• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

[F1] Seven Michelin teams facing charges

[F1] Seven Michelin teams facing charges

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuck no!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,325
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Long story short, the FIA is charging those teams who refused to race in last Sundays USA GP.

More information here:
http://www.formula1.com/race/news/3212/740.html

Wow, what next for F1. This is totally gay IMO because it was made clear that it wouldnt have been safe to go out their when Ralf Schumacca hit the wall in practise.

This is totally gay :thumbsdown:
 
I missed most of the other thread, but my position is that Michelin knew where the race was going to be (Indy), so it's their fault for not being prepared.

It's like a soccer team asking to use their hands the night before the match - it's just not fair.

Also, couldn't the Michelin drivers go slower around the dangerous corners? Sure they might not be able to beat Ferrari that way, but at least there would have been a race, and the points from 3rd position downwards would still be up for grabs.
 
This is fuckin ridiculous, FIA said themselves that they will put safety ahead of anything else and that is what the teams did, they put the drivers safety as proirity and that is what they did... and not they are getting penalized for it????.... This season would have wrecked the entire F1 name :thumbsdown:
 
They made the wrong choice. Bridgestone made the right one. So they wanted a chicane so that both were equal.... Thats not how games work!! And rejecting to race was like spitting on the face of FIA. I agree with UKD, they could have gained some points this way. Drivers could have gone in the race and driven at a reasonable pace...

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
it wouldnt have been safe to go out their when Ralf Schumacca hit the wall in practise

he also hit the wall in Monte Carlo... So its his driving that is to blame.

i am so happy now. Ferrari is only 13 points behind Renault. One more Ferrari 1 2 and we are there. Alonso is degrading by the way. Kimi is on fire. Schumi is also there :D
 
i am so happy now. Ferrari is only 13 points behind Renault. One more Ferrari 1 2 and we are there. Alonso is degrading by the way. Kimi is on fire. Schumi is also there
You bring up an interesting point, it is kinda like an "equaliser" for the championship and has changed the cource of the championship...in its own weird way its kinda good for ppl who want an interesting championship to watch but bad for those who want a fair one :(

Either way this is disgusting for the series :thumbsdown:

btw heres a link regarding F1's spectacular failier last Sunday..not related to the charges:
http://www.rpmlive.tv/f1/154.asmx
 
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
its kinda good for ppl who want an interesting championship to watch but bad for those who want a fair one :(

How is it unfair?

Ferrari went to the race, ran it like usual, and won.
 
Ya man. we won fair and square. We didn't tell them to not race. We did not throw nails on the road like Dick dastardly in Whacky Races!!! :lol:
 
From the Site given above said:
"Formula One is a sporting contest. It must operate by clear rules. These cannot be negotiated each time a competitor brings the wrong equipment to a race. The Michelin teams' lack of speed through turn 13 would have been a direct result of inferior equipment, as often happens in Formula One."

that statement says everything....
 
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I missed most of the other thread, but my position is that Michelin knew where the race was going to be (Indy), so it's their fault for not being prepared.

It's like a soccer team asking to use their hands the night before the match - it's just not fair.

Also, couldn't the Michelin drivers go slower around the dangerous corners? Sure they might not be able to beat Ferrari that way, but at least there would have been a race, and the points from 3rd position downwards would still be up for grabs.

In a way your analogy is true, but if you look at it this way, then it could also be said that during the year the football pitch had been paved over with concrete and the michelin runners had turned up in studded football boots because they didn't know, while the bridgestone runners had info that there is no way that michelin could have known about, as it is expensive and impractical to do test sessions so far from their bases, and turned up in trainers. And its more like they asked if they could make both goals smaller than asking to play with hands, that would be like asking the bridgestone runners to run the whole race with pit lane speed limiters on.
 
raheel_qamar said:
i am so happy now. Ferrari is only 13 points behind Renault. One more Ferrari 1 2 and we are there. Alonso is degrading by the way. Kimi is on fire. Schumi is also there :D

im not a particular fan of any team, neither do i mind who wins, as long as there is action on the track. but this is ridiculous, sure, ferrari won the race, clean and clear, all rules were kept. but commonsense tells me to laugh my ass off at this, big victory, ferrari was faster then jordan and minardi, woow, what an achievement, now they can be proud of themselves that they have chances for the championship, scooooore :)
 
raheel_qamar said:
Ya man. we won fair and square. We didn't tell them to not race. We did not throw nails on the road like Dick dastardly in Whacky Races!!! :lol:

When did you get your job on the ferrari team?
 
Not yet but will soon get it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats the way I am used to talking about teams I support. It has become a habit now.
 
Re: [F1] Seven Michelin teams facing charges

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Long story short, the FIA is charging those teams who refused to race in last Sundays USA GP.

More information here:
http://www.formula1.com/race/news/3212/740.html

Wow, what next for F1. This is totally gay IMO because it was made clear that it wouldnt have been safe to go out their when Ralf Schumacca hit the wall in practise.

This is totally gay :thumbsdown:

They did what they had to do. They showed up at start, and did what was done many other times before. When there's a problem that will prevent you from racing, you simply don't race. They aren't forced to race, just to show up at start.
 
well ferrari won fair and square but it was hardly a challenge for them...they didnt really earn it did they...all they did was go out and drive and because there was no teams that would ever challenge them they had no problem in getting the 1 2....As fot eh FIA fining the michilin teams...WTF why that is just stupid
 
And the real sad and stupid thing about all this is the FIA and Formula 1 would not hesitate to shut down more F1 sites given F1s rep right now.

The fans need to turn their back on F1 for a while. Let them know they need the fans more than the fans need F1.
 
Well, theres some really really good circuits in the US that deserve a GP. Places like Laguna Seca, Road America are far better circuits than Indy, which only really got the GP because of its history!

I'd love to see it go back, and believe it or not, there are still US fans out there. But i think its future at Indy is dead!
 
Leppy said:
raheel_qamar said:
Ya man. we won fair and square. We didn't tell them to not race. We did not throw nails on the road like Dick dastardly in Whacky Races!!! :lol:

When did you get your job on the ferrari team?

I have to say, I know I have a go about ferrari a lot, but its the fans I don't like, they all think that they are actually part of the team! ITS SO ANNOYING!

LessThanSte said:
Well, theres some really really good circuits in the US that deserve a GP. Places like Laguna Seca, Road America are far better circuits than Indy, which only really got the GP because of its history!

I'd love to see it go back, and believe it or not, there are still US fans out there. But i think its future at Indy is dead!

Oooooooooh, F1 at laguna seca would be cool, not a huge fan of road america tho
 
During the US GP, the portuguese commentators stated that there were rumours of Las Vegas receiving it in the future. So maybe FIA was so intransigent because of that.
64.gif
 
Top