Ownership Verified: EyeMWing bought a sensible car?

A very fast FWD hatchback, if reviews are to be believed.

The "better than a Golf GTI because it's not a VW" fast hatchback. Among many, like the Focus ST and such.

Running list of bits I'm not terribly fond of and what I can do about it:

- Lack of fog lights. I don't need them, but the spaces are there, but the lack looks a bit pov-spec. Could either add them in (they're dealer-installed, so there's an OE parts kit), or go the to OE STI panels for that location (which lack fogs), or assorted aftermarket options in that genre.

- If adding front fogs... There's a JDM rear fog, and the space for it on the rear bumper looks awful lonely.

- Lack of push to start. Here I was hoping I could fix that because someone had done a retrofit kit for the BRZ... Well... Uh. No.

- Power delivery is... Kinda 'bumpy'. Probably a stock tune issue.

- Need an atmospheric venting BOV, damnit!

Push to start is easy to get used to. I was kicking tires this summer and came across an otherwise very nicely specced E class that didn't have it. Twisting a key to start felt stone-age. Especially when doing so while sitting in orthopedic leather seats with a zillion adjustments.

How well does that work with a MAF? :p

It's way too early in the morning for this shit

Attachments

• PXL_20201003_112839414.jpg
    PXL_20201003_112839414.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 113
So this car is not getting a honeymoon, eh?

Antisocial use of parking lot day, but same thing.

Death toll:
- Front right fog panel isn't snapping in right anymore
- TPMS is stuck triggered (I may have rolled over onto the tire sidewall so hard a sensor got crushed?
- Sunburn (on the side of my head that WASN'T facing into the sun!?)
- Need another *$&! covid test in a week or so because fuck me nobody in pennsylvania wears a goddamned mask even when they're told explicitly otherwise. You can wear one for 12 hours just damned fine.
- Helmet. It's timed out at the end of the year and one of the screws attaching the visor has gone walkies.

STOP MAKING ME STICK THINGS UP MY NOSE.

Scoring pending.
I got video, will run through it tomorrow. It was ye olde gopro on the side of my helmet (I literally couldn't find any of my fixed mounts), I'm hoping you can see something past the enormous rear view mirror.

First run was a 67s. Improved across the morning to 60. The majority of the regular drivers regardless of car were down in the 45s.

I ultimately got down into the mid 50s once I figured out the traction control is better than I am and stopped turning it off ? and started working out how to work with it rather than just letting it catch me when i fucked up.

Official times:
AM Run 1: 64.971
AM Run 2: 64.269+1 cone
AM Run 3: 60.224
AM Run 4: 61.992
<Break for an interminably long 1130AM-230PM shift chasing cones, literally a 5 minute lunch break and then another 1.5hr cone chasing shift during which I had the brilliant idea to position myself to cover the opening not-chicane because there are trees there. Only thing that happened was some motherfucker hit the FIRST CONE on the damned course, which was a pain in the ass because I had figured that to be impossible>
PM Run 1: 60.036
PM Run 2: 58.323
PM Run 3: 57.919+1 cone

YouTube is gonna be chewing on the video until morning, probably. Because some genius screwed up the first upload/render...

Last edited:
The "better than a Golf GTI because it's not a VW" fast hatchback. Among many, like the Focus ST and such.

It's not better because it's not a VW, it's better because it's better. Europe's i30N definitely is.

Left in the pre-roll for run 6 (around 7:38) so you can see the majesty of a '68 Charger actually being used.

Like, no, really. If anyone wants a base trim WRX, like 12k miles, clean title, ping me. Special FinalGear pricing is in effect.