Fast food chains

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I had my first Dominos today, I didn't want Dominos as it's a million pound for the worlds smallest pizza. Even when I found out I wasn't paying, I wasn't happy.

Ok, maybe i'm crazy. A multi-billion pound pizza chain must be able to make good pizza, right?

vmszv7.jpg

No, why is the meat barely cooked? More importantly why did this cost ?11.99?

Next up, somekind of chicken with wedges.

2dsptes.jpg

Awesome!!! Frozen food for ?6.99.

2 Medium Pizzas
'chicken' and wedges
4 doughnuts

?35 we got 25% off. So it was around ?26, for two people? :blink::?

Those Iraqi/Turkish/not quite sure where they're from. Takeaways that do burgers/pizzas/kebabs/fried chicken. Sell pizzas for half that cost and they fill you up.

TLDR Fuck Dominos.

That Dominos pizza looks terrible compared to the local Dominos. I actually really like the one here.

That Dominos pizza looks terrible compared to the local Dominos. I actually really like the one here.

Second that - the US branch Domino's chain has fierce competition and they recently had to make major changes. That looks a lot like 'old' Dominos.

The end result is pizza that's actually pretty good. But, as with many things, Domino's is a franchise operation and it's entirely possible that your local franchisees blow goats. This is a well known issue with US chains having UK franchisees. As bad as McDonalds is considered to be in the US, the McD's operations in the UK somehow manage to be worse when I've been over there.

Last edited:
Well, I like BK's Big King (which doesn't exist in the US, the US-website doesn't list it) and King Wings (again, non-existant in the US), the fries are good there as well, McD's fries are too salty and often not crisp. Additionally, Subway Sandwiches are really good, but then you have thousands of combinations to find many which taste good.

For pizza fortunately there is a small chain in northern Germany named mundfein which makes really good pizza, they call themselves "pizza manufactory". I don't like Smiley's or Joey's (the two large german pizza delivery chains), the pizzas there are oozing fat, mundfein has good lasagna and spaghetti as well.

Oh, and ?12 for such a small pizza? That's really ridiculous, for that kind of money you get a 36 cm (~ 14") pizza with at least 4 toppings...

I don't always eat fast food, but when I do, it's Five Guys, Firehouse, or Jersey Mike's.

McD or BK - only when it's like 4 am and it's the only choice available. PH - about once every ten years, but in general I don't like the masses of cheese they call pizza. KFC - I strangely have a taste for their chicken wings with fries, so I prefer them to the ones mentioned before. Subway - meh, but the most enjoyable of them all.

I generally prefer to get a kebab or gyros. Or currywurst with fries. There's generally enough small greek or turkish takeaway places around for that.

Last edited:
The only time I've had Domino's recently was when they do 50% off online orders, in which case it's a steal (also much better than the UK one apparently). I priced out a pizza like that one just for fun (looks like pepperoni, sliced sausage, ham and bacon?) and it came to $15, so 50% off would be $7.50 or about ?4.87. Even our regular price is lower at ?9.74.

So as to why it exists in the UK, no idea, seams like a terrible deal :p

I consider places like Five Guy's one tier above fast food, it's more expensive and better quality, though not by much.

Last edited:
I generally eat your typical fast food a lot simply because i'm too lazy to pack a lunch and its convenient at work. It's cheap and halfway decent. As far as quality fast food, I love In N Out more than a reasonable person should. I only manage to get it every few years (last week being my last chance) and I believe the rarity of how often I get it to be the main reason why I hold it so high.

For the record, when I had it last week, It lived up to all my expectations. I'm already counting the days until I can get it again.

Well, I like BK's Big King (which doesn't exist in the US, the US-website doesn't list it) and King Wings (again, non-existant in the US), the fries are good there as well, McD's fries are too salty and often not crisp. Additionally, Subway Sandwiches are really good, but then you have thousands of combinations to find many which taste good.

We get the Big King here in Canada and it's been on promotion for a few months now ($5 combo every day). It's pretty good but it's a blatant copy of the Big Mac (even the name) which I'm sure they did on purpose :lol:. It's still not as good as the Whopper. :D

2 Medium Pizzas
'chicken' and wedges
4 doughnuts
[...] for two people? :blink:?
More like two hungry bears ... :p

[...] Those Iraqi/Turkish/not quite sure where they're from. Takeaways that do burgers/pizzas/kebabs/fried chicken. Sell pizzas for half that cost and they fill you up.

Hit and miss also with a lot with those places. Have had inedible pizzas from these sort of places before.

Dominos, I have had maybe 3 or 4 Pizzas from them in the Netherlands (since there was no Dominos where I lived - when I lived there) and they were all good. Pricy, yes - but I?d rather pay a bit more and have a decent product than someone dumping ketchup and imitation cheese on a frozen flatbread-dough and calling it a Pizza. Figuring out which of those cheap places makes a decent pizza takes some time and frustration. A chain like dominos should get it right.

In germany my favorite place to order Pizza was joeys(.de) - again a bit higher priced than others and again - a better product IMHO. And I am putting the emphasis on ordering because If I actually wanted to eat a GOOD pizza, I?d go to a good Italian restaurant. The really good pizzas do not come in a carton box but on a plate. ;)

Fast food generally, back in Germany I used to eat D?ner once a week or so - and again - not from one of the cheap places, but the ones that put more an emphasis on quality than on price. Or a decent currywurst in places like the curryQ(.de) or currycult(.com).
McD or Burger King - I prefer Burger King and when I was still in Germany and had a Car at my disposal I would stop there once or twice a month when I was lazy.

On a sidenote - I hardly eat any fatty fast food since moving to france. McD I have been to twice in half a year, I have more or less given up on finding decent D?ner Kebab nearby :( and I haven?t ordered a Pizza at all since I moved here (depite Dominos being here).
So I have ditched a lot of bad food-habits ... and guess what? I?ve put on weight. Yes, no more fast food, no more driving around in a car, no coke or pepsi anymore ... and I?m gaining weight. I blame France.

The only time I've had Domino's was in Ireland, and it was pretty good... agree on the high price though. As for ordering pizza back home I'm with Eye-Q, Mundfein is brilliant. There those 35 pounds would get you five to six pizzas that won't need two doughnuts or some chicken bits afterwards to be full.
Eye-Q: Does your mundfein have tables to eat there? If so, do try eating a pizza there. Might not be the most cosy atmosphere, but fresh from the oven adds another level of awesomeness to their pizzas.
Interrobang: I've had Joey's on a plate in one of their joints in Hanover, same thing as with Mundfein - up a notch from being driven around in a carton box.

For non-pizza fast food, I've quite liked Jack in the Box in the US - much better than McD or BK. Over here I'd choose KFC over those two, but that might be due to them not existing up north... makes it that little bit special.

On the German side of fast food I'm a sucker for Ziervogel's Currywurst :drool:

I want pizza so bad but its hard to justify ordering a whole pizza for one guy. Sure I could order 1 or 2 slices and eat it there I guess...

I just order a whole pizza and have the leftovers for lunch/dinner the next day.
This is what I do. Plus, the pizza is even better if you reheat it in an oven and not a microwave.

This is what I do. Plus, the pizza is even better if you reheat it in an oven and not a microwave.

Even better in a pan on the stovetop, with a lid to trap heat to help melt the cheese on top.