eXeem Public Beta Released

Finally!

Thanks for the news :)

Not all that impressed so far. I mean, it's cool and all, but it's pretty much just eMule but using the BT protocol.

im disappointed...
ive been hoping it was just to spread the torrents... so to use exeem as an new SuprNova...

Kind of cool, I hope they release the "original" version soon.

Its just like P2P, but uses a BitTorrent protocol.

This is what it says on their site.

eXeem? is a brand new Peer-To-Peer program, which is based on the BitTorrent idea. eXeem? eliminates the need for trackers as nodes in the program will be taking their role. eXeem? also features easy publication of files to the network as well as a rating and comments system. eXeem? contains NO SPYWARE. eXeem? is free and is ad-supported. eXeem? is currently still in its beta testing phase, which means that the network might not be completely stable yet. You are still very welcome to give eXeem? a try and see how it is different from other Peer-To-Peer programs.

Its meant to be better than normal P2P

I dont like the idea it's based on. The strength of Bittorent was the decentral design. You had to download from different sites and therefore there were nearly/no infected or fake files floating around. Exeem eliminates all the Bittorrent advances and strenghtens all the p2p weaknesses. I think it's doomed to fail.

I don't see the point in it. The main advantage of BT for me was that the files were moderated, if we've lost that, we've lost the point of BT. Or am I really wrong here?

Yea i agree i really prefer using BitTorrent than this Exeem or any P2P, because you know what you are downloading.
Oh well it was good while it lasted :x