F1 Mini Stats & Potential Future Champions

F1 Mini Stats & Potential Future Champions

• Total voters
Oooooorrrrrrr just bring back testing!!!!!

Good analysis Katie, only thing I really refute is your age argument. This current youth craze in Formula One is ridiculous. Drivers dont lose speed until well into their 40's. Webber has another 10 years in him if he remains motivated.

The refuelling next year should suit those smooth drivers easy on their tyres. Button especially, Kimi (remember he had a hard time getting up to temp last year) and Alonso can adapt to pretty much everything.

Oooooorrrrrrr just bring back testing!!!!!

Good analysis Katie, only thing I really refute is your age argument. This current youth craze in Formula One is ridiculous. Drivers dont lose speed until well into their 40's. Webber has another 10 years in him if he remains motivated.

The refuelling next year should suit those smooth drivers easy on their tyres. Button especially, Kimi (remember he had a hard time getting up to temp last year) and Alonso can adapt to pretty much everything.

I think the age thing can differ from driver to driver. For example, Barrichello is still looking strong, but you can argue that Coulthard really dropped off in his last couple of years.

You also mentioned the 'youth craze', which is also a problem more in perception for the older drivers. The main 'age' issue I mentioned for Trulli and Webber is difficulties with getting good seats when guys like Vettel are coming in at 19 and looking good - its more likely the top teams will go for someone with age on their side so they can 'develop the team around them', making them less likely to go for drivers who may be as good but are already in their 30s. I think its more a problem with what teams may want to go for than with their skills themselves.

Completely depends on who gets put in which car :/