Fahrenheit 9/11

Fahrenheit 9/11

• I've seen it and liked it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've seen it and didn't like it at all.

• I haven't seen it yet, but am planning to.

• I have no intention to see it.

• Total voters
justin syder said:
so i take it canadians are cowardly?

if 9-11 happened to you guys would you think that you would need to fight the terrorists or simply set up a memorial and move on?

to haz, one big reason why i hate MMoore is his lies that he out put and brainwashed people with. We are there for oil??? plz, why do we have high gas prices, why dont you hear on the news that we are pumping their oil for our consumption. on top of that tell me how we are using their oil?

My point about moore, what has he done to help america??

Bush has gotten tons of terrorists, taliban assholes, and saddam captured of killed. Do you think the world is a better place without those people??

Then I ask, what has moore done to make this world better. :roll: Yeah making conspiracy theories on how we are there for oil or the govt is evil. :roll: :roll:

Ok, are you serious?!?! :shock:

Can I ask if your parents share this same twisted view of all this?
Do you read the paper Justin? Do you only watch CNN when you watch the news?

I think MM has done quite a difference with his docu's. He has been just about the only person that has done something to enlighten the ignorant american on the world matters, and those who don't want to admit to the truth (as yourself Justin) go against him and lean on these supposed "lies". Again, try looking at THE BIG PICTURE HERE.

As another person in this forum stated, the war in Iraq has NOTHING to do with 9/11. And yes, Bush wants the Afg & Iraq oil. Check out 60 minutes and such Justin...

You ask how MM makes this world better? Ok, what has Bush done to make this world better, is what is interesting. He's only made it worse than it was.....Hundreds of americans, Canadians and people from Europe has fought in Afg & Iraq and died! Unnescecary if you ask me....the war itself.

I'm looking forward to read the report they are working on now-to see if the US had sufficient reasons to go to war in Iraq. Their reason, as they say, was cuz of chemical weapons. But did they find any?? No....but they went in anyways. The releasedate for that report, Bush has set for AFTER the elections....if it had been before-Bush most def wouldn't be re-elected for sure...

I hope you realize the truth Justin, your Pres sux, you've never had a Pres that has done a worse job, and you've never been less free as americans as you are now. Open your narrow-ass mind Justin.
If only I could bitch-slap your face, I would...but wouldn't be worth it..

haz

Quote:
"As I said before I am not a Bush supporter and I think we should have had the world's blessing before taking ANY action."

This I agree on. Why would he go to war without NATO's "blessing"? I myself has work with NATO, and I know that if any other pres would do such a thing, well he actually wouldn't have been able to..but mr. Bush? ;) What a wanker....why should he decide for all of the rest of the nations if we should go to war and kill innocent people and soldiers?

haz

News in USA show what they want to show... during war in Iraq I could see the diff between Canadian/European channels and American ones...

it's disgusting...

as my History teacher said, during war, the first victim is always truth.

we tried to get Nato's "blessing" but they took too long. Long enough for saddam to lose or get ride of the weapons of mass destruction you liberals are bitchin about.

unlike you canadian liberals i form my own opinion, i ask you what has he done for america and no one has their OWN opinion, they tell me to see the movie which makes me believe that they have no true opinion on the matter. they were persued by the moives conspiracies and propoganda. you may say that i like a prez thats dumb or whatever or that i support a "useless" war but atleast i have my own opinions and beliefs. a movie dont tell me what to believe.

and lastly, im still waiting to hear what GOOD MMoore has done for america, what protest or rally or law changed or anything besides the release of propoganda.

justin syder said:
we tried to get Nato's "blessing" but they took too long. Long enough for saddam to lose or get ride of the weapons of mass destruction you liberals are bitchin about.

unlike you canadian liberals i form my own opinion, i ask you what has he done for america and no one has their OWN opinion, they tell me to see the movie which makes me believe that they have no true opinion on the matter. they were persued by the moives conspiracies and propoganda. you may say that i like a prez thats dumb or whatever or that i support a "useless" war but atleast i have my own opinions and beliefs. a movie dont tell me what to believe.

and lastly, im still waiting to hear what GOOD MMoore has done for america, what protest or rally or law changed or anything besides the release of propoganda.

You don't stop surprising us Schnydar....neither does your ignorance.

But I've got a Q 4 U:

DO YOU THINK GHANDIS WAY OF SOLVING ISSUES WOULD WORK TODAY?

(You've probably never heard the name Ghandi before, so from stopping you from googling-I'll just save you the time; Ghandis idealism was to fight without violence..)

haz

I believe that Ghandi's non-violent policy only works if the people have some position of power in key areas (for example they drive and provide the income of the wealthy).

For example I don't think that this approach would have worked for the Iraqi people, since Saddam was not dependent on the people to provide the economy and his wealth (the oil took care of that).
Also most key areas were in control by Saddam loyalists.

So I think the Iraqi people probably could have non-violently protested until they were blue in the face (or tortured to death) and it would have had little or no impact.

I'm not arguing that the US was justified in the pre-emptive attack, I'm just trying to convey that in my opinion, non-violence is sometimes a pipe-dream.

haz try this, go to israel and use ghandi's methods to the terrorists blowing themselves up in buses simply because they hate jews and israel.

:roll: :roll:

So-no then-I take it?!

