F1 2005

Hazardous said:
They get to change engines now(unlike from Michael Schumacher and Nick Heidfeld, since their engines were changed prior to Malaysia.

so they have to change it every 2 races from where the last engine was changed... I thought it was all pre-determined when they are allowed to change their engines... e.g. in Bahrain, every gets to change their engines no matter what

^ No I don't think so Andy, I think the engine has to last two races regardless of what race it starts on, but I'm not sure.

tskhdawson is correct. Engines must last 2 races, regardless of venue. Cars/drivers changing engines prior to the completion of the 2 race minimum will incur a ten position downgrade penalty on the starting grid.

Can't wait to watch the Bahrain GP and see if Ferrari's New F2005 car will be reliable. The car is fast as seen on testing but will it be immune to breakdowns?
Similarly, will it be able to preserve the tires better for it to last the entire race?
Ferrari has already indicated they will race the new car in Bahrain.

It's really looking like a Renault year so far. Finally, after spending so much money, it's good to see Totota finally becoming competitive.

monoposto

Michael Schumacher is impressed with the F2005. I think he might do well in the race.

I like the new rules, at least there will be competition and we will have to wait till the end to see who wins.

Hopefully they push it over the limit and a Ferrari engine blows up. That would a sight. :roll:

the new rules have been great for making the teams build a good car for all conditions, just not new tyres, it also puts a good twist with fuel loads. I love it.

When was the last time a Ferrari suffered any sort of mechanical failure?

^thats because everytime, they spend millions of dollars in testing and they do lots of R&D before releasing it and they usually take their time, this time they are in a hurry and I believe they didn't finish their testing for the new car

CanadianLoonie said:

Didn't Barrichello have a mechanical failure just now in the Malaysian GP? Anyway, those engines haven't blown up even once in the last decade or something like that.

they're in trouble if they dont sort out their Bridgestones first though.

CamoN said:
CanadianLoonie said:

Didn't Barrichello have a mechanical failure just now in the Malaysian GP? Anyway, those engines haven't blown up even once in the last decade or something like that.

No, he retired because a piece of rubber (maybe from Kimi's blown tire?) got caught in his rear wing, which disturbed his rear aerodynamics which caused excessive tire wear on the rear tires. So he ended up running the rear tires to near slicks and had next to no grip and was understeering badly.

I personally think Ferrari has done enough tests with the F2005 thats why it has not been used.

Toyota now have better drivers. lets see if they can show any potential with the car.

CamoN said:
CanadianLoonie said:

well a Ferrari engine expired in the 2000 French GP. and i think MS also retired from the 2001 San Marino GP.

i havent been keeping up with some of the races but AFAIK mike schumacher isnt doing that will this year...

^^ that pic is awesome

Ferrari doesn't have the winning package right now. It just a statistical fact. No matter how good you are, you can't win all the races year after year.

Back to rules topic, am I the only one that thinks F1 has become something of a parody with all the weird new rules? For me, F1 is supposed to be all-out science and pushing innovations.. and now that it has come this far, may be the whole concept of the series has become obsolete?

The new pitstop rules may make the races more 'fair' but they seem very artificial to me.

Man they are making more and more restrictions in the game.. they are taking all the fun out of the game...

I hope Raikkonen wins this year... it is impossible for Michael now :( too bad, next year we shall be victorious ... Ferrari Forever..