F1: Bahrain

That race was fabulous. Both Kimi and Nico made fabulous drives from the back of the pack, and they were highly entertaining to watch. It's great to see Ferrari and Michael back up there, and it seems like the top three teams are very closely matched. And neither Honda nor Williams are far behind them. In fact, I recon Button, Barrichello and even Rosberg will challenge for a race win at least once during this season.

Second drivers were disappointing in general. Massa lost his chances for a rookie mistake(or a brake failure, which would not surprise me at all), Fisichella had technical problems(when will the guy have some luck!) and Barrichello had gearbox problems. Montoya and Webber were just also-rans, which is disappointing considering their teammates performances. But the biggest disappointment of them all was Toyota. The richest team of the grid, and they were waay behind the other manufacturers, apart from BMW who happened to suffer from bad luck.

I find it impressive that Super Aguri even made it to the grid, and considering their car is mostly a four-year old Arrows their effort was not that bad. Although I didn't see Ide's pit incident.

Nothing good comes without any bad, though. The new qualification system is appauling.

But the biggest disappointment of them all was Toyota. The richest team of the grid

That's the funnest part about seeing toyota fail. having them throw so much money only to be pretty bad

Nothing good comes without any bad, though. The new qualification system is appauling.

the system is good, very entertaining. The first two sections showed that they've really got to have their wits about them incase something like what happened to raikonnen happens again.

the third sector..... well that just adds to the strategy on race day. All of those in the top ten were on two stops - so it seems. Everyone else played it differently, and made it good - look at kimi.

I'll call it now.. Rosberg has a championship win in him in the future.. whoever signs him down the line is gonna be lucky

Really impressed by Rosberg, and Button was just some good luck away from a podium finish. Overall it was a great race weekend, I like the new qualifying thingy too, was more exciting to watch then before.

One thing I remembered / though of about the Bahrain race when looking at the practise this morning was Schumis throttle control.

When he and Alonso were driving back to back and they shower the throttel and brake usage how friggin impressive was Schumi compared to Alonso??

Alonso was either on or off the throttle all the time. But Schumi was matching his revs on all the downshifts and constantly adjusting the throttle. I was hugely impressed by his skills at that point!!

mmap said:
One thing I remembered / though of about the Bahrain race when looking at the practise this morning was Schumis throttle control.

When he and Alonso were driving back to back and they shower the throttel and brake usage how friggin impressive was Schumi compared to Alonso??

Alonso was either on or off the throttle all the time. But Schumi was matching his revs on all the downshifts and constantly adjusting the throttle. I was hugely impressed by his skills at that point!!

Yep, I remember that too, Schumy is a great driver.

Yea, I can remember seeing that alonso never braked and applied throttle at the same time, whilst schuey was constantly blipping for gearchanges etc. Alonso's style seemed to work though, he won!

Greatgraddage said:
Yea, I can remember seeing that alonso never braked and applied throttle at the same time, whilst schuey was constantly blipping for gearchanges etc. Alonso's style seemed to work though, he won!

Yes but, two things came to mind. Just how much better was Renault as a car, since Alonso could drive it like that? And just how much fitter Schumi is. He was constantly working like a madman, adjusting the brake balance into every corner, blipping the throttle etc. and came out "shower fresh" where as Alonso was soaking wet...

mmap said:

Alonso can do that because the Renault car can accelerate like nothing else. Put him in a Ferrari or a car with more top end, then we'll see what's up.

^^ That was kinda my point in the previous post, the renault is obviously the better car, seeing as it can be driven in a much easier way...

And I indeed would like to see all the top men in identical cars, now that would be nice (BUT please for the love of god, do not bring Nascar in here)

mmap said:
^^ That was kinda my point in the previous post, the renault is obviously the better car, seeing as it can be driven in a much easier way...

And I indeed would like to see all the top men in identical cars, now that would be nice (BUT please for the love of god, do not bring Nascar in here)

Having them in identical cars would be kinda boring. ie: A1 GP

^^ Sadly true.
But at least for a small promotional thingy. Like one race etc... Please? pwetty please?? :p

I know it'll never happen, but would be nice nevertheless