Far Cry 3

Blayde, I haven't tried shooting sharks underwater but I have just stood on the shore and blazed away at them. Seems to work OK.

I did the same. Although you can kill them with melee supposedly.
I went through the whole game with silenced Assault Rifles, silenced SMGs and a SILENCED SNIPER RIFLE. But also the takedowns are nice, be sure to unlock them quick ;-)

edit: Took me 14 hours to complete it without much hunting/side questing!

the hardest difficulty is a lot of fun, I feel like I am invading a foreign country when venturing towards hostile territory for a takeover.... and they are RELENTLESS when they find you. Silenced weapons are practically mandatory, but the pistol sucks. I'm trying a bow next.

Just had the two complete polar opposites trying to take over outposts. The first I was just scoping out to decided how to attack it when a load of Komodo Dragons went in and killed everyone inside. 1,500xp points without doing anything other than looking through the lens of a camera.
The next one was full of snipers. I didn't find any proper cover and after shooting the first the rest handed my ass to me. I'll have to put some more thought into it when I next go to take that one.

I lold so hard

Anyone else think the man in white was based on Crockett from Miami Vice (the TV show, not the movie)?

i got a huge fps bump with using the newest nvidia beta patch for my 560ti, just a tip!

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.70-driver-uk.html

This GeForce driver is recommended for the best experience in the blockbuster holiday games. GeForce 310.70 drivers add optimizations for Far Cry 3, providing up to 38% faster performance.

These drivers also include the previously released optimizations for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III, providing up to 26% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and up to 18% faster performance in Assassin?s Creed III, as well as smooth, shimmer-free graphics with TXAA antialiasing in both games.

The mission with the weed was incredible.

Incidentally contains the only Skrillex song I like. Ubi has good taste.

so, did they fix the bullshit from far cry 2? I stopped caring about that game after the 8953rd respawning patrolling douchebag I had to kill to get to the actual content. Worst open world ever, it was just roads between mission areas with assholes shooting at you and wasting all your ammo just to make the game seem longer. I had nothing against the missions in far cry 2, but the open world just pissed me off. Sounds like fc3's better, but would like to hear some thinktalk about it ;)

Yep and there are fewer of them than in FC2, though they are more difficult to take down. You also get the outpost as a safe house.

The AMR sniper rifle is incredible. Seems to take anything down in one shot. Bloody loud though.

Crocodiles are scary as fuck! I was wandering along a beach when I noticed a guy standing near the water, so I made to run towards him when suddenly a big ass croc just jumps out of the water and drags the guy under. Thinking that was pretty cool I rush to the spot for a better look at the body when the bloody thing just LEAPS up and grabs me.

Basically this is an island of horrors. If it isnt pirates and their various guns and explosives, it's pissed off leopards, bears, and even cassowary's that will attack without provocation!

Last edited:
I just bought this two nights ago and holy balls is this fun.

I'm also in the stealth camp, silenced M700 and bow with silenced MP5 and a .44 Mag for the annoying wildlife. Hunting, adventuring and taking out entire camps with a bow is a lot of fun.

Finished it! Lowdown: really enjoyed it.

I chose to save my friends. At first I found the ending pretty ambiguous - Citra dies, but the friends go free. I figured the other ending would be the opposite. Well, it was, kinda, but Jason dies. Doesn't matter. Had sex. Turns out you can actually "lose". Not so ambiguous any more.

Kinda wished for some extra little epilogue or something, but I'm fine without it. Still puzzled as to why Jason can continue romping around the island. I would've figured he'd have gone with his friends after all.