[F1] Webber @ Red Bull Racing in 2007

Awesome... Ever since he was on TG I'm a fan of his. He seems like a really cool guy, and I would hate to see him without a team!

Excellent!

Whether they stick with the FErrari engines or move to Renault ones next year, I can see this being a promising marriage :thumbsup:

shame. Webber won't contest for championships in a Red Bull. I doubt even race wins. He's just joined another mediocre team that's slightly less mediocre than before. Big shame.

Great new - would've preferred to have seen him in a Mclaren or Renault, but Red Bull have a very promising future.

Newey + Ferrari / Renault motors + Webber = :thumbsup:

flyingfridge said:
shame. Webber won't contest for championships in a Red Bull. I doubt even race wins. He's just joined another mediocre team that's slightly less mediocre than before. Big shame.
I'm with you on this one...but lets be honest - ANYTHING is better than Williams atm :|

Good luck to him! But damn I'm dissapointed he doesn't get to drive a Renault or at least a McLaren :(

It's not an "Ideal" team to be with, but at least he has a team for 2007, and as SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said anything is better then Williams.

Does anyone have info on the exact terms of the Webber/Red Bull deal, everything I've read only mentions he has a seat with them for 2007. Does Mark have an opportunity to move to another team in 2008?

Webber and DC should make for a pretty entertaining pairing, I'm definitely looking forward to how they stack up to one another. Here's hoping Red Bull can pull a better car out of their ass next year as well.

Devon said:
Does anyone have info on the exact terms of the Webber/Red Bull deal, everything I've read only mentions he has a seat with them for 2007. Does Mark have an opportunity to move to another team in 2008?

Interesting pick-up - Flavio's involved, so who knows what he's up to... Heikki / Webber at Renault in '08 perhaps.

fbc said:

Interesting find fbc, Fisichella is going to have to have a great season next year to have a chance of staying with them for longer.

As for Webber at Renault in 2008, don't be so sure, there is talk around that Flavio is ready to say farewell to Renault.

Edit: From Mark Webber

"I've got a good idea what is going on (with the Renault seat), but maybe you should be asking Flavio what he's doing next season," he said.

Source

watto said:
Excellent!

Whether they stick with the FErrari engines or move to Renault ones next year, I can see this being a promising marriage :thumbsup:

Considering that a) From the Chinese GP onwards there will be an engine freeze and b)the power of that Ferrari engine is awesome (as demonstrated when Michael was fending off De La Rosa), Red Bull would be fools to abandon the Ferrari engine.

As for Webber, I'm glad he has got a decent drive for next year, I really like him and think he is race winning material, though I personally don't think he's WDC material.