F1 GP of Europe 05

Dino

aka Dins
Car(s)
Porsche Boxster S / Audi A4 Avant
Somehow forgot to post this in the summer, but I still wanna share, so:

Three different cups raced that weekend, F1, GP2 and the Porsche cup, and I had VIP access and everything. Let me tell you, it was one of the most amazing things ever. Just approaching the N?rburgring I could hear the engines whine, the elevator in the hotel right next to the track was vibrating from the intense noise.
The most amazing thing of all was the noise, I have never heard anything as loud as a F1 start with 20 cars reving their engines at those phenominal rpm. And something you can't hear on TV is the multitude of sounds, you can actually hear the fire from the exhaust, which took some time to get used to.
Here are some pics and vids for you, so you can get the idea. They don't come close to the real thing by far, but it's better than nothing.

Cars on site:
Lambo
Ferrari
Ferrari
BMW
Ferrari
Mercedes
Ferrari
Honda
Maybach

Drivers Area:
Inside a Ferrari Bus/Building
Red-Bull Quaters M. Schumacher

Pit Lane (Ferrari):
Tires beforeand after
Work in Progress 1
Work in Progress 2
Work in Progress 3
http://img240.echo.cx/img240/360/cimg10159vb.jpg
http://img240.echo.cx/img240/6158/cimg10169pc.jpg
F1 Car close-up
BAR Honda

Quality isn't great, but it isn't a video camera.
Videos:
Porsche Warm-up
Porsche Qualifying
Porsche First Lap
GP2 Start
GP2 Pass
F1 GP Start
F1 First Lap
Some more

Thanks for taking the time to show us all these great photos and videos. The sounds and sights of a F1 event must be an enlightening expierence. You got some really good pics there, thanks again for posting this. :thumbsup:

jayjaya29 said:
Thanks for taking the time to show us all these great photos and videos. The sounds and sights of a F1 event must be an enlightening expierence. You got some really good pics there, thanks again for posting this. :thumbsup:

What he said. :)

^^ i was able to ask the same! i am attending this year's us grand prix. i hope i get to enjoy the same level of access you had!

jensked said:
:thumbsup: two thumbs up for your pictures.

How did you get acces to all those places?

got invited by Phillip Morris, so they paid for everything and gave us a free suite next to the track for the races and all-access passes.