe and who controls what... and this weent there was a big raid and all these systems were taken over, and this and this..etc. I couldn't stay in it long enough to get to that point.

i created this map and update it when stuff changes:

LATEST.png

Last edited:
I've ignored Eve completely but watching the videos and reading about it, it actually sounds quite interesting. Much more appeal to me than WoW for example. I think I'll be trying it soon.

Last edited:
I've ignored Eve completely but watching the videos and reading about it, it actually sounds quite interesting. Much more appeal to me than WoW for example. I think I'll be trying it soon.

Good, very good :)
give us a call when you wanna join, And do the tutorial etc missions for getting the hang of things :eek:

ps. i started to harvest ice, thanks Sued, now i have the time to reas a book :eek:

I've been playing the 21-day free trial and am about to pick up a subscription.

Currently I'm working on joining up with the Edgegamers organization, as I have a friend who plays for them. I am currently in a Kestrel, and am around 2 days skill training away from a Caracal, after which I will be jumping to a Wormhole-running Drake.

I'm watching the finals of the Alliance Tournament and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. The final match is coming up in around 35 minutes. I've also downloaded the trial and have been working it all out today. I almost got my arse kicked too straying into a guarded area, only saved by some last minute warping.

Only got a 14 day on one of my many emails, and dunno I have mixed feelings about the game right now..

Devil 500, I'm sure some of the members would be eager to send you a 21 day buddy invite. It does give the person who invited a free 30 days, if the invitee upgrades his account.
I suppose trying it out is the best way to find out if you like it.

Matt2000, do you want to join us? :) Free Quafe!

Elvis313 has joined our ranks on a trial account.

Last edited:
Devil 500, I'm sure some of the members would be eager to send you a 21 day buddy invite. It does give the person who invited a free 30 days, if the invitee upgrades his account.
I suppose trying it out is the best way to find out if you like it.

(/me was eagar)

Matt2000, do you want to join us? :) Free Quafe!

Quafe rulz! OK!

Elvis313 has joined our ranks on a trial account.

\o/ we have new member!

Yeah I'd like to join, I actually came over to the Bureau the other day for a look around. I'm trying to get into mining now and have just bought a Thrasher. I've also completed the scanning tutorials so want to give that a go in a different system. I'll join up next time I'm on but I think I'm going to struggle justifying the subscription costs.

I'm (very, very slowly) downloading the demo now, I was intrigued by the idea of paying my subscription with in-game money. I dunno if you want me to wait and see if I get the full game, but I'll join.