You seem angry, take a pill...

haz

true :lol:

I try to be fair though ..

haz

WoW!!! I haven't been reading this thread, 'cause I didn't see the film, but what a heckuva argument we have going on here!!! :shock: :eek:

I can't say too much on this issue other than that:

1) One of the very few things I respect Jean Chretien (Canada's former Prime Minister) for is his refusal to go to war in Iraq

2) At one time you could have called me a Bush supporter. I'm not sure anymore. I think that he himself isn't as bad as he sounds, but he made a few not-so-good choices, but that the international state of affairs and the media have taken him to the bank. And becuase of that, I think he's going to have a tough time winning the next election.

3) I can't remember who said soething about Canadians being cowards, but that's the stupidest comment I've seen here in a while. Don't even start me on what we did in WWII (like Vimy Ridge for starters).

4) Bush may not be the best President that the US of A has ever had. But I don't think that you'd be able to convince me that John Kerry will be a whole lot better.

SiR_dude said:
WoW!!! I haven't been reading this thread, 'cause I didn't see the film, but what a heckuva argument we have going on here!!! :shock: :eek:

I can't say too much on this issue other than that:

1) One of the very few things I respect Jean Chretien (Canada's former Prime Minister) for is his refusal to go to war in Iraq
I haven't followed anything he said / did, but not going to war is (usually) one of the easiest things to do as a politician.

SiR_dude said:
2) At one time you could have called me a Bush supporter. I'm not sure anymore. I think that he himself isn't as bad as he sounds, but he made a few not-so-good choices, but that the international state of affairs and the media have taken him to the bank. And becuase of that, I think he's going to have a tough time winning the next election.
I agree.

SiR_dude said:
3) I can't remember who said soething about Canadians being cowards, but that's the stupidest comment I've seen here in a while. Don't even start me on what we did in WWII (like Vimy Ridge for starters).
Absolutely, thanks for helping liberate The Netherlands! :p

SiR_dude said:
4) Bush may not be the best President that the US of A has ever had. But I don't think that you'd be able to convince me that John Kerry will be a whole lot better.
I don't trust Kerry at all, I wish there were more choices.

?Top Ten George W. Bush Complaints About 'Fahrenheit 9/11'":

10. That actor who played the President was totally unconvincing

9. It oversimplified the way I stole the election

8. Too many of them fancy college-boy words

7. If Michael Moore had waited a few months, he could have included the part where I get him deported

6. Didn't have one of them hilarious monkeys who smoke cigarettes and gives people the finger

5. Of all Michael Moore's accusations, only 97% are true

4. Not sure - - I passed out after a piece of popcorn lodged in my windpipe

3. Where the hell was Spider-man?

2. Couldn't hear most of the movie over Cheney's foul mouth

1. I thought this was supposed to be about dodgeball

:lol:

^^I take it we watch the late show with David Letterman?^^ I saw that one...hilarious! Only 97% true...hahahahaha!!!!!

haz

Anyone who's still supporting Michael Moore and hasn't read Likwid's post yet, I suggest you do it now. I won't see this movie, and definitely won't pay for it, after being totally disappointed in BFC. Supposedly a documentary.

- A documentary should stick to facts, and bring them in a fair way. The murder number comparison (in BFC) between the US and eg. Germany was totally silly. Sure, there are as many Germans as there are Americans. Has Moore ever heard of percentages?

- He gets way too emotional, sometimes without even making sense. He asks a policeman in South Central (who was just doing his job!) whether he shouldn't be doing something about the pollution instead of his police work. Please, what's a policeman got to do with the smog over L.A.? Taking the victims of Columbine to K-Mart was another fine example of how he plays with the viewer's emotions, rather than with the viewer's intellect. Not unlike the strategy of the very people he's criticizing.

- Fahrenheit 9/11 should never have won at Cannes, let alone get the sort of standing ovation it did. If it is anything like Columbine, I would find it hard to believe that it was the best film in the festival. It won because of the point it is trying to make, not because of the film making. And here I thought Cannes was a film festival. I'm sure there are plenty of prizes you could give Moore, for engagement in world peace or whatnot (though I wouldn't approve), but please, don't give him the most precious film award in the world.

And finally, it strikes me that some people seem to feel you have to be either pro Bush or pro Moore. What if they both suck?

SPG900 said:
- Fahrenheit 9/11 should never have won at Cannes, let alone get the sort of standing ovation it did. If it is anything like Columbine, I would find it hard to believe that it was the best film in the festival. It won because of the point it is trying to make, not because of the film making. And here I thought Cannes was a film festival. I'm sure there are plenty of prizes you could give Moore, for engagement in world peace or whatnot (though I wouldn't approve), but please, don't give him the most precious film award in the world.

Please see the film before you criticize it based on cinematic quality. Even though I strongly support both the film and Michael Moore (I don't agree with everything he says of course - there isn't a single human being that has ever existed that I completely agree with though), I can understand people's criticism of the film based on its political slant and content.

However, in terms of cinematography, there isn't a single documentary I've ever seen that even comes close to comparing to this film. At times the film's use of stock footage\news footage is absolutely breath-taking.

The Cannes committee has stated numerous times in numerous sources that they chose the film based on cinematic quality (like they should have), not it's political slant - if you've seen the film and have an interest\knowledge of cinematography it would be nearly impossible to disagree.