Fantastic news! The 2014 MY worst car in the world has been reviewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather drive the Corolla than the Avenger, 200 or the Journey. That said walking is better than driving a Avenger, 200 or a Journey.

Having driven both a 200 and the previous (current?) gen Corolla, I cannot agree more. Drive a couple hundred km in each car and you'll understand the difference between a boring car and a bad one.

Having driven both a 200 and the previous (current?) gen Corolla, I cannot agree more. Drive a couple hundred km in each car and you'll understand the difference between a boring car and a bad one.

Agreed. Whole point of this post was expressing my opinion of what Corolla embodies from a human lifestyle, cultural, social observation regard rather than to say that it's bad in literal terms. I know the quality is there, but that's where it all stops, and if one wants quality then there are other better options to consider, which offer quality + other exciting characteristic/features. I thought people on here would sort of get the underlying point.

As for the Sebring, yes it is awful and the facelift to 200 didn't help much. It is also funny to me when Chrysler reps push the 200 as an alternative to NA Passat, NA Accord, Camry, Altima, Malibu, Fusion/Mondeo and so forth. It's a joke. Talk about a brand which is complacent and not up to date.

Last edited:
Agreed. Whole point of this post was expressing my opinion of what Corolla embodies from a human lifestyle, cultural, social observation regard rather than to say that it's bad in literal terms. I know the quality is there, but that's where it all stops, and if one wants quality then there are other better options to consider, which offer quality + other exciting characteristic/features. I thought people on here would sort of get the underlying point.
I can see that, I mean after all I do drive fleet cars and I had to drive a sold Elantra back to head office to pick up a new car. The new car was a 2013 Corolla and even though this Elantra was a 2012 model...I couldn't think of almost anything the Corolla did better, I only came up with one...the rear windscreen in the Corolla is more useful for visibility. The problem however with the typical Corolla customer is...they want consistency and many will fail to bother with test driving another model simply because their previous Corolla didn't cause them any problems. This is also a problem with the typical Civic customer. In the compact segment the big names are Civic or Corolla, many will forget the others and there lies the problem, they're established and neither car has screwed up to the point where the loyalists should quit buying them.

I personally don't see the Corolla as the biggest annoyance in the way people buy cars. The Corolla fits the notion that people treat the car as an appliance, I don't have to like it but I do understand that. Keep it until its totally worn out and expensive to fix, don't care about anything else on it. For me its the CUV class that's more mind boggling. I don't understand it. They're not as good to drive as their car equivalents, they cost more, they cost more to maintain and they're barely any more practical than the station wagon that's apparently uncool. Truck based SUVs I totally get, car based CUVs though...no. I've driven so many of these things and each time there's a good one to drive like say the CX-7...it makes me think...if this had a Mazda 6 wagon body it'd be even better. Then there are the abysmal ones like the Journey, I don't understand how this thing is such a strong seller...when the Caravan is better in every single way. There is some sort of logic when one keeps buying Corolla after Corolla, but the CUV buyers...I don't see much logic.

[O]pinion of what Corolla embodies from a human lifestyle, cultural, social observation regard rather than to say that it's bad in literal terms.
[...]
I thought people on here would sort of get the underlying point.
The main point I got was that you judge the worth of a human being by them being "winners" or "losers", which in itself is pathetic.

The main point I got was that you judge the worth of a human being by them being "winners" or "losers", which in itself is pathetic.

I advise to lower the level of sensitivity and raise the level of intellectual curiosity. Don't take everything so literally.

You must have the fanciest of panties.

I advise to lower the level of sensitivity and raise the level of intellectual curiosity. Don't take everything so literally.

You claim to be constantly misunderstood. And yet it seems everyone misunderstanding you is misunderstanding you in the same exact way.

Did it ever occur to your tiny little princess head that there might be something wrong with your output?

This is the typical last line of defense of the online troll: To claim to have been misunderstood, to have meant everything humourously, and that the offended readers would be too sensitive/humourless/stupid to understand his brilliance.

It did not work the last gazillion times it was tried and it does not work now.

Really? That's the definition of a troll? No dude, I was not backing away from my post at all, I was merely reiterating and dumbing down what I was referring to in simplest terms that everything you, your buddy Frank and other 12 year olds could comprehend. Just because you didn't get the point doesn't automatically negate me as a troll. That's why the world is doomed it's because of people exactly like you who are quick to dismiss others' opinions. We should all think how you think. It's surprising because I see you're from Germany and I thought that everyone in Germany, (Western Germany at least) is well-mannered, educated and above all, observant.

This is the typical last line of defense of the online troll: To claim to have been misunderstood, to have meant everything humourously, and that the offended readers would be too sensitive/humourless/stupid to understand his brilliance.

It did not work the last gazillion times it was tried and it does not work now.

Last edited:
Please try to read carefully before judging others harshly. What I said was that your defense is the typical last line of defense of a troll called out. I did never say that this would be the "definition" of "troll".

I see you're from Germany and I thought that everyone in Germany, (Western Germany at least) is well-mannered, educated and above all, observant.

Even more generalizations *sigh*

How well do you know the Doctor to know if he's in western Germany? Besides, former GDR Germans traditionally have better manners such as greeting everyone everywhere... around here you'd be looked at in a funny way and then ignored.

[...] Besides, former GDR Germans traditionally have better manners such as greeting everyone everywhere... around here you'd be looked at in a funny way and then ignored.
I think that?s a small town/big town thing ... over here in the more rural areas people greet you everywhere too, no matter if they know you or not ... but not in the big town I?m from. But please carry on ...

I've met quite a number of Germans, as I have been friends with, drank with, worked with, and never once have I met a German I didn't like. So generalization derived from my personal experience? I wouldn't say it's a generalization, more like a long-term observation. I think I'm smart enough to distinguish between the two. Then again, come to think of it, there is Berlin and I haven't heard many flattering things about it!

As for big/small town differences, again haven't really noticed that much of a difference, but state-wise for sure...for instance, Philadelphia is not very friendly to outsiders at all, and they seem to be a bit behind with the times too.

I do think that, in general, buyers of new Corolla's are pathologically uninteresting people. However, I don't really care.

Oh and also for thick headed...to clarify further, there is no White House obsession...I mentioned Ari Fleisher (former WH PS) because he was classic at taking a viewpoint, no matter how valid it was, and then spinning it in a manner discrediting the person who presented it.

[Wow, that escalated quickly. Removed by Quiky]

Last edited by a moderator:
Closing this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.