Someone Else's Problem: Extension cords needed - 2015 Model S

I don't like the idea of owning a car that depends on a service network as inept as this seems to be.

Hopefully you'll get your car but this is ridiculous.
This. A gazillion times.
You're much more confident(?) than me, @luokyio

The word you are looking for is "stupidly long patience". I do hope there will not be too much need for the official service center. Even the distance 350 km would be a PITA. Regular maintenace in these is pretty straightforward, brake fluid flush and pollen filter, neither of them require special tools so local shops should be able to perform just fine.

Some update yesterday... Salesman finally replied, service had said there is a starting problem (???), maybe next week fixed...

How hard can it be? It's either air, fuel, or spark. Errrr wait a sec. Spark, spark, or spark?

Still nothing. I actually hope it wont show up before my diagnostic cables I ordered last weekend arrive. I want to run a "scan my Tesla" on it before accepting it. As the Finnish FB group suggested, it probably has stood with empty battery for an extended period of time now and that is really bad for the battery pack. The best case scenario is that this really is the case and delay is caused because they need to replace the whole battery pack and I will get a car with brand new battery. That would actually be great IMO.

It is happening! (maybe)

The latest explanation for delays is that the transporting company managed to leave frunk unlocked during transport, which resulted frunk opening up, smashing the windshield. Yes, I really do wonder why they did not tell me this before I threatened them canceling the deal.

But today I finally got the long-waited message that everything is fixed and replaced now, so they will MOT it tomorrow, and schedule the final delivery. I will go to pick it up myself if I just can get the schedules work. I don't want anyone else anymore screwing things up more. Also I've gotten many offers from enthusiasts on Tesla club of Finland facebook group that they'd be willing to check the car before I seal the deal.

It is happening! (maybe)

The latest explanation for delays is that the transporting company managed to leave frunk unlocked during transport, which resulted frunk opening up, smashing the windshield. Yes, I really do wonder why they did not tell me this before I threatened them canceling the deal.

But today I finally got the long-waited message that everything is fixed and replaced now, so they will MOT it tomorrow, and schedule the final delivery. I will go to pick it up myself if I just can get the schedules work. I don't want anyone else anymore screwing things up more. Also I've gotten many offers from enthusiasts on Tesla club of Finland facebook group that they'd be willing to check the car before I seal the deal.
I bet they didn't want to tell you because now you know where to look for telltale signs of improper/incomplete repair :p

And nothing. Shocker.

Have you considered telling the dealer to go fuck itself...in finnish.

I can be very patient when I need to be but I would've flipped my shit by this point and done exactly that.

For just a shade more than you're paying for this you could have a brand new Model 3 with AWD and essentially the same battery capacity, except it's new so it'll be better.

I can be very patient when I need to be but I would've flipped my shit by this point and done exactly that.

For just a shade more than you're paying for this you could have a brand new Model 3 with AWD and essentially the same battery capacity, except it's new so it'll be better.

And the frunk lid wouldn’t have flown up and smashed the windshield.

With all this delay, I’d cancel it, this is too much.

How much will you take, seriously?

I'm known to be able to take a lot.

I already did last Wednesday. Which resulted in them replying me on Thursday that everything is done now.

Yes and no. I'm getting quite good price for the Merc. For a new Tesla I'd have to sell it privately, as they don't take part-exchanges.

And the frunk lid wouldn’t have flown up and smashed the windshield.

With all this delay, I’d cancel it, this is too much.
I'm having hell of a tight schedule this week so arranging a pickup is actually quite hard, so they'll have pretty much this week time to get their shit together.

I already did last Wednesday. Which resulted in them replying me on Thursday that everything is done now.

This raises an interesting question... is it more effective to curse them out in Finnish or English? Like... does cursing someone out in English carry more weight because "oh man, he's so pissed he's pissed in a different language?" Genuinely curious...

This raises an interesting question... is it more effective to curse them out in Finnish or English? Like... does cursing someone out in English carry more weight because "oh man, he's so pissed he's pissed in a different language?" Genuinely curious...
I will let you know on Friday. They now promised delivery date to be Thursday. If it does not happen, they agreed to cancel without further discussion needed.

As unbelievable it might be, it arrived yesterday! Haven't driven it yet as the weather went to shit, and it only has summer tires. Winter tires should arrive today, but getting them mounted today may be impossible... :(

Couple of issues:

1. It has a brand new UMC (mobile charger), which doesn't have the 400 V 16 A plug as standard. In the original pictures it did have that, so it has gone missing somewhere. Seller agreed to send me the adapter.
  2. Passenger side door handle does not pop out. Will be repaired at seller's expense.

Proof pic'ish?

I specifically asked them to get plates without EU part, but unsurprisingly even that was too much of a task for them :sneaky: Ordered new plates today.

What do you have against the EU? shakes fist :p ;)

So, finally it arrived. I hope you have much fun with it to make the long waiting worth it. :)

You never said where you bought the car, but I spotted the plate holder. I'll think twice before doing business with these guys, it looks like they are a bit up over their heads.

So nice you finally got the car.

Got the winter tires today so first 50 km driven. Hooooly crap. If a poor man's version pulls like this, I cannot even imagine what the ludacrious does. Pulls your face off? Absolutely loving to drive this thing! My daughter said she almost peed her pants after the first proper acceleration. :ROFLMAO:

What do you have against the EU? shakes fist:p;)

So, finally it arrived. I hope you have much fun with it to make the long waiting worth it. :)
I just think the basic black and white plate is so much better especially on a black car. Not really a case of hating EU :)

You never said where you bought the car, but I spotted the plate holder. I'll think twice before doing business with these guys, it looks like they are a bit up over their heads.

So nice you finally got the car.
Make it ten times if that is needed to get you not to buy from them.