Exclusive Spy Video and Photos: 2006 Bugatti Veyron

bone said:
bartboy9891 said:
it looks amazing, and with Bugatti's history it will be an amazing car as well.

that's the weakest excuse i've ever heard :lol:
:lol: , well the EB110 was a very good car from what i heard. And that has to count for something, and with Audi/VW's help it shouldnt go wrong. Audi has certainly helped Lambo considerably.

The EB110 was a great car (so I have heard) ..but it wasnt a phenomenal success , was it ? It issnt part of every 6yr old's / finalgear forum member 's poster collection , is it ?

I expect the Veyron to be exactly the same . A very good car . But not a phenomenon. :)

I have a model of the eb110, always liked Bugatti, but yeah, you can't really call any of their modern cars Bugatti's...

Anyways, I think the Veyron captures at least the madness part of the old Bugatti's.. and at a million bucks each, they don't really need to sell loads of them to be successful. I think it's a great piece of engineering and a great showcase for Volkswagen (well, when it's finished), creating a 1000bhp car you can run everyday without race-car maintenance necessary. I hope it'll be a success.

You don't call the V12 quad-turbo in the EB110 pure madness???
Bugatti's have always been known to push the envelop when building a car. They do something that hasn't been done before and that is the appeal. The prestige of owning a Bugatti has always been attributed to the mad price as well.

Building a 1000hp road car is just another typical thing Bugatti does. This time, they are using VW's money to design it. All in all, Bugatti hasn't really changed. They just don't do Gran Prix racing anymore . . .

mpulztracker said:
The EB110 was a great car (so I have heard) ..but it wasnt a phenomenal success , was it ? It issnt part of every 6yr old's / finalgear forum member 's poster collection , is it ?

I expect the Veyron to be exactly the same . A very good car . But not a phenomenon. :)

The EB110 wasn't a great success because it appeared in the end of the supercar fever (a little like the Veyron). In a german magazine test, in 93(iirc), the tester was a Mr. M. Schumacher, and he tested all the supercars. In the end, he bought a EB110 SuperSport.

bihus said:
mpulztracker said:

The EB110 wasn't a great success because it appeared in the end of the supercar fever (a little like the Veyron). In a german magazine test, in 93(iirc), the tester was a Mr. M. Schumacher, and he tested all the supercars. In the end, he bought a EB110 SuperSport.

hmmm ...interesting fact , that . Exactly I am not saying EB110 was crap, nor do I expect veyron to be crap either. The last Bugatti mean machine came at the trough of a supercar wave.... I do think Veyron will will make its grand entry at a similar time.... Carrera GT , Enzo, all are the pinnacle of supercar engineering. Just upping the bhp wont turn the tables now would it ? (If you are in the bhp game buy a Supra and mod it ) Only a vastly superior design would make the veyron a phenomenon, which at this point doesnt feel like it is..... 8)