F1 : Germany

because ferrari got a clue that hes better than shummy and fucked his car on purpose :p

Devon said:
mmap said:
Williams not pickin Webber option for next year...

Webber now fishing for a drive with Renault. Which would be brilliant for him quite frankly. Alonso with Mac, Kimi in Ferrari and Webber with Renault, next year could be very good indeed.

Do you have any real proof of this? There have been alot of "rumours" spread since the German GP and the Williams "Monday Deadline" passed about Mark's seat for 2007.

There are rumours that Mark is ready to leave Williams and that he is about to sign with Renault. But he has also been linked with Mclaren if Kimi goes to Ferrari next year. Mark is reportedly "not excited" over the Toyota engine deal either.

But Mark Webber and Frank Williams have both said they are still negoiating a deal for the next two years.

I think after the German GP Mark will move on, but will just have to wait and see.

Autosport reports that Williams have signed Alex Wurz for the second race seat next year. As Rosberg already has a deal, Mark will be leaving Williams.

The obvious assumption would be Mark going to Renault, as Renault wants an experienced driver for the second seat(hence Kovalainen being on thin ice). Other possible seat would be at Red Bull(if their Renault deal falls through), and a joker could be McLaren if Kimi doesn't stay...

llpc60 said:
because ferrari got a clue that hes better than shummy and fucked his car on purpose :p
It'd be far easier to just hire a shit driver than to always worry about ways to keep Schumacher from being beaten by his teammate :p

ferrari policy about f1 pilots is to have a top driver(irrelevant country) and a brazilian sidekick. Why? FIAT 2nd market is brazil and the marketing thinks that if a brazilian pilot is in the squad they will sell more cars to them.
Barrichello and massa are not by any means better than sato, they just ride in one of the best cars in the championship.

I don't want Kimi in a Mclaren next year. They have screwed him enough with terrible reliablity his whole time with them. Only in 2003 did they have a reliable car and that was a modified 2002 car!

Plus, Ron Dennis's lazy attitude toward poor reliablity as he more concerned about his business of Mclaren than racing.

The important thing at Renault is they resign Flavio ;)
I rather see Kovalainen and Weber at Renault. They need to dump Fishi.

If I were Mercedes-Benz I would purchase the Renault team after 2007 and be done with Ron Dennis.

skaternick said:
Nothing other than they were interested in using a McLaren engine and chassis, making them a 'b-team' of sorts.

I don't believe that. :lol:

Prodrive have a better resarch and development team than most F1 teams out there.

Prodrive could become McLaren's B team

Dave Richards is keen to link up with McLaren when he returns to Formula One and turn his Prodrive outfit into McLaren's B team.

As of 2008, when Richards' Prodrive enters F1 as the 12th team, new rules will allow teams to purchase chassis from one another as one of the FIA's cost-cutting measures.

That means, should Richards conclude a deal with McLaren, his team would not only be permitted to use McLaren's Mercedes engines but also the team's year-old chassis, which would benefit both outfits.

"One of the things I am trying to do with Prodrive F1 is bring in fresh ideas and fresh thinking," Richards told Autosport.

"We have an opportunity to do things in a new way, a much less labour-intensive way, and in a manner that we believe will shatter some of the entrenched beliefs about how a Formula One team has to be structured."

http://www.planetf1.com/News/Story_Page/0,15909,3210_3213_1353255,00.html
It was talked about on various other sites as well.

That's bullshit!!! I am angry.

Prodrive is just taking the easy route. They have the resources to design a car from the ground, it just boggles ones mind.

matt_shaw said:
Prodrive is just taking the easy route. They have the resources to design a car from the ground, it just boggles ones mind.

The amount of recources needed to desingn a competitive F1 car is enormous, and it still would only be as good as it's engine. Prodrive might just have what is required, but that would mean a serious risk for the company. Working with someone else makes much more sense.

Prodrive have been looking for partner as long as their F1 project has been on the table. Nowadays there are talks about the partner being Renault or Mclaren/Mercedes, there have been talks on Prodrive buying Cosworth, and before all this there were talks about working with Hyundai. I think David Richards is good enough negotiator to find someone to work with.