[F2TA] 2008 Season Calendar

Paddy

Car(s)
'06 BMW 320 M Sport
With Round One over and not too bad of a turnout, its time to unveil the rest of the calendar. I've been debating with myself as to should we keep with the theme of different restrictions on each race, or should we go for an S Class Season but where the car used for Round Two, must be used for the rest of the season. As this is a short season, I am going ahead with the original plan and Season 2 will follow th S Class league.

Schedule for 2008 F2TA League

Round Two - January 27th until February 9th

Suzuka Circuit East
Restrictions: Class B. RWD only. No Slicks.
This event is aimed to see how well can you build and develop a RWD car. The long sweeping uphill esses' will test your ability at throttle control and keeping the car in a straight line.

Round Three - February 10th to February 23rd

Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway
Restrictions: Class B. 4WD only. No Slicks.

Round Four - February 24th to March 8th

Tsukuba Long
Restrictions: Class A. RWD only. No Slicks.

Round Five - March 9th to March 22nd

Silverstone National Circuit
Restrictions: Class A. 4WD only. No Slicks.

Round Six - March 23rd to April 5th

Nurburgring Nordschliefe
Restrictions: Class S.

Points System
1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 6 points
3rd place - 5 points
4th place - 4 points
5th place - 3 points
6th place - 2 points
1 point for competing in each round.

Rules & Regulations

1. This series is run based upon a principle of trust and fairness. If you cheat, you will be caught and you will be banned. The length of the ban will be decided by myself along with the advice of others in the group

2. You must comply with the individual regulations for each event. If you are found to be in breach of these, you may be disqualified and have points deducted from your total standings.

3. Your time must be submitted to me via PM along with a screenshot of the time. The image must be clear and legible. The judges decision on what is or isn't legible is final.

4. Anyone can join at any stage. You will receive 1 (one) championship point for submitting your time to me via PM.

5. This is meant as a fun exercise. Any abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.

6. Enjoy yourselves. Share your setups, talk about your lines and which cars you think are best for each situation. There maybe an award for the most sportsmanship behaviour at the end.

For a list of all F2TA threads, Visit Here

Good luck :)
Championship Standings after Round Five

1. Pepto - 36 pts
2. Matt2000 - 23 pts
3. SLR722 - 23 pts
4. ahpadt - 22 pts
5. Prost264 - 14 pts
6. Twerp128 10 pts
7. Otispunkmeyer - 4pts
8. Starfox07 - 3 pts
9. TheFinn - 2 pts
10. Silverstar - 1 pts

Last edited:
OK, didn't make the last one because I just got my 360 this week, but I'm in from here on.

Thanks for taking the time to organize this :D

To be honest, its not about the cars, its about the racing. If we were to use S Class all season, it would probably get very boring, very quickly. Thats why I'm trying to come up with something that will retain the interest in each round. Sure, there are rounds that not everyone will like, but thats the same with everything. It makes the rounds you want to do all the more enjoyable.

To be honest, its not about the cars, its about the racing. If we were to use S Class all season, it would probably get very boring, very quickly. Thats why I'm trying to come up with something that will retain the interest in each round. Sure, there are rounds that not everyone will like, but thats the same with everything. It makes the rounds you want to do all the more enjoyable.

The problem with the lower classes is that in about 75% of all cases, one specific car will shine. You can easily tell by looking at the scoreboards.

Last edited:
mmm lower end cars are fun to drive

EDIT: good lord no slicks is killing me. The first thing i do to any car i get is wide slicks on work emotion wheels driving on sport tires is requiring me to relearn my throttle control.

so far i am trying to nail down what car i want to use. Thinking like Colin Chapman (lighter is better) i am looking at the Miata and AE86 currently but i am also thinking about my FC RX-7 and S2000. Can someone who has the new Car Pack with the E30 M3 tell me what it's base point value is?

Last edited:
The winner should get some type of trophy put next to their name until the next season starts up- to show their dominance. (And it should be different than the trophies from the arcade :p )

What the hell, took forever to find this thread.

Sticky?

Try this:

http://forums.finalgear.com/search.php?do=process&forumchoice[]=30&titlesonly=1&query=F2TA

The forum doesn't like "[" in URLs though, so here it is as a TinyURL for the people who wanna just click: http://tinyurl.com/2347k7

I know we've only completed one round so far, and not to give you more work, but will you have the season standings in this thread?