Ever realized you haven't taken care of your body?

How about "Gangrene Gums"?

Alright, how many of you did like me and brushed your teeth after reading the first post on this thread?

Alright, how many of you did like me and brushed your teeth after reading the first post on this thread?

I google searched gum disease, saw this picture of the long-term effects of gum disease:

http://img254.imageshack.**/img254/4367/hdc000100020img0118ka5.jpg

and then brushed my teeth.

*looks at picture*
Alright, gonna brush my teeth. And floss. And brush again. And use mouthwash. Be right back.

Last edited:
Wow I brushed my teeth for 30 minutes after reading this thread.

I am so glad I opened this thread - the one time I can say my Dentist is Great!!!!! OK I have typical crooked Brit teeth but I do not care they are healthy and set for use into my dotage.

I'm 20 as well, and I brush usually twice a day. Everything was fine until I moved here, but now my teeth are basically rotting from the inside out. I have 3 broken teeth, and 6 others that have holes in them. Pieces just fall off...It seems to be something that everybody on BOTH sides of my family suffer from, which is why everybody over the age of 30 has dentures. I don't understand why or how this happens, and I can't afford to have them looked at/fixed, since I don't have the several hundred dollars to see a dentist. Gotta love not having health insurance.

Even though I have really white teeth, I thought my brushing 3 times a day was a little on the bad side. Guess I am doing just fine.

^ Brushing too often is not good actually... something about too much fluoride discolouring and weakening your teeth I think.

Has anybody used these Crest Whitestrips or similar products? I've always been under the impression that they bleach your teeth and mess up the enamel but I've been thinking of maybe trying them out.

Fluoride can discolor teeth when they are forming but it still hardens the teeth.

^ Brushing too often is not good actually... something about too much fluoride discolouring and weakening your teeth I think..

I just follow what my dentist recommends.

^ I think you're fine brushing 3 times a day. My dental assistant told me what I posted above because I told her I'd brush my teeth for like 15-20 minutes a day total.