F1 drivers' cars

Fredstar

Car(s)
02 Holden Barina XC
I really wanna kno wot cars do F1 drivers have, i know Kimi Raikkonen used to have a CLK DTM AMG Cabrio and now he has a custom-made bike and a Ferrari Enzo

kimis_motorbike_003.jpg

Anybody kno wot other F1 drivers have?

My understanding is that Kimi doesnt own Enzo. He has been seen driving Enzo but I think it was his neighbour/friend's car. Exact story was in finnish tabloid, I just cant remember it anymore.

There are a few Top Gear episodes with F1 drivers as guests. Most of them, I think, are asked what cars they own and drive. I think Damon Hill drives some rubbish slow-poke hatchback :p

there was a feature in F1 racing a while back....

Rosbergs got an S6 I think, everyone else has manufacturer's cars apart from red bull guys, williams and some of the indies

epp_b said:
There are a few Top Gear episodes with F1 drivers as guests. Most of them, I think, are asked what cars they own and drive. I think Damon Hill drives some rubbish slow-poke hatchback :p

I remember that episode, Damon has an Audi A3. Jenson Button mentioned somewhere that he drives a NSX and another "cabriolet" car of some kind.
trionic, u sure its not a gift from Ferrari for signing the contract? a photographer said the Enzo and the bike was found in Kimi's garage at the back of the McLaren garage at the Italian GP (obviously not the same garage as the photo) but then again, it could just be crap bein stired up by a photographer or reporter...

I can remember reading a while back the Schumacher had a 575M, not sure though.

schuey has his FXX of course :thumbsup:

(just not necesasrily on the road as such :D

trionic said:
My understanding is that Kimi doesnt own Enzo. He has been seen driving Enzo but I think it was his neighbour/friend's car. Exact story was in finnish tabloid, I just cant remember it anymore.
He does own it. I remember danish racing driver Nicolas Kiesa said on danish tv that he'd been visiting Kimi the week before the Italian Grand Prix, and they'd walked out to the garage and Kimi had shown him his newest toy. Kiesa then said it could be a possible hint as to where Kimi is going next year - turns out he was right :p

Re: F1 drivers' cars

Fredstar said:
I really wanna kno wot cars do F1 drivers have, i know Kimi Raikkonen used to have a CLK DTM AMG Cabrio and now he has a custom-made bike and a Ferrari Enzo

kimis_motorbike_003.jpg

Anybody kno wot other F1 drivers have?
http://www.walz-hardcore-cycles.com/englisch/index.html

those bikes are completely mad:

http://img217.imageshack.**/img217/9536/01zm9.jpg

I can confirm that Damon Hill drives a very boring car....a VW Golf 1.6! LOL He was bizzarely at a Kart race I did the other month with his son and they drove off in a bog standard Mk5 Golf. I can see why in many ways. Not much is going to compare to an F1 car. You'll find that most of the drivers want a car to be functional and don't really care about the whole posing thing. I mean...they're hardly going to drive it for the thrill are they as it'd be like a normal driver getting into a Kia Sorento or something!

Yeah, I think Damon Hill said exactly what you said when he was on Top Gear... that nothing was going to an F1 car anyway.

well, he does own P1 International so he can get a dose of speed wheneva he wants anyway

stuntfreak said:
i think all drivers get their manafacturs team road cars :lol:

Not only that, but I think they're also obliged under contract not to be seen in a competitor's car. Like Alonso can't be seen driving an Enzo for example. That's the only part that driving for Renault sucks. While your buddies are cruising around in an Enzo, SLR, or in an NSX, you're stuck with a Megane :lol:

POWERRR!! said:
stuntfreak said:

Not only that, but I think they're also obliged under contract not to be seen in a competitor's car. Like Alonso can't be seen driving an Enzo for example. That's the only part that driving for Renault sucks. While your buddies are cruising around in an Enzo, SLR, or in an NSX, you're stuck with a Megane :lol:

maybe thats why he switched to McLaren so early in the season ;) tired of driving around in Megane's and Clio's, although he probably likes the clios for everyday run around :)

The_Clincher said:
POWERRR!! said:
stuntfreak said:

maybe thats why he switched to McLaren so early in the season ;) tired of driving around in Megane's and Clio's, although he probably likes the clios for everyday run around :)

Maybe true :lol: :lol:

Well....Lewis has had most of his racing career paid for by McLaren, so it's no surprise he has a Merc product :) At the end of the day, an F1 driver is a walking advertisment for their team, so you can only assume they'll drive, or at least always be seen, in their teams assosiated road product. I think DC used to drive a FourTwo....although I highly doubt he'll drive one of those RedBull Minis or Beetles now :p