F1 Modeling

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
So, after literally days of thought, i have decided to put this thread here in F1 where people could really appreciate it. Fell free to move it if needed. Truth be told, i couldnt find a suitable area for it/

Anyways, ran into these great German made Revell model kits online a few moths ago and have been wanting to do them since. There are 3 teams available, VMM, Mercedes and Ferrari. The two VMM are in seperate kits for some reason while the others are both in one kit. it seems that these models are based on the cars from launch day but i may be wrong. anyways, without further yapping here is Hamiltons GB car from 2010. It took me about 2 weeks because i havent done one of these in a long time and i screwed up the body paint. i would call this one one of my greats but it was a good starter to refresh my memory. i may redo it later. Something else that was great is that i speant 3 days on the motor only to find out it sealed inside. why did they even give me a motor if im going to glue it inside?!? anyways, im starting on the mercedes now and im trying my hand at airbrushing. updates to follow!

16a79666.jpg

adc14479.jpg

b2a395d9.jpg

439afbf9.jpg

767c353a.jpg

b994356f.jpg

a9a52225.jpg

My next one:
24a64d6a.jpg

Nicely done mate

Nicely done mate

The livery placing is neat perfect.
I'm particularly looking into for the mp4-26, since I f***ing love the L sidepods.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
i was wondering if someone would reply!

i was very picky about making sure the livery was correct. im learning how to airbrush before i do Buttons car so i can get the chrome finish done correctly

I used to do a lot of these when I was younger, I bought the Tamiya 1:20 kits and had models of the McLaren MP4/13, McLaren MP4/8, Benetton B195, Ferrari F2000, Williams FW23, A Subaru rally car, a Porsche Le Mans car, etc.

I want this baby soooo bad, but almost 50 bucks plus material makes my sensible trousers hurt :blowup:

tk2011
IMG_2076m.jpg

Last edited:
That looks to be the old Tamiya model, been out of production for a long time so eBay is probably your best bet. Dont think mine looked that good, I'll have to see if I still have it around somewhere.

It was at Hall's hobby shop in El Paso, Texas

Last edited:
I used to build a ton of 'airfix' models with my dad when I was around 9-13, then we moved and we sort of stop cos we lacked the room to work and to place our done models (they're all in the basement now sitting in boxes).

Couple of years ago I mentioned this to my girlfriend at the time and she got me a kit for my birthday. I was so excited I sort of rushed the construction and painting, the end result was fine but a bit rough at places... anyway here it is (and cos this thread lacks red).

fRk4I.jpg

6jKuL.jpg

73lyQ.jpg

V7WlM.jpg

I used to build a ton of 'airfix' models with my dad when I was around 9-13, then we moved and we sort of stop cos we lacked the room to work and to place our done models (they're all in the basement now sitting in boxes).

Couple of years ago I mentioned this to my girlfriend at the time and she got me a kit for my birthday. I was so excited I sort of rushed the construction and painting, the end result was fine but a bit rough at places... anyway here it is (and cos this thread lacks red).

Looks great! There are three temas available, VMM, Merc and Ferarri. i will do the Ferrari last. its the F10

This was the 2003GA I think. The hardest part was getting that vodaphone logo just right, cos it had a separate decal for the bit that goes "over" the winglet on the side of the sidepod

dat.jpg

V7WlM.jpg

it's hideous! it's trying to copy this
images

to each his own, i think it looks like a f*cking indy-car
2003_ferrari_f2003GA_0_manu_031.jpg

Duplicate+IndyCar+Nikon+Indy+300+Practice+6_Cj1UGAP7zl.jpg

then what was this imitating? same year, came 2nd in the championship.

FW25_BMW_Montoya_Monaco.jpg

What I think is that you're trolling, take it to another thread about car aesthetics, in which I'll tell you how indy cars look much better than anything F1 post-2009