• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Evolution Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
I thought of posting this in Off Topic, but since religion and Darwin can't always go together, I thought maybe share some of our opinions on this.

www.nwcreation.net (video)

I'll post a reaction later btw, first have to watch the 60min video :)

60 minutes?

fuck that, I'll make it short and sweet.

+1 for evolution here.

It's an interesting video, seen 20min but can't see more now, it amazed me how delicate the solar system is put together. They talk about Darwin and about the Bible, very interesting.

we had a rather lengthy discussion on this. I posted a lot of reasons why Evolution is not really very believable to me. Creation is the best option if you ask me. I'm not really much into debating though. It usually just makes people upset. If people genuinely are interested in what is true, then that's cool, but if they're just in to poking fun at other people's beliefs (whatever they may be), then that sucks if you ask me.

thanks for posting this josty, I'll have to check it out ;)

Yeah Jeffy I followed the other thread but I saw that this video discussed both sides so that's why I wanted to have separate thread so more people would see it.

It's a long vid but it you're interested in knowing more I suggest you read it, maybe it changes your mind, who knows. :)

I Believe in Creation Too, Dont Know man but Anything scientific interests me, I'll Check it out !

:thumbsup: Car Evolution :thumbsup: I Love that Porsche Evolution thingy in Andrew's Sig !!! :thumbsup:

Evolution no doubt. I'm fine with it if someone would tell me that he believes in Creationism. It's just not my cup of tea.

Personally I think that the whole debate is pointless because it boils down to a religious or a scientific approach at the world. Most of us aren't experts on neither topics so it's just a matter of personal feelings not facts.

If you ask me... and well... you didn't... But I see boths sides as concepts. Thats it. They are both concepts of describing what we don't understand.

But yeah... +1 for Evolution.]

EDIT:

Man I am 20 minutes into this film and I have one conclusion: Creationist stands for propaganda maker.

Every turn on this video is people saying... they are wrong... plain and simple ... and then they move on without explaining themselves...

oh this keeps getting worse and worse... some old man just comes on after the testimonies of random people of the street and goes.... seeeeeeee I'm right... this is proof of god... seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

oh man... that was the longest hour of my life..

Everyone on that video sits there and says... here is what we are proposing... its your choice to believe what you want to believe... but if you believe in evolution... YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW WRONG YOU ARE!!! OMGWTFBBQLOL YOU ARE WRONG!!

Hey Leppy I am not trying to offend your way of thought but try thinking it this way,

If there is no God , Fine you can go ahead unbelieving (LOL), sinning (Not Directed), and doing as you please..... But

Just What if He is there, I mean Hell isnt the best of descibed places is it.

Statistically speaking If u spend ur life praying and theres no God, youre not going to lose anything, and if there is ur gonna get rewarded. But if you dont and there is no God, its fine but what if there is, I mean there is no risk in believing but there is a huge 50/50 risk in not believing. And personally I wouldnt take that risk.

Aah, that sounds so conceptual doesnt it !!

If there's a god I just can't picture him beeing as strict as the Bible or the Quaran pictures him. I think he would rather judge you on your behaviour and not by the words some monks or scholars wrote down hundreds of years ago or the times you have prayed to him. When there was need for a certain order for society to work.

You see, that's why I hate such topics. I probably have offended lots of people by saying that they aren't the exact words of god etc. I don't think you can discuss this topic in a reasonable manner on a Internet board.

^^^^^

Well the bible was written by man. Not God. Another thing I didn't like about that doco was the fact it sat there and said that god exists in such a way that it came over patronising. They made it out like you were of feeble mind if you didn't believe what they were telling you.

Also, I am a man who needs proof of things. Its fairly easy to say that there is this all knowing, all seeing being that created everything because look at how complicated everything is. Just because we can't apply a mathematical formula to it, it must be created by God.

and here continues my rambling, Why are we so special? Why do we always think that the human race is the bomb and that we are so special. Just because we can't contemplate the concept of not living after death we make up this place called heaven where we live forever. I think its just the minds survival complex kicking in. We don't want to think that it will all end when we die, therefore we make believe in a situation where we never will.

[/end rant]

I'm jumping onto Leppy's boat with this one. I have posted a fairly complex post about this in one of the other threads, I'll see if I can dig it up and modify it to this thread tomorrow. But for me, evolution has worked the day I was taught it, to me the evidence supporting creationism is weak and it just doesn't add up, no matter what angle you look at it. The facts and theories of evolution seem so much more possible and realistic. I don't believe in the supernatural for one basic reason:

All things are made of atoms, which are governed by a set of rules

Basically, everything that exists has rules that govern them, and there is no way around these rules, so if something happens, it happens due to a rule, not becuase "God" said so. If you got any problems with what I just said, good, PM me about it.

I'm out.

tranceshakeel said:
Hey Leppy I am not trying to offend your way of thought but try thinking it this way,

If there is no God , Fine you can go ahead unbelieving (LOL), sinning (Not Directed), and doing as you please..... But

Just What if He is there, I mean Hell isnt the best of descibed places is it.

Statistically speaking If u spend ur life praying and theres no God, youre not going to lose anything, and if there is ur gonna get rewarded. But if you dont and there is no God, its fine but what if there is, I mean there is no risk in believing but there is a huge 50/50 risk in not believing. And personally I wouldnt take that risk.

Aah, that sounds so conceptual doesnt it !!

If I was to adhere to your way of thinking. I'd be praying just to appease God. Not because I believe He is real. I think that would piss off the all knowing being if I was just covering my ass JUST IN CASE He is real.

I'll throw another one out for evolution. I've got no problem with folks wanting to believe in creation though.

That said...

I do have a problem when folks try to claim it's a science - especially when their "science" tends to consist entirely of trying to disprove evolution, rather than trying to "prove" creation. "See, math says it's bloody unlikely that we'd end up here, and thusly the only other obvious choice is that an omnipotent and ever-present being created us out of a vacuum, then created lots of scientific evidence to try and fool us!" - blah! If a person's faith is so weak that they fear it may crumble at the mere mention of an explanation that can actually be tested in a lab, then I have serious concerns over their ongoing indulgence in such theoretical concepts as gravity, electricity, time, space, radio waves, etc... wouldn't want to go crushing their world-view by turning on a light-switch after all.

And beyond that, if you really think your child would be better off not being tainted by the horrors of high school science, then perhaps you need to just head off to a shack in north dakota. And if you really think the kid will be better off learning religion in school instead of facts and scientific methods, then you should be working on getting a full-on religious studies course taught. And hey, maybe if you're successful, we can get the rest of your curriculum passed - Queer Bashing 101, A.P. Crushing Everyone Who Thinks Different and College Prep Greed and Gluttony for Lipstick-Christians.

And yes, it's a damned rant. And no, I'm not targeting anyone here. I'm just getting rather tired of the dialog in this country that says that the Christians are a poor, oppressed minority. When did faith become something you had to prove to the rest of the world? Last time I checked (and speaking as the son of a Minister) faith was something between you and your god. Instead, we're trending more and more towards the type of fundamentalist theocracy that we pro-port to be fighting against.

And also - Leave Big Bird the fuck alone.

Evolution = Scientific theory that is being built upon and already has alot of evidence to support it.

Creationism = fairytales.

Take your pick ;).

///M said:
Evolution = Scientific theory that is being built upon and already has alot of evidence to support it.

Creationism = fairytales.

Take your pick ;).

I didn't want to offend anyone but that's pretty much how I feel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.