F1 Game #2 - Guess the car

gti138 looks set to extend his series lead, but it's still a mighty battle for the lead...

gti138 4
Hazardous 4
Gman333-x-Ferrari 3
Necx0 3
Joc? 2
Steve Levin 2
AnGuRuSO 2

So far then we know that this car:

was British,
had a 12-cylinder engine,
carried tobacco advertising,
ran with slick tires,
ran with wings,
was not driven by a German,
did not have any orange paint on the livery,
was a race-winning car,
did not use active suspension,
was not sponsored by the French oil company Elf or any other company with Elf in its name,
used Goodyear tires,

and we know that this team

still exists in F1 to this day.

Last edited:
Did it win more than 5 races?

Was black one of the major livery colours?

McLaren MP4/7A

MP4/7A it is indeed.

McLaren_MP4-7_front_view_Honda_Collection_Hall.jpg

The last McLaren car to be powered by a Honda engine, the car that gave Gerhard Berger two of his three wins for McLaren, and the car which never really managed to contain the Williams FW14B steamroller, and was under constant threat by the plucky Benettons driven by Schuey and Martin Brundle. This car also marked the end of the Ayrton Senna - Honda partnership in F1.

How on earth does that NOT have any orange paint on the livery? It's white and orange...(That's not red btw)

It's Marlboro red. And the other place where orange might have been found was the Shell logo, but that's red and yellow.

It's no use arguing with the Stewards of the meeting.

Last edited:
...I guess...but I see that as very orange on the car, but you're right on the cigarettes it is red...

Yeh sorry Vikirad but thats pure rubbish. That is orange.....you can call it purple all you want but that is orange. I would never have guessed that car given the no orange clue.

It seems vikirad's decision has been appealed...:p

I always think of the Marlboro McLaren cars as red and white (that's why I thought about McLaren even when you said that it's livery doesn't include orange), but yeah, I think it's supposed to be orange.

Pffftttt just because you guessed (almost) right!!! :p

Appeal rejected. :p It's a more fluorescent shade of red, that's why it seems to be orange, and also, the drivers wear the same colours on their overalls, and the 1992 McLaren driver overalls were red. It's not crimson Ferrari red, but it's still a lot closer to red than to orange.