Family forced out of home because they're ginger

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/6714735.stm

What do you think? Genuine discrimination or are they just playing the victim?

There is a very simple solution to the problem :mrgreen:
hair_dye.jpg

I can't help but think there's more to the story that what the family is saying.

I can't help but think there's more to the story that what the family is saying.

Agreed. But of course, if it is true, they could move to Scotland.

Someone find a neighbor and get them to post.... LOL

That even made it into my local newspaper this morning - initial thought was that there must've been more to it than only the colour of their hair, but it's a great headline for the tabloids.

Has humanity really reached such a low point that we'll continuously beat the crap out of people because of their natural hair colour?

No, I don't think so either. There's got to be more to this story.

He looks like a right little scrot in that picture. This probably has very little to do with hair colour. My brother has very ginger hair and no one even mentions it.

Sadly there are people in this world who make it their mission in life to terrorize ordinary, nice people out of their homes just for the heck of it. They throw rocks, set fires, kill pets, threaten to rape wives and daughters, beat the crap out of kids and do whatever the hell they please (and if you complain or sick the police on them they just terrorize you some more). There were two cases like this in the same neighbourhood in Amsterdam that made it onto national TV here. Very normal, ordinary people who had dared to ask if the radio could get turned down a bit or something. My uncle experienced something similar (people trying to drive him out of the neighbourhood) because somebody got it into his head that my uncle had an unhealthy interest for their kids (since he tried to make conversation with a kid. The man was lonely, his wife just kicked him out FFS). People like that make my blood boil.

There are people who will be asses for no reason, but I think the odds of being terrorized out of 3 houses are a bit long to say the least. There is something else going on here; a side to this story no one has told.

i expect there is more to this. i've never known anyone to get seriously bullied for being ginger (why?) so i expect they are pissing everyone off.

He looks like a right little scrot in that picture.

yeah i was thinking that too

You'd be amazed what people do, my daughter was victimised at school (in a fairly mild way but it made her very unhappy) because she has ginger hair. She started pulling it out! Thankfully she's got over it and decided that she'd like to dye it a darker colour anyway. No problem for a couple of years now.

That family, it did seem to me that there is more to the story that at first sight too, I am sure that something will emerge if there is.

Last edited:
One should never underestimate the cruelty of children, Cobol74. I know, I used to be one.

Sadly there are people in this world who make it their mission in life to terrorize ordinary, nice people out of their homes just for the heck of it. They throw rocks, set fires, kill pets, threaten to rape wives and daughters, beat the crap out of kids and do whatever the hell they please (and if you complain or sick the police on them they just terrorize you some more). There were two cases like this in the same neighbourhood in Amsterdam that made it onto national TV here. Very normal, ordinary people who had dared to ask if the radio could get turned down a bit or something. My uncle experienced something similar (people trying to drive him out of the neighbourhood) because somebody got it into his head that my uncle had an unhealthy interest for their kids (since he tried to make conversation with a kid. The man was lonely, his wife just kicked him out FFS). People like that make my blood boil.

I wonder what shooting them would do?

They are the Ginger Separatist Movement. I don't think that just because they suffer from gingervitis means that they need to move. Just because they don't have a soul does not mean they are less human.

I am going to say this, because no one else brought it up:

I think they are wrongly stigmatized, and I think it is because of a deep rooted stereotype of people with that color hair is that they are 1)Catholic 2)Poor and dirty 3)Practice Popery. In this day and age, some people hold onto this. :(

Even in the show South Park, they had an entire episode stigmatizing ginger haired ppl saying they were evil and had no souls, where did these weird stereotypes come from? I've lived around red-haired ppl all my life, and i never heard of the slur 'ginger hair' until recently.

spep_912_ginger_kids.jpg

at first i thought Ginger hair came from the show Gilligan's island because of the female character named Ginger

sixties13.jpg