F1: Monaco

POWERRR!!

what? no one cares about f1 anymore that i've to start the monaco thread? :lol:

anyway.. qualifying. what a rotten old dog that michael schumacher is! :censored: i hope he gets penalized and ends up in the back of the grid tomorrow!

Yeah, but it was so outrageous manouver that I doubt that even he is capable of it... I am ALMOST willing to accept that there was something wrong in his car etc.

And bloody Rosberg for blocking Kimi on his fast lap, he would have been faster but now has to settle for 4th.

schumi is no stranger to such thing. he prevented damon hill from winning the championship in 94 by crashing into him (australia `94). he also crashed into villeneuve (european gp `97) but was then penalized and kicked off the race for dangerous drivng. as a result villeneuve won the championship and he finished 3rd!

POWERRR!! said:
he also crashed into villeneuve (european gp `97) but was then penalized and kicked off the race for dangerous drivng. as a result villeneuve won the championship and he finished 3rd!

More correctly - Schumacher DNF'd that race as a result of that incident, he wasn't disqualified from the race. Villeneuve won the championship due to his own finishing position in the race and Schumacher not scoring any points in that race.

Schumacher was however disqualified from the results of the 1997 World Championship, but he retains the points he scored as part of his total points haul.

I recorded the qualifying and was gonna watch it later, then Yahoo ran this as a headline.....

"Suspicious" is the word that comes to mind. The stewarts are reviewing the incident, but considering the "close" relationship that the Scuderia has with the FIA and FOM, I'm guessing nothing will happen. Alonso does have P2 and considering the rocket starts that the R26 has off the line, I keep my fingers crossed that he will take the lead by the time he reaches Sainte Devote.

OK, my two cents worth.

I know pretty much everyone is shouting CHEAT at Schuey and Ferrari, but having thought about it for a sec that's not really surprising. I've watched the incident a few times on Youtube, and though I will admit it looks suspicous, the more I think about the less I'm convinced he did it on purpose.

Firstly, I honestly can't think why Schumacher would want to do such a thing just for one pole position. He's already the all time pole setter, and even if he ended up second or third, it isn't really the end of the world for him or Ferrari, the title battle would go on.

Secondly, looking at those replays I got the hint the Schuey at first tried to save it, then hesitated, then went into that barrier as though he was going to reverse it out again. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but everyone has a moment of hesistation, and even the greats can hesitate in the final moments of qualifying on the twistiest street circuit.

Thirdly, you have to bear in mind that in the history of motorsports, Schumacher is probably the driver people can most easily point an acusing finger at and shout CHEAT at. Flavio can run his mouth all he likes, but as the TG lads have once or twice said about Italian waiters, they wave their arms about and shout a lot but achieve very little. That's how I look at Briatore, an Italian waiter, someone who can make a lot of fuss but actually know very little about what he's talking about. If Schumacher did that in one of his cars, or that was one of his boys, he would be defending them completely.

As it stands however, I actually do think the FIA need to punish Schumacher, even if he is innocent. I say this because the whole FIA/Ferrari conspiracy needs to either be demolished, else it will become even stronger if Ferrari are let off the hook. If nothing but for the sake of the sport, confidence is needed in the FIA and their judgement.

OK that's it, lambs to the slaughter for me now.

I heard that from my bro, but I didn't find any articles. I heard that Fisi was penalized for block Coulthard.

I still haven't watched the qualifying....I wish the race wasn't broadcast on cbs, I'd like to have heard what the speedtv folks had to say.

Just released on the newswire... Also confirmed by grandprix.com and FIA's official F1 site formula1.com. Serves his ass right... This makes things very interesting as Alonso stands to add another 10 solid points to his driver's championship point tally if he can manage to win the race and barring a disaster to other front runners on the grid, Schumacher doesn't look like he has a great chance to leaping forward enough to be in points contention. I hope one of the Super Aguris takes his ass out! *evil laugh*

I'm not a Shumi fan but he's a great driver and I like to watch him race (others). The shit that he pulled was a cheap shot unbefitting a 7 time WDC and it was so obvious it was not even funny. He got what he deserved. Sad. Does not make for better or more interesting racing. Then again, maybe MS being in the back will make for a few tense moments.

I thought it was hilarious when he did it. But now he's in back, there is going to be one amazing race on one of the most amazing tracks. I can't wait.

Alright...just watched it. Definitely looked suspicious. I'm a little conflicted about doing something like that as a tactic, it's fine in basketball for a team to hold onto the ball and run down the clock...or to foul a player etc. I think there are some similarities

Nahhh, this one's not perfect but the old quali was just so goddamn boring and predictable. Although I think they should let the fastest time from any session stand. This way you could see fight for pole 3 times in a session and pole coming not necessarily from session 3.

Serves his cheating ass right. Now I am not 100% convinced that he did do it on purpose, but like said before it was important to punish him for the credibility of the sport.

Barring rain or major catastrophies Schumis race is prety much raced already, there is no overtaking in monaco...

The only downside is that Alonso is now going to win (without driver error and subsequent crash) and extend his lead in the championship even further.

I think its exciting and makes everything interesting :mrgreen:

The stewards checked car data and concluded that he didn't need to brake as hard as he did so I also believe that it was on purpose.

I really hope Webber can break through and win his first F1 GP. He's starting from P2 :)