[F3TA] Round One Discussion

Not sure if I want to join the GBLA Miata Owner's Club yet, so I'm going to try a Z/28 first. It's a little slower stock, but it seems a wash with the way I drive. Was thinking of using a Skyline, but damned if I suck at hitting those lines in a RHD compared to my driving a LHD. Probably loosing a good half second at least not being able to keep it in the same place as the Camaro and Miata's lines.

Edit: Question; no slicks just means no Race Compound right? Can I still use street/sport, or are those off limits as well?

Last edited:
Street and sport tyres are fine, yes. I did some laps yesterday in an E30 M3 and a Miata, not very impressed by my performance. Will try again tonight when i'm not half asleep.

had to try some more :p managed to beat it! 57.689 now! now im stopping.. honest :p

That is well beyond what the Elan is capable of. I might give an MX-5 a try later if I get bored.

CRAP! Got my 360 banned yesterday! Now I can't play games from harddrive! :shock2::idiot::wall::nazilock::cry:

*Looking for cheap 360 arcade* <_<

He's good :eek:

Time to try to improve my hotlap time while slightly intoxicated.

Honestly, it's worked in GTR, GTR 2, RACE, Evo, and STCC before.. ...honest

Got a MX-5 down to 58.399, got to find a another minute. :p I think I have a good tune, might need to adjust my driving style. Also tried a S13 Silvia to around 58.91, and 300ZX with similar results, even a RWD converted Abarth 500 a little bit behind, not quite sure which car to stick with :p

Last edited:
Oy, I've got some work to do. I haven't got the Camaro all the way maxed for this class, but I'm hitting 1'01.5 with it. Figure once I max 'er out I'll be able to hit those sub-minute times. Not sure if I'll be able to do 57's as I don't think my driving is that good.

Edit: Nevermind, I do have it maxed out. Just need to tune her a bit more I think.

Edit 2: Okay, best I can do with the Camaro is make it run 1'01.5xx~1'02's consistantly, but can't crack that barrier. So I tried a Miata. I just pulled a 1'00.505. Damn you bastards.

Though I do have to say this, my Camaro grips a hell of a lot better than the Miata, and is better through the corners; whereas the Miata is faster in a striaght line...

Last edited:
Ugh... best I can manage right now is 59.213. I'm really starting to hate this track as well.

You guys are pretty good it seems! Just tried my Clio V6, prepped it to 349 PI and did a 1:02,538. Haven't done any tuning yet, gonna try that now :)

Best I can do is 59.269 in an E30 M3, think I might stick with that unless I get a lot more cash soon.

Free tip: Don't beat your best time with a car with slicks without taking a pic of your best time without slicks.

Can't understand why they removed local leaderboards from the game.

I've decided that I will use the Toyota MRS, though still behind my MX5 laptime by 0:00.001..... Though I think I can more out of the MRS then with the MX5 at this point.

I think I have an idea of what car to use now, just need to get some time to use it...

Free tip 2: Make sure you check if the tune you bought at the storefront has slicks before you waste hours hotlapping with it.