F1:Japan

KryptonZone said:
My ass Karma! He was just lucky for once.

Stupid little git won the race... Urgh! I woke up to see this shit! :yucky:

So MS hasn't been lucky at all this season has he?

Ferrari IMO get all they deserve, look at the penalty FA got in Monza for supposedly holding up Massa (which is almost unanimously thought to be ridiculous) and look what happened in the race! FA lost an engine! So in a twisted sort of way it is Karma. Even Ferrari fans must admit its been a long time coming, MS's last engine failure during a race was in 2001! :shock:

My jaw fell to the floor! :shock: But at the same time I was instictively cheering and pumping my fist into the air, so I guess that makes me a fan of Alonso! But I felt like such an asshole for celebrating his retirement when they showed that shot of MS hugging each and every one of his pitcrew in the garage soon afterwards. That just showed what kind of man he truly is. Everyone in the Ferrari garage felt like they had just already lost the championship, and they might as well have. Everyone knows that the chances of Alonso not finishing in the points in Brazil are slim to none.

Man, I can't believe what happened. And Alonso waved at Schumi as he passed him, too. I was hoping to see Schumi go out with the Championship, as thats always nice to have. Maybe Sato and Yamamoto can work their magic over on the Renault team...

Yes Schumi indeed showed what kind of man he is... He was deliberately leaking oil into the driving line for as long as he could.

Normally when an engine goes the driver goes out of the line and then out of the track as soon as possible (suitable, safe, location if possible) Michael stayed out as long as he could and maintained the line, knowing that Alonso was right behind him...

mmap said:
Yes Schumi indeed showed what kind of man he is... He was deliberately leaking oil into the driving line for as long as he could.

Normally when an engine goes the driver goes out of the line and then out of the track as soon as possible (suitable, safe, location if possible) Michael stayed out as long as he could and maintained the line, knowing that Alonso was right behind him...

that is considered a very good move for shumacher... part of me expected him to "accidently" turn right in front of alonso as he came on the inside :lol:

mmap said:

I'm not sure he intended to so that deliberatly. I doubt he even knew it had gone until he noticed the car slowing down.

true that the TV audience usually knows (sees) the engine failure before the driver knows it, but MS drove on for so long and long after the speed reduces that the only possibel conclusion is deliberate action... And like Andyhui, I almost expected him to ram Alonso as he passed.

LIke Alonso said, he is a great driver, but not a great sporting personality.

(Personally, I think they are both assholes, but thats just me...)

BS was working surprisingly bad compared to quali, oh well maybe it was quali special tyre.

KryptonZone said:
My ass Karma! He was just lucky for once.

Stupid little git won the race... Urgh! I woke up to see this shit! :yucky:
I dont like Fernando either but this is one championship Schumacher does not deserve. Schumi and Ferrari have done enough for F1.

I dont doubt Schumis skills or competence, only his and Ferraris sportsmanship. Tho there are situations in wich Schimacher has totally underachieved I think he is one of the best. Not the best, hell no, but definetly one of the best.

Well personally I find Alonso to be a piece of crap...In every possible situation he makes sure he turns out to be an ass and for that I hate him. If what happened to MS would've happened to him,and it did, you would not and did not see him do what MS did. He would just ramble on and on for hours about how Michellin's tires are crap. his team is crap, Fisi is crap, MS is an ass hole and that the whole world is a crapyard. Such an unbearable ass.
I'm not a big fan of MS as well as he had his share of fucking people up and for that alone I prey to god Kimi will be able to wipe his ass with Alonso next season.
Too bad for MS, but go Kimi go :D

I lost all respect I for Alonso the minute I found out he was switching to McLaren. Renault gave him the opportunity to proove himself. That is the team that made him into a Champion and he repays it by signing to McLaren... pathetic.

-Cpt. J.- said:
I lost all respect I for Alonso the minute I found out he was switching to McLaren. Renault gave him the opportunity to proove himself. That is the team that made him into a Champion and he repays it by signing to McLaren... pathetic.

yea he pretty much signed his success away, from probably the best car on the grid to much lower

and yes MS is an ass on the track, but off the track he's a very sportman, kind man...have any of you guys seen FA hugging his crew after his retirements ;) but my ideal situation for brazil is going into someturn, w/e it is massa has inside, alonso is on outside..massa locks goes straight into alonso, somthing like the prost v senna suzuka finish :p

Has there ever been any instances where these races are fixed?

Momentum57 said:
Has there ever been any instances where these races are fixed?
Every team has so many millions on the line I doubt any one of them is keen on loosing. There has ofcourse been rumors that FIA favors Ferrari... personally I dont like to think that is true. Rumors are rumors afterall.

In F1 it has allways been allowed for the team to give their #2 driver an order to let the teams #1 driver overtake. Now my opinion is that theres nothing wrong with this if the other driver has allready lost all chances to fight for the championship. However 2001 in Austria Barrichello had to let Schumacher pass him on the final lap. Considering it was only the fifth race that year it really was a bad call from Ferrari.

Just another dent in Schumis shiny armor. :thumbsup:

I know i listen to the commentary although what im suggesting is the FIA said they want Brazil for the deciding factor, so they have something happen to one of the cars. Years ago gambling used to fix horse racing its not like it cant happen today. Mind you it could be far more complicated and just be that all of the drivers, teams, owners in conjunction with the ruling body decide whats better for the sport.

-Cpt. J.- said:

Not at all. Alonso signed for Mclaren back when Renault wasn't even sure that they'd be around for 2007. Alonso had to make a decision fast, go to Mclaren or stick with a team that may even be around after the season.

So if anything, Renault should be blamed for not having made decisions quick enough to maintain Alonso.

i guess eccelstone got what he wanted, a final race worth watchin...which would have happend anyways :thumbsdown:

cpt j said:

I agree... but I would still want him to be at the top, lets just hope Mclaren can actually build reliable cars and not screw up every other race... any word on who's going to be in Renault's seat next year?

The Clincher said:
nd yes MS is an ass on the track, but off the track he's a very sportman, kind man...have any of you guys seen FA hugging his crew after his retirements

yes... all of us saw that, but don't you think he's doing it so he can leave F1 and getting people to forget all the crap he has done (If you haven't, someone posted a video here of just some of his past)... if you think he's a sportsman, then have you seen any other instances where he hugged his crew when he retired, he was always in a ball of flame?

Too bad for MS, I was actually rooting for him a bit in these last few races. It's always great to leave while you're ahead. I suppose a close second in the overall points ain't bad, though ;)