F-secure Internet Security 2007

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Okay i would like to know if anyone on here has had any experience with this package

i read a review in a PC mag and it was recommended, so i downloaded the 30 day trial. i had to uninstall Zonealarm to get it to install, and i removed the startup key for AVG so it doesn't clash on startup, and it installed fine.

restarting the computer, i instantly got a BSOD. i tried restarting again and the same thing happened, this time though i got a message from the Gainward Expertool i have for my GFX saying the core clock needed to be reset due to an error. before i could click anything it had restarted again. started it in safe mode and uninstalled F-secure, which fixed the porblem and let me run the PC as normal. does this sound like a clash with AVG or with my Nvidia card? i can't work it out but AVG free is rubbish and i still get lots of spyware and trojan alerts...:mad: F-secure is only ?40 for the whole package which sounds very good, but i don't want software i can't use...

thanks,
Matt

I'd say that if it's giving you that much trouble with the trial, that company doesn't deserve your money. Just my $0.02.

I had the previous version (note the 'had')
It was slow, didn't work with zonealarm (as this one apparently) and if you wanted it to check for viruses it was only checking a small amount of files, you had to manually tell it to check all filetypes, the automatic updates didn't work properly it would just stay at 0% untill you clicked it and told it to update. :rolleyes:
NOD32 ftw

There, fixed it.

Norton is the worst ressource hog I know. I rather have a virus than that POS on my system.

Granted I agree with you now. I bought the all new Norton 360 last week and it's absolute rubbish, my computer is working sloooooooowly these days. Norton Systemworks on the otherhand is fantastic, I'll have to see if I can hunt one down still.

I just had to buy an antivirussoftware because my license on the Norton had expired a long time ago already and my hard drive was beginning to be in quite a bad shape. Now all the unwanted guests are gone, but the 360 itself eats up all the power. Rather annoying.

NOD32 ftw

looking at NOD32. i really hate AVG and i want something to replace it. it just doesn't fix problems. i get at least one trojan alert a day, and i can tell when it hasn't fixed a problem, because half of my tray software won't start.

for ?27.99 i can get the full NOD32 package, which looks good

think i might go all the way and get NOD32, a better version of zonealarm (not free like i have now) and an eSATA external drive with Norton ghost (or something similar)

Paid antivirus = NOD32
Free antivirus = Antivir, or some say Avast......but I prefer Antivir

I'll agree with you on NOD32, went from Norton AV 2005 due to resource hogging and high annual upgrade cost.

On friends and family PCs who don't want to pay I normally install Avast, I've had no problems with it at all, updates are small enough for dial up too (hate the UI though)

NOD32 + Free sunbelt kerio personal firewall FTW

I'll agree with you on NOD32, went from Norton AV 2005 due to resource hogging and high annual upgrade cost.

On friends and family PCs who don't want to pay I normally install Avast, I've had no problems with it at all, updates are small enough for dial up too (hate the UI though)

NOD32 + Free sunbelt kerio personal firewall FTW

Kerio is crap.
The best free firewall is ZA. :)
I use AVG Free and ZoneAlarm... I have no problems... hope it stays that way =D

Nod32 for me too!

Kaspersky & Antivir are both very good products too.

All depends on how much you want to pay for your Anti-Virus.

Kerio is crap.
The best free firewall is ZA. :)
I use AVG Free and ZoneAlarm... I have no problems... hope it stays that way =D

i use the same, and i have no end of problems. i keep getting trojan messages that AVG won't clear up, i get spyware all the time, which spybot won't clear up and neither will Ad-aware. satrting to really annoy me :mad:

i like AVG and it worked fine before, but i get lots of problems now

you could buy a mac, costs me $0 a year for AV software, has for the last 13 years!

that's pretty impressive, but i think i'll stick with my PC for now. i couldn't face going into a shop and actually buying a mac mini.schools use them here. SCHOOLS! oh, the shame of it all...

Last edited: