Fabtech Ford F-350 Super Duty

BlaRo said:
I'd see if I could convert the dualies into single tires and do monster-truck style rear-wheel steering. Truck experts, is that possible?
Yes sir it is. Just find another front axle, weld new mounts on, work out some sort of hydraulic steering and you're golden :D. I'm sure someone in the 4x4 aftermarket makes kits. GMC used to have some sort of AWS on their trucks, anyone know if they still do that?

efoolution said:
But as a Sidenote ... I would find it rather suicidal towing 12 Tons with a 4,2 Tons vehicle ... It might be capable of towing such weights ... but that doesn?t mean you should do that.
There's nothing suicidal about it if you load your trailer properly (evenly) and drive smart. Don't forget that the trailers have brakes too. It's like the 150lb concrete bag example you gave. Say you can easily carry that bag, you can do it all day long. In 15-20 years it will catch up with you, or maybe not, if you eat your spinach :p.

SL65 said:
ROFL

I'm loving this
That makes 2 of us :lol:

Just as an aside, lots of people use trucks for lots of real reasons.

I grew up in a construction family. We always had at least one truck around, if not two, and they got used as trucks; hauling things about and so forth.

When we raced motorcycles in the AMA XC classes, we had an F-150 that racked up 75,000 miles in its first year, going around the country to various events. It was a lot easier to have a bike in the bed than to tow a trailer; especially since many venues were in off paved roads and so forth.

Bluntly, I'm ashamed of the number of people who seem to equate trucks with anything other than significant practicality. Honestly, far more sports cars and sporty cars are used for nothing other than commuting (and do you really need a VW R32 or a GTI to drive to work?) than trucks that don't get used for utility.

Steve

Reactions: TC
Wow, did jetsetter pass the torch on or something?