F1:Hungary

Pretty neat how Button won the first race after his visit to Top Gear and "scolding" by Jeremy about not winning a single championship.

Good for him! :thumbsup:

The battle for 3rd between de la Rosa and M. Schumacher was fantastic! It was a very entertaining race.

Too bad the drive in the Liana did not have the same effect on Mark Webber, but it is down to Williams' performance :bangin:

kekekeke said:
fbc said:
Wow, what a race, amazing what a bit of moisture will do... Though I'm not a big JB fan, great to see him take the win.

BTW - Alonso went off due to a drive shaft failure, nothing to do with his pit crew.

Erm, replays showed a wheel nut clearly coming off and the right rear going wonky. The commentators here were pretty skeptical about the driveshaft failure.

erm, i think you're seeing things. no wheel nut came off, Renault confirmed it was a driveshaft failure.

matt_shaw said:
kekekeke said:
fbc said:
Wow, what a race, amazing what a bit of moisture will do... Though I'm not a big JB fan, great to see him take the win.

BTW - Alonso went off due to a drive shaft failure, nothing to do with his pit crew.

Erm, replays showed a wheel nut clearly coming off and the right rear going wonky. The commentators here were pretty skeptical about the driveshaft failure.

erm, i think you're seeing things. no wheel nut came off, Renault confirmed it was a driveshaft failure.

Erm, they showed replays of the event, and the commentators highlighted the bit where at least something fell off from inside the wheel. Maybe the driveshaft is just an escapegoat to avoid tension in the team.

edit: pfrocker: What a race to start watching F1 eh? Don't get your hopes too high though. I doubt the other races will be as entertaining as this one. I wish it would rain in suzuka, cos that's one the best track in the season.

matt_shaw said:
kekekeke said:
fbc said:

then I'm seeing things as well.. channel10 in AUS highlighted something flying off from the car as well...

Now that Jenson got his first win in a Honda....theres gonna be even more pressure on Webber to crack his first :evil:

skaternick said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Now that Jenson got his first win in a Honda....theres gonna be even more pressure on Webber to crack his first :evil:
He'll need a car that can make it to the end of the race first haha.

Well, hopefully Renault or Red Bull can provide that for him :thumbsup:

skaternick said:
Hitting Fisi on purpose? He was on a tight inside line and the front end washed away from him, try watching the race next time instead of playing favourites. I really don't think he'd intentionally rip his front wing off across Fisichella's rear tire, and if you think he did, then you really need to rethink some things.

front end washed away? what the hell does that mean? you think he understeered?

look whos talking, maybe YOU should watch the race before playing smart

he had to give some oposit lock because of the rear end went wide, he had control of his front end the whole time

it never "washed away" from him...its just called oposit lock

"try watching the race next time instead of playing favourites" why be an ass? at least next time try to have a valid point

Well done Button on his first win, it was a very exciting race.

It's a shame Webber and Rosberg both had DNFs, I'm glad Webber has decided to depart Williams.

kekekeke mentioned that the FIA allowed Renault to use the Mass Damper system for this round, which is true, but Renault choose not to use it because they feared that some of the teams may protest later on if the FIA decide to ban it for good. Meaning they could face penalities.

It's a shame Schumacher had to retire, he had no choice but to stay out on his wet tires. I agree with skaternick when Schumacher jumped the chicane he was probably thinking PDR forced him to, which is why he didn't let him pass.

As a die-hard Honda F1 fans since 2000 I've waited 100 Grands Prix for this day. I had to get up off my seat and check my pulse during the final 15 laps because I couldn't believe what was happening. Much respect to Button!

llpc60 said:
Opposite lock because the front tires lost traction, the same thing that happens when your car hydroplanes on the highway and the steering goes loose. The overhead view showed what happened perfectly clear.

kekekeke said:
matt_shaw said:
kekekeke said:
fbc said:

Erm, they showed replays of the event, and the commentators highlighted the bit where at least something fell off from inside the wheel. Maybe the driveshaft is just an escapegoat to avoid tension in the team.

edit: pfrocker: What a race to start watching F1 eh? Don't get your hopes too high though. I doubt the other races will be as entertaining as this one. I wish it would rain in suzuka, cos that's one the best track in the season.
yes it was a great race and I'm happy to start following F1 through TV

I have a question if Schumacher and Alonsa Tie in point, how will they decide who is the champion?

^ Whoever has the most race wins, and if they're still equal, most 2nd placings, etc.

skaternick said:
llpc60 said:
Opposite lock because the front tires lost traction, the same thing that happens when your car hydroplanes on the highway and the steering goes loose. The overhead view showed what happened perfectly clear.

Umm opposite lock because the front tyres have lost traction??? That's really not going to do much in an understeer situation.

The car oversteered, he applied opposite lock to correct, and that's what put the wing into Fisi.

skaternick said:
llpc60 said:

edit2: just kidding...cant be bothered

just read what fbc said..

"Opposite lock because the front tires lost traction" teehehe funny

pfrocker said:
kekekeke said:
matt_shaw said:
kekekeke said:
fbc said:

yes it was a great race and I'm happy to start following F1 through TV

I have a question if Schumacher and Alonsa Tie in point, how will they decide who is the champion?

Never thought about it. Perhaps a drifting competition? lol naa to subjective. What about who can set the fastest lap in the ring in 3 tries. :thumbsup:

matt_shaw said:
pfrocker said:
yes! so if Schumi win all of the next 5 races and Alonsa get second in all of them they will be tie at 140 points. Then what? :eek:

I want to see them duel it out without driving aids. M. Schumacher would then show the world why is he the best driver in the world.

I doubt it tbh. All the F1 drivers have come up through race series without traction control. Yes it's a little harder without TC, but tbh the main advantages are reduced tyre wear. You'd find that everyone else would be just as good as Schumacher at driving without it.

And regards the 'wheel nut'. On the ITV highlights last night they showed another replay showing two pieces of debris fly of Alonsos car. Furthermore....if the wheel nut had come off, the wheel would have followed very shortly. IMO it was undoubtably either a suspension or driveshaft failure. And think about it....why would they imply a mechanical failure making them look like their having reliability issues when it was just a simple error. The last thing a team will do is admit problems with the car. It'd be less damaging to blame it on someone!