F1 Game #2 - Guess the car

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
(Same concept as the previous one, idea again stolen from the Pitpass forum :lol:)

OK, so we saw how everyone did guessing World Championship races, now it's time to see how everyone does at guessing a F1 car. Questions can be asked about both the car and its constructor, BUT you must clearly state in your question if it is about the car itself or its constructor.

Points system will be the pre-1990 F1 system. We will have a 16-round game, the points system will be 9-6-4-3-2-1 with only the best 11 results counting (this is in an effort to help the ones that can't keep up all day with the game).

The questions must be able to be answered with a YES or a NO. Any question I answer with a YES means 2 points, any question with a NO 1 point. Guessing the car means 7 points, a wrong guess menas a deduction of 2 points, as is changing a question. If you see that someone, in a freak occurence, has asked the same question as you at around the same time, quote your post in the modified question and delete the original one.

Tomorrow I shall kick off the testing round, to re-familiarize everyone with the concept.

Good luck everyone!:mrgreen:

P.S. If you wrong-guess a Ferrari, you'll be penalized 15 points in all scoreboards. :p (just joking, of course)

Last edited:
OK, I've picked the car and I've decided to bring the start of the test round forward. So...

There's the man with the green flag...

Red lights are on...

The green, and it's GO!

Is the car equipped with traction control?

Is the car naturally aspirated?

Did it have any good drivers?

Was the car a chick magnet?

Scoreboard so far:

Peter3hg 2
matt2000 2 (a bit ambiguous as a question, but anyway...)
rx7_ted 1.5
chitownjeff 1
THE REAL STIG 1
pfrocker 0 (this kind of question is not allowed)

And so far we know that this car:

-was driven by a good driver a.k.a. a man who was World Champion
- did have 6 wheels, but was never raced with 6 wheels (meaning the 1.5 pts for the question)
- is a naturally-aspirated car
- is not red
- never had any other form of traction control except the driver's right foot

Tyrrell P34?

Peter3hg got it right.

The Williams FW07, driven, throughout its life, by Alan Jones, Clay Regazzoni, Carlos Reutemann, Keke Rosberg and (for one race only) Mario Andretti. Cosworth DFV engine, the FW07E (or D, it is still unknown) spec was a 6-wheeler, and it ended up being used over 4 seasons.

Scoreboard:

Peter3hg 5
matt2000 2
rx7_ted 1.5
chitownjeff 1
pfrocker 0
THE REAL STIG -1
Hazardous -2
Gman333-x-Ferrari -2

Testing round is over.