F1 teams to set up rival series

"Preparations for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship continue but publication of the final 2010 entry list will be put on hold while the FIA asserts its legal rights."

Didn't Mosley say something along the lines that no matter what, the entry list will be released on Friday/Saturday, something like that? And now they are saying the list will be put on hold?

Ahahaha fuckers. I'm pissed to high heaven right now. :mad:

2ladora, why do we care anymore, major teams and major drivers are leaving so I've no interest in F1 in 2010.

I just hope Max gives up after one court hearing and the teams can start preparing for new series.

F1 isn't what it used to be anymore anyway, so this new doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I applaud FOTA for sticking it up to the Moseley for fucking things up.

Didn't Mosley say something along the lines that no matter what, the entry list will be released on Friday/Saturday, something like that? And now they are saying the list will be put on hold?

Ahahaha fuckers. I'm pissed to high heaven right now. :mad:

There's no point to it. It will delay everything for weeks, even if the court finds it obligatory for FIA and Red Bull to participate in 2010 F1, they can still ditch it and pay the fine, or turn it into a testing ground, moving the main team and drivers to Breakaway (the'd get a nice summ of money from FIA anyway, for participating). Plus, the remaining "Conditional" 5 FOTA teams, have nothing to worry about.

The only thing Mosley is going to accomplish with this, is drive away even more new teams, who lodged entries for 2010, hoping FOTA would break away.

Last edited:
Kimi is opening his mouth! :jawdrop:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76318

Raikkonen blames 'egos' for F1 fallout

By Pablo Elizalde Friday, June 19th 2009, 15:15 GMT

Former world champion Kimi Raikkonen says the battle between the FIA and FOTA is not about Formula 1 anymore, but rather a fight between the two bodies' egos.

The Formula One Teams' Association announced yesterday that it will launch its own championship after failing to reach a compromise deal with the FIA over the rules for the 2010 season.

The governing body has responded by saying it will sue FOTA.

Ferrari driver Raikkonen admitted it was sad to see the current situation, and he reckons both parties have lost sight of what the fight is really about.

"Of course it's sad to see," Raikkonen told reporters. "This is nothing to do with sport anymore, it's more politics and more about egos fighting against each other.

"It's not really about Formula 1 anymore. It's about who is going to win and who is going to lose. It's sad but that's how it is, and we'll just see what happens.

"I don't know what will happen or where we are going to race, but let's finish this year then we will know more about next year."

The Finn insisted he is ready to follow Ferrari out of Formula 1 if it means racing against the best drivers and teams.

"For sure we want to have the best drivers and the best teams in the same championship. That's really what Formula 1 is all about. For sure next year we are going to race somewhere, but I don't know where."

And as for the FIA's legal action, that is a measure of desperation and some of the reasons behind it contravene with pretty much every single EU law and regulation.

EDIT: One of the former F1 hopefuls is now attacking the FIA for all it's worth.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76319

N.Technology hits out at the FIA

By Steven English and Matt Beer Friday, June 19th 2009, 15:24 GMT

N.Technology's parent company, the MSC Organisation, has hit out at the FIA after announcing that it has withdrawn its application to join Formula 1 in 2010.

The Italian team - best known for its touring car successes and running the International Formula Master series - had said earlier this week that it did not understand the FIA's decision not to accept its 2010 entry and to keep it on the reserve list.

As AUTOSPORT revealed this morning, N.Technology pulled out of contention for a 2010 slot in the wake of the FOTA teams announcing their plan to set up a rival to Formula 1 next year, and MSC has now issued a statement strongly criticising the FIA's handling of the situation.

"With much regret, taking into consideration the highly questionable process conducted by the FIA, which is affected by many irregularities, and the uncertainties regarding the 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship, the MSC board decided last night to withdraw its application, as Team N.Technology, under the new regulations allowing entry of 'capped budget' teams," said the statement.

"MSC believes that through its wrong actions and objectionable management methods, the FIA severely hurt MSC's efforts to become a new team and undermined the Formula 1 sport, taken as a whole."

The company did not rule out re-applying for an F1 place when the current controversy was settled.

"MSC shall consider making a new application when the Formula 1 environment is stabilised and the conditions are met for a transparent and loyal contest, ensuring visibility and predictability to the candidate teams," it said.

"MSC wishes to renew its warm acknowledgements to the sponsors, technical and business partners who support its efforts to become a new independent Formula 1 team."

The MSC board is comprised of team boss Mauro Sipsz and former Eurosport CEO Angelo Codignoni.

Last edited:
USF1 team better join the break away series.

USF1 team better join the break away series.
I would think Peter and Ken would be devastated if the series split and they were stuck in F1 without the big teams.
Planning and waiting for the right moment, they pull the trigger to enter a team and then this happens. :(

I would think Peter and Ken would be devastated if the series split and they were stuck in F1 without the big teams.
Planning and waiting for the right moment, they pull the trigger to enter a team and then this happens. :(

:(

I'm sure the remaining teams will side with FOTA pretty soon. Williams must be hating themselves for the hasty decision of siding with the FIA.

