No 56k: Exotics sharing parts with reasonably priced cars

Derek

Is Über
Car(s)
We're finally gonna need a car where we're going.
I came across this on another forum and thought it would be worth crossposting:

The Maserati Gran Turismo shares the tail lights with a Ford Mondeo
800px-Maserati_GranTurismo_rear_20071104.jpg

ford-mondeo-25t-djivy-8.jpg

The side mirrors on your Aston Martin Virage, they're actually from a Citroen CX.
1990-aston-martin-virage-1.jpg

citroen_cx%2025%20gti_1989_125_links%20voor.jpg

The tail lights on an XJ220 are from a Rover 200.
800px-Jaguar_XJ220_rear.JPG

Rover_214_rear_20070902.jpg

The tail lights from a Lotus Esprit came off a Toyota Corolla GT
hologram60.jpg

toyota-trueno-body.jpg

The wing mirrors from a McLaren F1 came off a Corrado.
Glamour.jpg

vw-corrado.jpg

The MG XPower has the headlamps from a Punto.
CARmageddon614.jpg

fiat_punto1200cc2001f34.jpg

The Noble M12 has the tail lights of a Hyundai...something.
v2z8kj.jpg

Some Callaway has the tail lights from an Opel Tigra.
corvette-c12-03.jpg

l_Opel%20Tigra.jpg

Please, do feel free to make your own contribution. I do not know if they are all correct, I'll just use the excuse I didn't come up with them. :p

This thread shares its content with another, older one :p

Edit: Found it

Last edited:
I see what you did there!

I don't think that Mondeo Maserati one is right. The red trim is different. The bottom edge of the forn light is thicker than the rest of the border, while Maserati has an even-widthed border around the whole thing.

I know the Diablo's had 300zx headlights.

i think that the noble from the first post is M400. noble m12 has the rear lights from the mondeo mk1
M12%20GTO-3R%20Rear.jpg

Ford_Mondeo_rear_20080818.jpg

I don't think that Mondeo Maserati one is right. The red trim is different. The bottom edge of the forn light is thicker than the rest of the border, while Maserati has an even-widthed border around the whole thing.

You're kind of missing the joke, many of those 'pairings' don't use identical parts, just ones that are very similar.

You're kind of missing the joke, many of those 'pairings' don't use identical parts, just ones that are very similar.

Gotcha. Some of them are right, I think, or at least plausible enough or similar enough to some in the other thread...

Besides...not much of a "joke" if some of them were real...like the Callaway C12. And the XJ220 did use the lights, but not of the car pictured. See the link in the thread Public posted for many of these.

Last edited:
This thread is lame. How many possible configurations of door mirrors can you possibly have? They're all gonna start looking the same.

How about making a thread that actually shows the exotics that just steal stuff from their parent company's parts bin?

This thread is lame. How many possible configurations of door mirrors can you possibly have? They're all gonna start looking the same.

How about making a thread that actually shows the exotics that just steal stuff from their parent company's parts bin?

http://img208.imageshack.**/img208/4191/astonvolvokey.jpg

My Land Rover has the same power steering fluid reservoir that's used on the Ford GT and I think a few Ferraris. :p

I've used the same gas station as a Carrera GT, and an R8.

Now this is a cool thread. Can't believe the McF1 didn't have bespoke wing mirrors. Almost laughed out loud!

Lamborghini went round to the Nissan factory at night and rummaged through their discarded parts bin for the Diablo;
4944.jpg

Found and pinched some lights from a tree-hunner-zed-ex.
0204tur_01z+1993_nissan_300zx_twin_turbo+left_front_view.jpg

^^Already said that :p