F1 - Europe Grand Prix - N?rburgring

jensked

Man, i really enjoyed the race yesterday.

As a ferrari-fan I thought it was a shame what happened with Michael Schumacher on the first corner. If he hadn't been blocked by the other cars, it might have been a different race.

And two thumbs up for Raikkonen and Alonso for their driving. But I think it was supid that McLaren didn't urge Raikkonen to back off. It was obvious his car was ailing. It would have been no problem for him to drive slower and still finish with at least some points.

It's a pity he didn't win. Now Alonso gets even more points. It would have been more exiting to have someone else get close to him.

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/3105/738.html

I think it was a good way for Kimi to go. It would have been rather stupid if he would have had to drive with a flat tyre and everybody would have just overtaken him. Now there was a big and honest bang and crash. That's the way to go.

jensked said:
he only had 1 round to go...i don't think even if he slowed down he wouldn't have taken points.
Yes, but the tyre also could have lasted... It was a risk worth taking. IMO, of course.

Lederlieber said:
jensked said:
he only had 1 round to go...i don't think even if he slowed down he wouldn't have taken points.
Yes, but the tyre also could have lasted... It was a risk worth taking. IMO, of course.

Yeah, the bigger problem is that higher the speed, bigger the vibration... If he passed the main straight, he'd probably be able to finish...

It was a risk worth taking but this season is going to be queer because of the way the points work. A win should get you alot more points than second place IMO.

Now if raikkonen wins every race left in the WHOLE SEASON (which wont happen) Alonso can finnish 2nd and 3rd and still win the championship, Just because of the 4 he's won already.

Im taking nothing away from Alonso, He won them with great driving and tactical decisions but unless renault have a bad run of races where alonso gets no points its going to be so so hard for mclaren to catch up even if they're winning every race.

I think the points system should be this.

1st 10 points
2nd 6 points
3rd 5 points
4th 4 points
5th 3 points
6th 2 points
7th 1 point

I know why the points system is like it is, Its because it rewards consistancy but id sooner it reward a driver who goes all out to win every GP, Alonso probably now has a mindset of top 3, Raikkonen obviously wants 1st place from now on, But if Raikkonen was taking 4 points of Alonso for everytime he came 1st, Alonso might attack much more to take 1st position off him and make it overall more exciting! :D

well, it should be:

as with most motorsports tbh - and also, there should be a point for pole. BRING BACK SESSION QUALIFYING DAMMIT!!!

Good idea about the pole point, I never thought or heard that one before but its a great idea.

Qualifing is so so queer, Race fuel is ok, But i think they should be able to change tires once in the GP. Look at what happened when kimi locked up a few times, The tire explodes so all your going to get is drivers driving carefully because in F1, 90% of the time the only way to overtake is to outbrake going into a corner which usually means = locked up tires. They wont do that anymore because the drivers know their tires aint gonna last if they lockup more than once or twice.

Damn it, it sucks trying to catch European rounds of the season here on the west coast of North America.

I woke up on Sunday morning and did not know the race would be replayed in the morning instead of the evening as usual on SpeedTV. So I caught the race 5 laps in and missed whatever happened at the start. And being the only start I missed all season and something interesting happened. :yucky:

I like the idea of getting a point for pole, I also like the idea they use in BTCC where you get a point if you get the fastest lap of the race.

Poor Kimi eh?

Skett said:
I like the idea of getting a point for pole, I also like the idea they use in BTCC where you get a point if you get the fastest lap of the race.

Yea, fastest lap is an awesome idea.

speed freek said:
I think the points system should be this.

1st 10 points
2nd 6 points
3rd 5 points
4th 4 points
5th 3 points
6th 2 points
7th 1 point
But the the guy who wins a few races will dominate the season. We don't want that Schumi-hegemony back.

The new system is quite good, but I think it would be a lot more interesting when they gave points like this:
1st: 10 points
2nd: 9 points
3rd: 8 points
10th: 1 points

Then we could have a very exciting season, IMO.

Before the season started, I thought it was a good idea to not have any tire changes. It would lower the cornering speeds, increase safety and bring out the best drivers who can save their tires during the race, and still be fast. But now it has shown it's dark side.

It doesn't actually increase safety, because a larger number of laps is driven with badly worn out tires, and the risk of making mistakes and going off the track is linked straight to the condition of the tires. I hope they re-evaluate the rules. Again.

the tyre rule is not the fault for Kimi's accident. Its Kimis fault. he flat spotted his tyre 3 times. which created a very strong vibration, and due to this vibration the suspension broke.

The rule is the same for everybody. what differs is the wat the teams interpret it. Michelin make tyres that are good in qualifying but loses speed in the race. Bridgestone went the other way, bad performance in qualifying and good race pace.