[F4TA] Round Twelve Discussion

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Round Twelve - May 20th - June 3rd
Test Track Benchmark - Speedway Reverse
Restrictions:

Maximum Level R3.

Stock Cars only (e.g. Ford Fusion)

Entries to me via PM by midday GMT on June 3rd. Please include 'F4TA Round Twelve' and your Gamertag/FG username in the subject line. Please post in here when you have submitted, there's less chance of me losing entries that way (although so far it hasn't happened).

Don't forget to get as many photos of your (potentially winning) car if you have a gold account. I'm very short on photos, please see if you can find time to get a few snaps. :smile:

Rules and league calendar

Have fun!

I'm assuming that by Stock Cars you mean the NASCAR cars, right? Also, are we allowed to upgrade the cars as long as they stay in the R3 class?

edit: also, the track is the wrong way! All right truns =/ lol

Last edited:
I'm assuming that by Stock Cars you mean the NASCAR cars, right? Also, are we allowed to upgrade the cars as long as they stay in the R3 class?

edit: also, the track is the wrong way! All right truns =/ lol

Whoops I didn't see your post, only 11 days late. Yes I mean NASCARs, and yes you're free to modify within R3.

I don't want to be making it easy for you now do I? :D

Haha, funny thing really. The same day I posted about that question, my old MadCatz2 wheel finally decided to quit on me. So I went and got the Fanatec Forza 4 wheel and CSR pedal combo. Just got it in today and I'm finding it MUCH harder to drive with the clutch actually being a pedal instead of a button, and the really cool force feedback that isn't just vibration. :lol: Kinda wish I went for the shifter bit as well, but there really isn't any room for it on my desk. :p

Haha, funny thing really. The same day I posted about that question, my old MadCatz2 wheel finally decided to quit on me. So I went and got the Fanatec Forza 4 wheel and CSR pedal combo. Just got it in today and I'm finding it MUCH harder to drive with the clutch actually being a pedal instead of a button, and the really cool force feedback that isn't just vibration. :lol: Kinda wish I went for the shifter bit as well, but there really isn't any room for it on my desk. :p

Awesome wheel, isn't it? I'm running logitech pedals for now, I'll get CSR's later. Anywho, entered my time.

Awesome wheel, isn't it? I'm running logitech pedals for now, I'll get CSR's later. Anywho, entered my time.

Haha, yeah it's been loads of fun racing with that wheel. The funniest part is what I find myself doing sometimes when going into a corner. I'm so used to braking with my left foot that I forget that I have to use the clutch, and in my haste to downshift I end up using my RIGHT foot to clutch. :lol: Considering the only manual shift car I've ever driven was a 1960 Corvette, I think I need more practice. :D

Anyway, I submitted my time and took some pictures of my car. (I didn't design the vinyls for this one.)
ibg8fOQDs1UnlX.png

ib1x0VSdtol5aU.png

Submitted. Not entirely happy with my time, as I did manage to take another tenth off it but that particular lap inherited an invalid status from an earlier mistake... Also, I'm fairly sure I could've done further improvements on the setup as well.

Again a tricky round for a pad driver, this. You need to be very smooth and accurate with the steering and, well, the pad can't really do either of those :lol:

stop-sign-inverted-23841283530249NUow.jpg