F1 : Germany

Looks like Shumi is on his way to winning the title again :lol:
I don't see Renault with much of a rebuttal. Mclaren, thanks for screwing Kimi again, you can't change a tire?? :x
Mercedes-Benz had better purchase their own team if they want to win the championship again.

Ferrari will be unstoppable next year with Shumi, Kimi and Bridgestone. 8)

UMass said:
Ferrari will be unstoppable next year with Shumi, Kimi and Bridgestone. 8)

If Kimi actually ends up going...

I have more doubts then ever now because I just read an interview where JT was saying how close he got to Massa and how good of friends they have become.

There were rumours / news reported here that Ferrari has already been paying Kimi this season to ensure he doesn't sign with anyone else (5million euros...)

Good win for Schumacher. :thumbsup:

Was a pretty good race overall, it's a shame that Webber suffered from reliability issues again.

As for Massa and Ferrari, I think on his form in the past few races he deserves to stay with Ferrari in 2007. If not I wouldn't mind seeing Webber at Ferrari :p not that I expect that to happen.

As for Webber in 2007, the rumours of him going to Renault are still flying around it's a posibility for sure, but I think he will stay with Williams now that they will be using Toyota engines from 2007 onwards.

iTV mentioned during the race that Renault may be allowed to use their mass dampner system again next race, go FIA...

Devon said:
As for Massa and Ferrari, I think on his form in the past few races he deserves to stay with Ferrari in 2007.

I agree. He has been right up there supporting the team leader as much as he can although e wasn't able to claim second at France. It was been his goal to be at Ferrari and if this keeps up, they might think about keeping him...maybe.

Also, this might keep Schumacher going for another season. If so, he might be able to claim 100 wins. Insane figures...

I thought Renault displaying their blistered tires to the media was not smart. I know Michelin will withdraw from F1 for now but have some class! Ferrari and Bridgestone never did this last year with their crappy season! Can't stand to see French fighting French.

That pit stop error could be worse for Kimi. You guys remember what happened at San Marino with Button's pit stop? The lollipop guy lifted the lollipop while the fuel guys had trouble with the hose!

matt_shaw said:
What do you guys think of Rosberg? He was showing promise early in the season, but now he just keeps making stupid mistakes.

Well, he is in a tricky predicament at the moment. The Cosworth engine has lost it's competitiveness over the season, which means the pressure is on drivers to do as much as they can with their equipment. As a team Williams is a big name which is expected to do well and Nico also has his own surname which raises expectations. And on top of all this, his teammate is coping remarkably well with the pressure and making stellar drives race by race.

Nico showed remarkable speed early in the year but one has to remember that he has very little experience from big formulae so far, two years ago he was still in F3. He is a rookie, and under the pressure wants to drive faster than he can. This results in a lot of mistakes. Now he needs to calm down and start finishing those races and gaining as much experience as he can, even if that would mean being slower than Mark.

Devon said:
As for Massa and Ferrari, I think on his form in the past few races he deserves to stay with Ferrari in 2007.

I agree. It'd be an uncool move for Ferrari to chuck Massa away like leftovers after the end of this season. Massa to me, is this year's biggest surprise. I really expected him to perform poorly. I thought he'd be lucky to even score points in a race. But wow! He has really proven himself recently and he really does deserve a longer term Ferrari contract.

So does the car make the man? Massa was mediocre at best in a Sauber, but look at him now in a Ferrari. It makes me believe that someone like, lets say, Tiago Monteiro could be world champion if only given the proper car! What do you think?

I think Massa had a lot of potential really, he did some pretty impressive runs with that 'ol Sauber.

As far as an ideal situation goes, mine plays out like this:

Schumacher and Raikkonen team up for '07, Massa gets put back on testing duty for the year, then Schumacher retires at the end of '07 and Massa scores the second seat at Ferrari once more with Raikkonen.

About as likely as an elephant breeding with a frog, but hey...

mark webber deserves an award for the best driver that can never finish a race. he always gets stuck with rubbish cars with unwhelming engines from cosworth

however i was watching speed's coverage and they say its partly frank williams fault that the williams are unreliable b/c the williams uses rigid wires whereas everyone else uses flexible wires in their cars. frank is insistant that the rigid wires are lighter and thus better but they seem to always break. the speed guys made a good pt that it doesnt matter that the car is fast if it cant finish the race.

i think ferraris turnaround has something to do with the new bridgestone "SUPERrubber" whatever that is, and theres no testing for the next few races, michilin must be going "oh ****, we are in quite a fix."

