Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

patrick10 said:
admit it, your a car guy, you will see this movie. your like a few of my buddys who think its cool to hate f&f, but cant stay away from watching it. shit even though i dont want to, ill see it(granted i wont pay for it).

btw, how many 240s were in it? from the earlier videos and pics i saw, it looked to be mostly z's and rx7s ande not many 240s at all.
acutally, I won't. I did eventually see the second one, but that was like 5 months ago when I finally downloaded it, and promptly deleted it.

A group of guys who knew someone who was in the movie from our area went, and said they saw one S chassis car, an S15. The rest were mostly Zs and 7s.

I'm not against this movie because it sucks, for all I care it could be the best movie since boondock saints, I am against it for what it could do to my community. I've already heard of dumbass kids crashing thier ricemobiles after the movie, the bad press has already started. My club has been trying to get legitimate drift events going in this state for over 3 years, and only in the last few months have we really succeeded. This has the potential to set us back 3 years depending on how many dumbass kids wreck.

also, expect the price of parts to go up, tuners. The prices of raw carbon, steel and aluminum have already gone up, with increased demand this means parts could become scarce or very expensive.

the streetricer mentality does not belong on the touge, or in drifting.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
............. I want my 90 minutes back. No, Seriously.

Is it worth watching just to laugh at it? I used to live not far from where much of where they filmed it. Plus I gotta know if the guy seriously thought putting an RB26 in a '67 fastback was because it was better than the 302.

^ eh it depends. go in with ultra-low expectations and you might be fine. as mentioned, the girls look pretty good

thedguy said:
Is it worth watching just to laugh at it? I used to live not far from where much of where they filmed it. Plus I gotta know if the guy seriously thought putting an RB26 in a '67 fastback was because it was better than the 302.

Apparently, contrary to initial impressions, they didn't remove the V8 from the Mustang because they thought the RB26 was "better.". I haven't seen the movie, but I hear the mustang isn't running when he gets it, and he can't get the parts in time so the Skyline engine is the only one he can use.

Re: Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

bartboy9891 said:
the BEST part was that there was a cameo by Keiichi Tsuchiya! and someone that could've possibly been Gan-San

the only good part of the movie...too bad it was just two 5 sec shots :(

p0w3r said:
bartboy9891 said:
the BEST part was that there was a cameo by Keiichi Tsuchiya! and someone that could've possibly been Gan-San

Who's that?

No Boss said:
p0w3r said:
bartboy9891 said:

Who's that?
He's that Japanese guy who hosts all those "Best Motoring" and "Option" vids. He's also known as the "Drift King". He's like the Jap equivelant of Tiff or the Stig but much better.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
No Boss said:
p0w3r said:
bartboy9891 said:

Who's that?
He's that Japanese guy who hosts all those "Best Motoring" and "Option" vids. He's also known as the "Drift King". He's like the Jap equivelant of Tiff or the Stig but much better.

kool, what part of the movie was he in? I just watched it tonight and immediatly deleted it for fear it would lock my computer into it's own vortex of suck....

I haven't even seen the second one :) Come to think of it, I don't even think I watched the first one all the way through.....

jeffy777 said:
I haven't even seen the second one :) Come to think of it, I don't even think I watched the first one all the way through.....

Ah, some sanity :thumbsup:

The bits I've seen of the first one are enough for me to know I shouldn't encourage them to make more by paying to see any subsequent efforts.

Better than the Stig? The stig is more than one person, he is many professionals and im doubt that just one japanese guy has talent better than all of them.

Anyways, I might not know what Im talking about, however Im sure he must be great cause I hear this guys has some major repultation there.

fbc said:
jeffy777 said:

Ah, some sanity :thumbsup:

The bits I've seen of the first one are enough for me to know I shouldn't encourage them to make more by paying to see any subsequent efforts.

I've only seen the first one, but my 13 year old brother went to see it and he thought is was great. I think I need a serious talk with him :p

The cars in the movie are so lame...

The fastest car in the movie:
71 Monte Carlo, it ran a 12.7x.

Second and third fastest was the TT 350Z, and the RB26DET Mustang @ around 13.2-13.5

Next were a bunch of the other cars ranging from 13.6-14.5ish, and finally a TURBO RX8 that ran 14.9...

So they made a movie about a bunch of relatively unimpressive cars... granted it is about drifting and not so much about going fast in a straight line, but come on.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=115639

the second movie was worse as far as that goes. SCC tested the main cars in the last one, and they actually made them perform worse than the stock versions.

but 1/4 times don't matter because drag racing is for gay rednecks.

zenkidori said:
but 1/4 times don't matter because drag racing is for gay rednecks.

Don't be an ass. Drag racing can be fun. Ever seen a top fuel race? 3000 horse power, over 500 cubic inches, 3 seconds in the quater at 330 mph. Reaction times measured in hundredths of a second and several g's at launch. Drag racing is not as eay as you think.

Zen thinks you should try attaching rockets to the side of your car and tell him that the race was fun. :lol: The fastest car is the most scientificly designed rocket that will make you go 0-330mph in .5 second. :D

Hmm.... I wounder how fast a F-22 Rapter will go while it's wheels are still on the road. I suppose my point is, if you want to test your reaction times you should try to become a fighter pilot. I understand the [US] air force has very high requirements for that kind of thing.

SellSpeed said:
I suppose my point is, if you want to test your reaction times you should try to become a fighter pilot. I understand the [US] air force has very high requirements for that kind of thing.
funny, that's exactly what I'm doing ROTC for.