Well, things stay like this. Nico Rosberg will be an F1 world champion in 2010.

I'm sure the remaining teams will side with FOTA pretty soon. Williams must be hating themselves for the hasty decision of siding with the FIA.

Well Force India have said they'd be willing to join the new FOTA series, and I imagine Williams would also be interested but are staying silent on the issue for now, and rightly so.

If that's the case, then Force India will get sued, won't they?

Imagine if Williams, Force India, and the 3 new F1 teams pulled out and went to the breakaway series instead...

Isn't his contract up this year anyway? I wouldn't be surprised if he moved to one of the FOTA teams if a split does happen.

It gets better:

Twitter.com
LeeMcK Just asked Martin Whitmarsh about 'new' championship. Lola and Prodrive also likely to join.

:mrgreen:
If this keeps up, Max is gonna be lucky to put 4 cars on the grid. :)

Last edited:
I was just about to post that too. Ooooo! :D

^ If Williams and Force India return, that automatically gives the FOTA series 12 teams.

EDIT: The World Champions in the field are all very vocal against the FIA...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76328

Alonso fears the end of Formula 1

By Simon Strang and Pablo Elizalde Friday, June 19th 2009, 16:40 GMT

Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso fears the row between the FIA and FOTA is leading to the death of Formula 1.

"Yes, more or less, yes," said Alonso on Friday when asked if Formula 1 was dead.

"It keeps going but obviously with the same engine for everybody, small teams, nobody knows those teams, nobody knows the drivers... So it's like A1GP, GP2, so it's a very nice category but no one cares."

The Spaniard admitted he was sorry to hear the news that no agreement was reached between the FIA and the Formula One Teams' Association, but he believes FOTA's breakaway championship can be a strong one.

"It was sad news, for sure, because we all hoped for a solution in the last moment and it didn't happen. So now it's a new thing," he added.

"A new category will arrive and Formula 1 may disappear, so we need to go the best category which at the moment is the FOTA one, with the best teams in the world and the best drivers in the world. I think it can be a good one.

"Obviously it's my opinion, but I'm sure 99 percent of the drivers will agree with me."

He added: "Everybody is losing. The teams are losing, the FIA is not losing anything because they don't put the money. The drivers we are losing, but I think the worst thing is for Formula 1. But we'll see.

"The new category seems very attractive, for the fans as well, with maybe better prices for tickets, and things like that. We'll become a new category, a new Formula 1. I believe that things can be done better than in Formula 1, so the new category maybe can improve a couple of things."

Alonso, however, reckons there is still a chance that the row could be settled in the near future.

"It keeps going. The entry list from the FIA is not arriving tomorrow because there are no teams to put on the list, so maybe the will wait a couple of weeks and everything goes back to normal and we see the FOTA teams running in Formula 1 maybe," Alonso said.

"It's not over, but it's not the teams' problem now. They did the maximum so it's up to the FIA. I think they had two months to do it. Now maybe it's too late. We'll see."

The former champion made it clear again that he would follow his Renault team into a new championship.

"Absolutely, one hundred percent."

And Spanky is trying to block the teams as much as possible... He's trying to use the aces that Jean-Marie Balestre used against FOCA's WFMS/WPDC idea all those years ago...

Mosley: Silverstone to keep British GP

By Pablo Elizalde Friday, June 19th 2009, 16:51 GMT

FIA president Max Mosley says it is "highly probable" that the British Grand Prix will take place at the Silverstone circuit again next year.

Although Donington has a 17-year deal to host the race from 2010, the FIA head made it clear he believes the race will actually take place at Silverstone.

Speaking in an interview with the BBC, Mosley said: "The chance of there not being a British Grand Prix next year is very small, and my personal view, and it is not for me to decide, is I think it highly probable that it will be at Silverstone.

"But that remains to be seen."

A Silverstone boss said yesterday that he did not believe Donington would be ready in time to host next year's race.

Our concern is for the 2010 Grand Prix," said Robert Brooks, the chairman of the British Racing Drivers' Club. "We all know that grands prix don't take sabbaticals terribly well, and 2010 is a big concern to us.

"We don't think from where we sit that a summer grand prix in 2010 is a possibility at Donington."

Donington boss Simon Gillett insisted, however, that the race would take place as planned.

Last edited:
What impact will this have on the circuits, such as the new Abu Dhabi one? Imagine how they much feel.

^ I dont care, for them its just money and money right now they have enough

Anyone want to take guesses at the name of the new series?

URC (ultimate racing championship? :lol:)

What impact will this have on the circuits, such as the new Abu Dhabi one? Imagine how they much feel.

Well, if you consider that Abu Dhabi is one of Ferrari's big sponsors, and owns a nice portion of the team, I'd bet that they'll welcome any series with Ferrari in it.