[F4TA] Round Ten Discussion

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Round Ten - April 22nd - May 6th
N?rburgring Nordschleife - Full Circuit
Restrictions:

Maximum level S, PI 700.
RWD only.

Slicks are allowed.

Entries to me via PM by midday GMT on May 6th. Please include 'F4TA Round Ten' and your Gamertag/FG username in the subject line. Please post in here when you have submitted, there's less chance of me losing entries that way (although so far it hasn't happened).

Don't forget to get as many photos of your (potentially winning) car if you have a gold account. I'm very short on photos, please see if you can find time to get a few snaps. :)

Good luck to Matchan who was/is expecting a baby and is still able to join in with us.

Rules and league calendar

Have fun!

Submitted my time. Probably was a faster car available, but I wanted to run this one.

Submitted.

I can't put into words how frustrated I am with this round, though... I managed my first clean lap a week ago, and didn't bother taking a photo of the time since I thought the lap was rubbish. However, after that I've done dozens and dozens of laps, where probably I could knock around five seconds off my time but did not manage a single clean lap. Until today, and that lap was about half a second faster than the original clean one...

This is probably the round where pad steering costs the most. It lacks the accuracy of a wheel so on the high speed stuff you pretty much throw the car at vaguely correct places and hope the result is what you expect, which is hardly ideal on a track like N?rburgring where there are 100+ places where you need to do this (making the odds for hitting all the marks rather unlikely), and also in several places you can't get enough lock on to make the corners. The Karousell is probably the worst, I could only do around 60-70kph around the banking without flying off it, but if I went below the banking and got the car sideways so that I basically drifted around the corner I could take it at 100+kph.

^ I agree that pad steering is a bit of a disadvantage on such a long track, however I don't want to be seen to be making things easy for you. :p

Anyway, I'm on time this week so...

1333495297355512.jpg

IT HAS JUST OCCURRED TO ME THAT WE'RE NOW GMT+1 HERE IN THE UK, SO ANY ENTRIES IN THE NEXT 40 MINUTES WILL BE ADDED.

Last edited:
^ I agree that pad steering is a bit of a disadvantage on such a long track, however I don't want to be seen to be making things easy for you. :p

It's not the long track (Fujimi Kaido was bearable), just the combination of that with the fast cars. Can we do N?rby in Class B or below cars in the future, pretty please? :p