It is Shumi that makes Ferrari go not Massa, Rubens, Irvine, etc.. Shumi motivates the team as they know if they give him a competive car they will win the championship. Massa is lucky to drive for Ferrari. He is already getting a Ruben-ego and look what happend to Rubens.

You forget that Shumi also gives the team a lot of feedback to aid in developing the car. Many other drivers do not, they just drive and complain.

UMass said:
Massa is lucky to drive for Ferrari. He is already getting a Ruben-ego and look what happend to Rubens.

You forget that Shumi also gives the team a lot of feedback to aid in developing the car. Many other drivers do not, they just drive and complain.

wtf do you mean a Ruben-ego?

matt_shaw said:
UMass said:
Massa is lucky to drive for Ferrari. He is already getting a Ruben-ego and look what happend to Rubens.

He got all kinds of WDC aspirations just because he had success in the Ferrari, and now look at him.

skaternick said:
matt_shaw said:
UMass said:

He got all kinds of WDC aspirations just because he had success in the Ferrari, and now look at him.

I don't think you understand how talented Massa is. Ferrari didn't just pick a random driver they could get for cheap, they picked him because he has a ton of skill.

Also show me a driver that doesn't aspire to be the best in the world. Did you not watch Top Gear? Jenson said he would give up everything for that one win. Every driver wants it soo bad. For you to say that he has a big ego just because he wants to win is pretty lame.

I didn't say anything about Massa, I was just referring to Rubens. The guy has been around for quite a long time, and really only had some decent success in the Ferrari, and even then he was completely overshadowed by Michael Schumacher 98% of the time. I can understand that he wants to win the championship, but at this point in time it's pretty clear that his ship has sailed as far as that dream goes.

As for Massa, I too agree that he has a lot of talent. He put in some extremely impressive showings in the past, and has only been improving since he came to Ferrari. His growth has been very clear, and his initial speed was impressive as well. Over a single lap, Massa can run with the best of them, and he seems to be learning how to run a proper race pace now as well. He's also proving himself to be a very loyal member of the team, which can only bode well for his future. I definitely respect Massa and hope things continue to go in his favour.

I believe I have said it before, but I'll say it again, once Schumacher retires, I'd love to see Raikkonen and Massa teamed up at Ferrari.

Williams not pickin Webber option for next year...

Webber now fishing for a drive with Renault. Which would be brilliant for him quite frankly. Alonso with Mac, Kimi in Ferrari and Webber with Renault, next year could be very good indeed.

mmap said:
Williams not pickin Webber option for next year...

Webber now fishing for a drive with Renault. Which would be brilliant for him quite frankly. Alonso with Mac, Kimi in Ferrari and Webber with Renault, next year could be very good indeed.

Do you have any real proof of this? There have been alot of "rumours" spread since the German GP and the Williams "Monday Deadline" passed about Mark's seat for 2007.

There are rumours that Mark is ready to leave Williams and that he is about to sign with Renault. But he has also been linked with Mclaren if Kimi goes to Ferrari next year. Mark is reportedly "not excited" over the Toyota engine deal either.

But Mark Webber and Frank Williams have both said they are still negoiating a deal for the next two years.

I think after the German GP Mark will move on, but will just have to wait and see.

skaternick said:
I didn't say anything about Massa, I was just referring to Rubens. .

I love that guy. i saw 2002s full season, and he kept up or beat shummy when his car didnt break down (or ferrari purposly broke it lol) and if you remember he was about to win a race and had to make way for shummy down the straight on the last lap on one of the races! thats fucked up.

to me he is the best driver out there, just needs a better car. 2002 was such an awful season for him, soooooooooooo much went wrong, it was insane. and none of it was his fault. when the car delivered, he was there, lapping faster than shummy.

Im brasilian and I want the best to brasilians, but fuck massa, I think he is an idiot

I want kimi in ferrari. I dont want rubens there because he wouldnt be happy, but I want him in another team that competes(er its late and i forgot the right word) with ferrari because i know he can beat shummy

sorry if i didnt make sense, its late and im hungry

2002 was four years ago man, move on. Rubens had 3 more seasons with Ferrari after that, and since 2002 was the only one you mention, he obviously wasn't exactly a superstar in the other seasons.