Fabtech Ford F-350 Super Duty

While I can't see owning that particular truck (and let's face it, SEMA is not exactly full of things that people will ever get!), I can tell you that I've been thinking of something along the lines of that truck.

Specifically, I want something that can easily extract a junior formula car without the need for a zillion ramps and blocks.

What I'd really like is a Transit with a floor section that could be lowered all the way down at a stop. then it'd be easy to push the car out. And the size of a Transit would be perfect in that it could spend its time parked in front of my home without annoying the neighbors.

Alas, no one else seems to share my vision. And we don't have any of the front-drive white vans here in the States. The only thing we have is the Merc Sprinter...but of course, that's RWD.

Steve

I actually like the idea of the lowered bed, it finally ads some sense to those beds. Still the Sprinter is a much wiser choice :D

I actually like the idea of the lowered bed, it finally ads some sense to those beds. Still the Sprinter is a much wiser choice :D

? - on both statements.

Figure out yourself :p

no, please enlighten us on how the production bed was useless before Deberti Designs got their hands on it.

or how the Sprinter is a much wiser choice.

last time i checked, the Sprinter can't tow 24,500lbs.

This is an incredibly stupid vehicle...as are all pickup tricks. This one tops them all however. When I look at old 20-30 year old pickups they look rugged and meant for WORK. This is just for showing off - the only people who would drive such a thing are bikers and college footballers.

Plus, I would to see someone trying to parallel park in this.

Am I the only one here that isn't a blindly apologetic American patriot or a condescending Euro snob that actually likes it?

I wish the bed was longer instead of putting all the room in the cab. But if I ever live my dream of owning a motorcycle restoration shop, I'd love to own one of these to easily load my vintage bikes onto, ticking off freeway miles from show to show with 5 of my friends or loved ones while looking relatively stealthy in the process. It doesn't have 10,000 feet of pointless hill-humping gas-sucking ground clearance that I wouldn't use anyway, because if I wanted to bomb around off-road I'd get something else instead (or at least air suspension).

Civic-style fail-drive's retarded though. I'd see if I could convert the dualies into single tires and do monster-truck style rear-wheel steering. Truck experts, is that possible?

I don't mind slammed dually's. Air bag suspension actually increases towing/payload capacity. And a lower ride hight lowers the center of gravity.

But getting rid of the rear axle and going with FWD-only makes this concept useless.

Am I the only one here that isn't a blindly apologetic American patriot or a condescending Euro snob that actually likes it?

I wish the bed was longer instead of putting all the room in the cab. But if I ever live my dream of owning a motorcycle restoration shop, I'd love to own one of these to easily load my vintage bikes onto, ticking off freeway miles from show to show with 5 of my friends or loved ones while looking relatively stealthy in the process. It doesn't have 10,000 feet of pointless hill-humping gas-sucking ground clearance that I wouldn't use anyway, because if I wanted to bomb around off-road I'd get something else instead (or at least air suspension).

Civic-style fail-drive's retarded though. I'd see if I could convert the dualies into single tires and do monster-truck style rear-wheel steering. Truck experts, is that possible?

To be honest, this is something that I would totally expect to see at Daytona Bike Week/Biketoberfest. Only with Orange stripes and Harely Davidson logos everywhere. Interesting truck, save for fail-wheel-drive and being the size of a short bus...

[...]last time i checked, the Sprinter can't tow 24,500lbs.
Depending wich Countries Law you apply, the f-450 can?t do that either. German Law (for Cars, Transporters and Pick-ups under 7,8 Tons) would say it could just tow a maximum of 8500 Pounds*, though beating the Sprinter with his maximum of about 7000 Pounds (3,5t).

* it is of course an estimatet Number, could very well be less but not more (as it is forbidden here to tow something that weighs more than the Towing-vehicle itself), the T?V would have a word with that, testing and classifiing this. But as a Sidenote ... I would find it rather suicidal towing 12 Tons with a 4,2 Tons vehicle ... It might be capable of towing such weights ... but that doesn?t mean you should do that. It?s like that 150 Pound Cement-sack ... you can pick it up and carry it around on your Shoulders ... but for your health you shoundn?t ...

Last edited:
Wow, that Ford F-Suppressed-Homosexuality is really quite ugly.

Depending wich Countries Law you apply, the f-450 can?t do that either. German Law (for Cars, Transporters and Pick-ups under 7,8 Tons) would say it could just tow a maximum of 8500 Pounds*, though beating the Sprinter with his maximum of about 7000 Pounds (3,5t).

* it is of course an estimatet Number, could very well be less but not more (as it is forbidden here to tow something that weighs more than the Towing-vehicle itself), the T?V would have a word with that, testing and classifiing this. But as a Sidenote ... I would find it rather suicidal towing 12 Tons with a 4,2 Tons vehicle ... It might be capable of towing such weights ... but that doesn?t mean you should do that. It?s like that 150 Pound Cement-sack ... you can pick it up and carry it around on your Shoulders ... but for your health you shoundn?t ...

blah blah blah....

none of what you said matters. it might be a law, but the SuperDuty can STILL tow 24,500lbs and the Sprinter can't.

supressed homosexual? i'm sorry, but my dad spent close to 25 years in the USAF, one of the most strictest dads you would ever meet, handed me his 3 moving sized boxfulls of Playboys when i was 16, and been married for 35 years....

but he drives a 2004 SuperDuty.

and to add, i've never EVER seen a homosexual drive a big turbo diesel American truck before in all my years of being alive. it's always been the typical American (as you Europeans see us).

Wow, that Ford F-Suppressed-Homosexuality is really quite ugly.

supressed homosexual? i'm sorry, but my dad spent close to 25 years in the USAF, one of the most strictest dads you would ever meet, handed me his 3 moving sized boxfulls of Playboys when i was 16, and been married for 35 years....

but he drives a 2004 SuperDuty.

and to add, i've never EVER seen a homosexual drive a big turbo diesel American truck before in all my years of being alive. it's always been the typical American (as you Europeans see us).
ROFL

I'm loving this :lol:

Wow, never ever? How can you be sure that one didn't drive by when you weren't looking? It would be easy to miss the neckerchief and moustache at highway speeds.:rolleyes:

like i said, most of the guys i've seen driving em were the middle-class, blue color, southern boys just getting off work at a construction site with a rebel flag hanging from the back or a rebel rear window graphic.

i've lived in the south my whole life. and i know that most of the guys you see with rebel flags are that actual homophobes and wouldn't stop at trying to kill a homosexual.

like i said, most of the guys i've seen driving em were the middle-class, blue color, southern boys just getting off work at a construction site with a rebel flag hanging from the back or a rebel rear window graphic.
Who were the other guys out of curiosity? Because what you described above is the only type I could imagine driving one of those things. And gays (most certainly not your father obviously..).

Who were the other guys out of curiosity? Because what you described above is the only type I could imagine driving one of those things. And gays (most certainly not your father obviously..).

the rich pricks with 2 children and a christian wife who think of it as a status symbol and never have used it to actually tow or move stuff.:lol:

That's why it's called supressed homosexuality :lol: