F-150 Lightning - EV

I was hit with a paywall. Posting a story below about the engineer.

Didn't get hit with the paywall. Does it work if you put eu in front of it?

Many paywall stories get reposted to MSN

After the outcry Tesla's Cybertruck got for it's unconventional design, I understand why they stayed conservative with the design...but...man...that's duuuuull, even for just a trim package for an existing vehicle.

nono, this is good if you want widespread adoption. it means there's less barriers to it. After all, it is just an F-Series

edit: OK, not gonna lie...I adore the "mega frunk". A pickup with secured storage space? Yes please.

1621478243358.png

nono, this is good if you want widespread adoption. it means there's less barriers to it. After all, it is just an F-Series

I disagree, this is an excellent step in the electric pickup direction. Don't make it look like a trendy car for the sake of the power train like so many others have done. If you can fit the batteries in without major visual changes, perfect. I bet having the batteries between the frame like that will cut down on some road noise as well being a natural barrier to road noise reflections against the body.

I get that, and agree, but IMO this is even more boring than the standard F-150...but I get at least why the front is less open...I hadn't yet seen the storage behind it.

Last edited:
After the outcry Tesla's Cybertruck got for it's unconventional design, I understand why they stayed conservative with the design...but...man...that's duuuuull, even for just a trim package for an existing vehicle.

I disagree, this is an excellent step in the electric pickup direction. Don't make it look like a trendy car for the sake of the power train like so many others have done. If you can fit the batteries in without major visual changes, perfect. I bet having the batteries between the frame like that will cut down on some road noise as well being a natural barrier to road noise reflections against the body.

So, I have to do this because It's me.

Untitled.png

We're being sold on this being super fast like a "bullet train" You can't even get B roll of the US's high speed train? Your truck is all American, rah rah rah, 'murica, and then you show, not even a recent ICE train, but an older one?

Last edited:
but an ancient one?
FTFY :D

The frunk on this is actually a great idea! If the space is there anyway and combined with the fact that the truck bed is open, this is actually very smartly done imo. range good. price ok (to be seen i guess, too much dependant on actual spec). tow rating good (i assume?). release ealry 2022... ok. i am actually quite positively surprised by this.

I wonder how much the conservative design also allows for parts-sharing with the other F-150s, which helps drive the price down..

That said, I have a friend who is younger than I and has a deposit down on the Cybertruck. I asked him if the F-150 Lightning has caught his eye, and he said that he wants a Cybertruck specifically because it doesn't look like a normal pickup, until the Ford and the Rivian.

That said, I have a friend who is younger than I and has a deposit down on the Cybertruck. I asked him if the F-150 Lightning has caught his eye, and he said that he wants a Cybertruck specifically because it doesn't look like a normal pickup, until the Ford and the Rivian.
Options being available both for your friend, and for the crowd that's used to and wants the more traditional design is a very good thing imho :)