Fanless graphics card

Only a 6600gt, and your gonna need some deasant case circulation if your ever wanting to run shuch fast card.

The amount of heatsinks on this card is pretty impressive :)

/edit, crazy how they compare it to a 7800 :? and only a 7800...

Not even from the same generation.

Kip is right. My normal 6600GT locked up just yesterday because the damn case fan which sucks air into the case was clutterd with fuzz. I don't even want to know how much cooling you'll need for that thing to work properly under load.

There have been tons of fanless graphics cards :?

Gigabyte have a X800 XL Fanless - and it's fantastic.

it_portal_pic_43653.jpg

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/74018/gigabyte-gvrx80l256v.html

You'd probably like the Gigabyte ones Vette Boss - there overclockability is rather good, especially with a well ventilated system. Although my next card is likely to be a 7800GT unless I can find another Golden Sample 6600GT to SLi for a decent price.

hate them, no performance without fan so easier to buy onboard graphics.

speaking of graphics.

i have a 2.6ghz P4
1 gig of pc2700 ram
ata hdd.
Leadtek Geforce 6600gt agp.

How come i'm not getting fps of like 100 on counterstrike(old)?

I think maybe your machine is running slow due to defragmentation. Or your drivers can be messed. Not sure.

speaking for Graphics card... I'm trying to put together a system for my girlfriend and I'm wondering which is better... Nvidia 7800GT or ATi X-800?...

The real answer to fanless: water.

Vette Boss said:
flyingfridge said:

Still need a fan to cool the radiator...

air > water :p

OK, yes you do still need a fan to cool the radiator, but saying air > water is going a bit far.

how about submersing the whole motherbaord in mineral oil. and cooling the oil via a silent pump that puts it through a radiator that in ice and recirculates it?

Silence is golden

I'm okay with my 13 fans though, I like to sleep with some white noise

andyhui01 said:
speaking for Graphics card... I'm trying to put together a system for my girlfriend and I'm wondering which is better... Nvidia 7800GT or ATi X-800?...

7800gt, by a mile. It's also a new generation card. But if she hardly plays any games a 6600gt is fine.

flyingfridge said:
Vette Boss said:
flyingfridge said:

Still need a fan to cool the radiator...

air > water :p

OK, yes you do still need a fan to cool the radiator, but saying air > water is going a bit far.

NOOO, u are both wrong. There are fanless kits. No fan at all. Radiator does not need fan. Google it...

andyhui01 said:

The 7800GT is a better card but much more expensive. If you just want a good value card then the X800GT is your best bet.